Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

I'd rather stay on Xbox with friends, than alone on PS4.

• 53 results
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I have a PS3 already.

No Caption Provided

Alright. Well I talked with my friend, and it looks like I'm still getting an Xbox ∞ then. I think I'ma get that $300 subscription version, as that one comes with XBL already. They have a 360 model for $100, and a price plan now. I mean if I'm right, the PS4 is still gonna cost more than the X∞ anyway. If the non-subscription version X∞ costs $500, then a PS4 would cost like $550, 600 to 650 up. At $300, I can still get a $70 2 year warranty, and a couple of games like I wanted. [Well, maybe. I mean the subscription version might have to come from a Microsoft Store, rather than Best Buy.]

As long as a couple of my friends get on Xbox ∞, I should be fine. I have one friend that just likes CoD, and I doubt he would convert to PS4 just cuz. He doesn't do indie games, but he would maybe get on some next-gen co-op Castle Crasher stuff, or whatever they do. I could probably get him on Battlefield again, and I might get a CoD this year or next, this time around. Maybe it'll actually be worth buying. I'm just glad we're on next-gen now with 8GB RAM to play with.

I have maybe two friends who would maybe play Dragon Age III multi-player with me. I just need to convert G1 to spending like a solid $500, but whatevs if she won't. She'll get on whenever. She likes Xbox. G2 will buy an Xbox, fucking whenever. She could barely understand the controller dead-zone that is Borderlands 2, now.

No Caption Provided

Its like: If I got a PS4, I won't get people to game Killzone with me. They won't buy it, but maybe I could get some people on Halo, though. I sure hope Black Tusk Studios showcases something good at E3 this year. And shit. I actually wanna buy a Dance Central 4 at some point and lose some weight. Fuck it! Kill me, it seems alright. [I have maybe two friends I could Dance Central with. Maybe it might actually get some proper multiplayer this time. Leaderboards might get upgraded, or whatever. Proper Kinect 2.0 detection]

Yea, shit. Wait until E3. But at least I'll be happy knowing I'll be okay playing with friends no matter what I do. None of my friends are gonna build a gaming PC. Maybe like one. But its not like everyone I know is just gonna get on WoW or TF2. That's just not what they do, and I don't care to get on that just for a PC.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think quite a few people are in the same boat as you. Myself being one of them. I do realize how shit microsoft is in the gaming department these last few years. Hell they basically have no exclusives at this point besides halo. Paying for online is greasy and shouldn't be a thing at all. But I have no friends that give a shit about the Playstation and personally the controller is uncomfortable so I refuse to subject myself to using the thing. I know I shouldnt support what they are doing but I play games to have fun and playing withy friends is a big part of that. Although I will be building a gaming PC at some point since I have a few buddies that are into PC gaming. If the thing is always online which people seem to be already talking about then I may just focus on PC next gen. As for Dance Cnetral the whole getting up and dancing in front of the TV thing just doesn't interest me at all. I'd rather just go outside for a run.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OfficeGamer

If this is really how you think and priorotize (social aspects, which games will attract your friends and which won't), then you shouldn't hesitate to get the next Box because always online isn't an issue for you and all you want is a handful of popular shooters.

However you do sound like you're force-convincing yourself that it's a good move, and I feel that deep down inside you want that PS4 goodness and all the great games coming out for it that will be the fruit of the new development-friendly strategy of SONY we've been hearing about, not just Halo and CoD. Call of Duty exists on all platforms, so does Battlefield, and just swap Halo with Killzone and convince your friends it's better, and voila, you got yourself a PS4 gang.

"He likes Xbox" doesn't really mean anything when a generation ends and another begins, because it's not the same console anymore.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

<p>I don't play much multiplayer so this is not a factor for me.</p>

Even if I did, being assaulted with ads was enough to make me unplug my 360, so I would still switch.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By laserbolts

@officegamer: I agree with your advice to him but what if his friends care about their gamerscore and stuff like that? I know its a stupid thing to choose a console over but some people seriously do care about that stuff. Im not sure saying that the PS4 will have a bunch of great exclusives without those games even being announced yet will be enough to sway people into giving up that stuff. Microsoft has quite the stranglehold on people at this point and they would have to really fuck up to lose what they have built up this generation.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i play cod on ps3 shoot me

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jimmyfenix

@officegamer: I agree with your advice to him but what if his friends care about their gamerscore and stuff like that? I know its a stupid thing to choose a console over but some people seriously do care about that stuff. Im not sure saying that the PS4 will have a bunch of great exclusives without those games even being announced yet will be enough to sway people into giving up that stuff. Microsoft has quite the stranglehold on people at this point and they would have to really fuck up to lose what they have built up this generation.

always on always connected

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Huh?

You know nothing concrete about either console's price (especially PS4), services, and games, but you're ready to buy a 720? Or are you saying no matter what the PS4 offers vs 720 you're friends wouldn't buy a PS4, so it's a moot point, and you'll buy a 720 no matter what is revealed about it? But then you say you'll be happy no matter what you do... Sorry duder ya lost me.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@officegamer: Yea, I am sorta trying to convince myself. But its kinda about price and friends with me.

Like, that guy I know I'll think of as B1, the CoD guy. B1 likes Halo, and maybe I could get him on Destiny. But Killzone is always gonna be Killzone, even if PS4 had 16GB RAM. It'd just be a game where only I would buy and the multiplayer fanbase is only gonna last so long, months after the release date.

I have a PS3 now, and that's what happened with Resistance 3. Halo thrives because of Forge mode, and survives because of everything else. I'm never gonna convince ANYone on Killzone. No one. I managed to convert people on Battlefield, barely. And at the end of the day, I just wanna C4 tanks with friends. Not try and justify lone wolf multiplayer like I do now.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: Has that been confirmed? I havent been on the internet much these past few weeks so haven't kept up on things.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if the rumors of the next Xbox are true and it really does give you Hepatitis C, then how will you be able to afford your meds ON TOP of the Live subscription?

PS4 fo lyfe.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why even make this decision now, when there is only rumors floating around about NextGen Xbox. We dont even know if it WILL have 8gigs ram.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: Has that been confirmed? I havent been on the internet much these past few weeks so haven't kept up on things.

http://winsupersite.com/xbox/xbox-vnext-and-always-online

take what you will from that article he kind of says that it will happen. plus that developer on neogaf said "prepare to pay your isp bills" again i would trust it with a grain of salt but the rumors just keep on building

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

If the non-subscription version X∞ costs $500, then a PS4 would cost like $550, 600 to 650 up.

No. There is not a snow balls chance in hell the next PlayStation's base model will be near $599. Kaz Hirai will not let it happen again under his watch.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: Well, maybe. But that GDDR5 is gonna cost a pretty penny. It was last minute.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, your logic makes no sense. None of these prices are confirmed, not just the console price but even the cost of XBL. And you're making leaps of logic on your friend's behalf that make even less sense. CoD is not an exclusive Sony has it also as well as the next Dragon Age. And if these people were indeed only into these games why wouldn't they go with a PS4 since it plays blurays and access to Netflix and other streaming media without requiring a subscription to XBL?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By colourful_hippie

I can understand that. I'm glad my friends made the move to PC when I did, but I don't play multiplayer games as much as I used to so ehh.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@blu3v3nom07: This reads like you wrote down your inner monologue without any editing or reviewing. If this were in a horror movie it would be a perfect way to show the character's detachment from reality in a subtle way.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathswind: Cuz they said? Or at least it got sussed out. I would have to go find an article. I know they said it on an old bombcast. I don't wanna find it.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathswind: I'm looking in bombcasts now.. I know Patrick said it. On 2-26-13 now.

@psylah: The fuck is that? Is that good? Funny? Like, I don't even recognize the series, and I don't know what's a vidcon. Why isn't it just like a dumb one frame comic? That's all you need for a shitty joke.

Its a fucking minstrel-pie shit you got there. Like, I think its funny, because I think its supposed to be funny..

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By TheHT

@deathswind: I'm looking in bombcasts now.. I know Patrick said it. On 2-26-13 now.

@psylah: The fuck is that? Is that good? Funny? Like, I don't even recognize the series, and I don't know what's a vidcon. Why isn't it just like a dumb one frame comic? That's all you need for a shitty joke.

Its a fucking minstrel-pie shit you got there. Like, I think its funny, because I think its supposed to be funny..

I believe it's a noble PC looking down on and talking down the console peasants getting excited about something they've no idea about.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Ahm. Alright. That could get done in like 2 frames: with a canted shot, and a CU on the PC.

No Caption Provided

@twigger89: Fucking blogs. How do they work?

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. But I'm using MiiVerse a lot on Wii U.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go fishing with my friends.

I play video games alone on my PC.

I r be happy with my life.

BulimicBalzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BulimicBalzac

The only reason I would buy a PS4 over the Durango is the fucking advertisements plastered all over the goddamn place. It is subscription based as well as having a fuck ton, a shit ton, a... cum ton ( feel dirty, shame).

When the ad is three times the size of the game image on the dashboard then you have a big disgusting problem. So I'm throwing off my red, white, and blue shades. Putting them down and unless the ad problem gets a major overhaul I will PS4.

In short TL;DR Ads suck, school is lame, and smoking weed everyday is a proper hobby.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would say it depends on E3 when we know everything about the systems. I would bet many can and will jump ship any which way if the platform is right.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the middle of this, I guess. I kinda want to get the next Xbox because I've completely enjoyed my experience with the 360 so far, and I was primarily a Sony gamer through the PS1 and Ps2 eras. The PS3 has few exclusives I've wanted to play, and I feel as though I've played everything on that console that I want to play aside from The Last of Us (I've yet to play Uncharted 2 and 3, but kinda want to). Most of my friends are on 360, which is a huge factor for me even though I primarily play singleplayer games. I don't care much for dealing with randoms and enjoy having a set group that enhances my experience because we actually communitcate. That aside, even though I have a child on the way and most of my expenses are going towards my soon to be family, I'm setting a bit of cash aside with each check to build a new PC (not necessarily for gaming, but it would be nice. I mostly like to dabble in game capture and video editing) and to buy one of the next-gen consoles. I'm kinda impressed by the PS4, but I'm really hoping Microsoft can get their shit together and offer something along the same lines and still cater to gamers just enough to make it worthwhile.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Why are you posting this here?

No Caption Provided

@twigger89: Fucking blogs. How do they work?

I think quite a few people are in the same boat as you. Myself being one of them. I do realize how shit microsoft is in the gaming department these last few years. Hell they basically have no exclusives at this point besides halo. Paying for online is greasy and shouldn't be a thing at all. But I have no friends that give a shit about the Playstation and personally the controller is uncomfortable so I refuse to subject myself to using the thing. I know I shouldnt support what they are doing but I play games to have fun and playing withy friends is a big part of that. Although I will be building a gaming PC at some point since I have a few buddies that are into PC gaming. If the thing is always online which people seem to be already talking about then I may just focus on PC next gen. As for Dance Cnetral the whole getting up and dancing in front of the TV thing just doesn't interest me at all. I'd rather just go outside for a run.

I'ma just say that I like your answer. Friends is the only thing that matters with me. Whatever else everyone else does, I could care less. Its pretty easy for Microsoft to just engineer out some new exclusives, for the new generation.

And I also do love that Xbox controller. I don't like that PS4 controller, interface that I've seen, and trophies that still suck. Trying to separate the cool games from the physical/digital interface, can be hard for alot of people. Its gonna be a very long month to wait for more details.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Okay...Why is it given that PS4 will cost more than Xbox? If all your friends are going to have to spends upwards of $500 dollars, why is it hard to convince them to buy one console or the other? Unless it's that you feel like you are locked into the MS achievement and all, but other than that there is no real reasons you have to stick with MS. It is not given that Dragon age mulitplayer is going to be good. All the games you mentioned, apart from Halo, are also going to be on PC and Playstation. You are reaching for it aren't ya mate?

Avatar image for deactivated-586642a039045
    deactivated-586642a039045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there's any reason to decide which console - xbox720 or PS4 - to buy yet. By the time both consoles are released for them, we will have heard all the concrete facts (pricing, hardware, games, features etc), in plenty of time. In the meantime, I'm already saving my hard-earned money for when the time comes to lay down all the money for a new console & fresh games on day 1. That way, whether I choose to buy the xbox720 or PS4, money won't be quite so much a problem in terms of rushing to save money in time for launch, my money will already be in the bank, set aside specifically ready for it.

Having said all that, I played xbox 1, xbox360 and although I've also had a PS3, I prefer xbox with its more comfortable controller. So I really do hope to go with the xbox720, but if not then I really like being able to play PS4 with internet TV through UStream. We'll see I guess.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You should probably decide now instead of waiting for more concrete information. It's more fun this way.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@theht said:

I believe it's a noble PC looking down on and talking down the console peasants getting excited about something they've no idea about.

Wait, why does the PC have a monitor and keyboard for a head while the "console peasants" have discs? Do PCs not play discs? Shouldn't the consoles be a TV with a console or a controller? Well, controllers work on PC also even though PC elitists look down on using them. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of my 'gamer' friends have migrated to the PC and bar the odd game here and there I can't run I'm pretty PC these days too. PS+ is the only thing that keeps me turning my PS3 on each month.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mustachio

I was in a similar situation, with the difference being I flat-out refuse to get another Xbox. Seeing as I generally have my ear to the ground a little more than my friends when it comes to videogames, it wasn't too difficult to convince them that it wasn't a great idea. The majority of people I know personally who will be moving on to next gen are mainly going PC, with a few considering PS4 down the line. Most conversations went as follows:

Me: We probably shouldn't get the next Xbox.

Him: Why?

Me: How much money have you spent on Gold?

Him: Oh yeah, right.

Me: Also how many times has your Xbox just straight up broken?

Him: Yeah, fuck that.

Me: Fuck that.

Fuck that.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

...all the great games coming out for it that will be the fruit of the new development-friendly strategy of SONY we've been hearing about...

Let's wait and see that pans out before we talk about how great Sony is doing it.

This was kind of the strategy Microsoft used to make the 360 such a big success, and kind of what Sony did the generation previous. In both cases, once success was achieved that's when they start throwing their weight around and sticking it to the developers. Honestly, I would be surprised if the cycle doesn't repeat itself regardless of who comes out on top.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

When the 360 was released, it was pretty amazing as far as features, connectivity and the ability to change and rework firmware for a changing market throughout the generation, but MS's RRoD issues and their lack of effort after say... 2008 or 09 has seemed to sour me on them. I got rid of Xbox Live and really have never looked back. I have bought like a 3 month card maybe once a year, when I see myself having a bit more time to sit inside and play games, but nothing more than that.

I switched over to the playstation just because it has less issues, I can still play online for free when I want or can (I don't play online too often, but maybe every couple of weeks, I do like to jump online for a night or 2), better exclusives on PSN as the generation wore on, and then I got that PS+ for $17/year for like 2 years when target had that mislabeled ad, so at this point, if Sony just keeps progressing with their system as far as adding features that are demanded by most of their more dedicated gaming crowd this generation as well as can make changes to firmware and services based on demand for them, I will be a happy camper with the PS4. I will admit that the Playstation 3 in the first 1-2 years of its life kind of was a expensive dud, but they really turned it around (except for requiring now all HD streams of Blu-rays to only play through HDMI). Plus MS is going down the crazy path with no used games and always online which neither do I want. I buy most of my games new (probably at least 80%), but it is nice to have the option open, plus I do bring games over to friends and such to play with them.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Or... you could be the one who makes the move and forces everyone of your friends onto PS4.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why Microsoft doesn't need to put any effort into the XboxInfinite720p-box.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have a PS3 already.

No Caption Provided

Alright. Well I talked with my friend, and it looks like I'm still getting an Xbox ∞ then. I think I'ma get that $300 subscription version, as that one comes with XBL already. They have a 360 model for $100, and a price plan now. I mean if I'm right, the PS4 is still gonna cost more than the X∞ anyway. If the non-subscription version X∞ costs $500, then a PS4 would cost like $550, 600 to 650 up. At $300, I can still get a $70 2 year warranty, and a couple of games like I wanted. [Well, maybe. I mean the subscription version might have to come from a Microsoft Store, rather than Best Buy.]

As long as a couple of my friends get on Xbox ∞, I should be fine. I have one friend that just likes CoD, and I doubt he would convert to PS4 just cuz. He doesn't do indie games, but he would maybe get on some next-gen co-op Castle Crasher stuff, or whatever they do. I could probably get him on Battlefield again, and I might get a CoD this year or next, this time around. Maybe it'll actually be worth buying. I'm just glad we're on next-gen now with 8GB RAM to play with.

I have maybe two friends who would maybe play Dragon Age III multi-player with me. I just need to convert G1 to spending like a solid $500, but whatevs if she won't. She'll get on whenever. She likes Xbox. G2 will buy an Xbox, fucking whenever. She could barely understand the controller dead-zone that is Borderlands 2, now.

No Caption Provided

Its like: If I got a PS4, I won't get people to game Killzone with me. They won't buy it, but maybe I could get some people on Halo, though. I sure hope Black Tusk Studios showcases something good at E3 this year. And shit. I actually wanna buy a Dance Central 4 at some point and lose some weight. Fuck it! Kill me, it seems alright. [I have maybe two friends I could Dance Central with. Maybe it might actually get some proper multiplayer this time. Leaderboards might get upgraded, or whatever. Proper Kinect 2.0 detection]

Yea, shit. Wait until E3. But at least I'll be happy knowing I'll be okay playing with friends no matter what I do. None of my friends are gonna build a gaming PC. Maybe like one. But its not like everyone I know is just gonna get on WoW or TF2. That's just not what they do, and I don't care to get on that just for a PC.

See for me I just don't care about multiplayer. I just stopped caring outside of a few specific games. So for me it is all about amount and quality of games which if trends continue PS4 is going to be for me and not the 360. Also the value of Xboxlive is god damn awful

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@officegamer: Yea, I am sorta trying to convince myself. But its kinda about price and friends with me.

Like, that guy I know I'll think of as B1, the CoD guy. B1 likes Halo, and maybe I could get him on Destiny. But Killzone is always gonna be Killzone, even if PS4 had 16GB RAM. It'd just be a game where only I would buy and the multiplayer fanbase is only gonna last so long, months after the release date.

I have a PS3 now, and that's what happened with Resistance 3. Halo thrives because of Forge mode, and survives because of everything else. I'm never gonna convince ANYone on Killzone. No one. I managed to convert people on Battlefield, barely. And at the end of the day, I just wanna C4 tanks with friends. Not try and justify lone wolf multiplayer like I do now.

Hella people still play Killzone 3 I am one of them

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why Microsoft doesn't need to put any effort into the XboxInfinite720p-box.

I'm sure they will put a lot of effort into finding new ways to take your money without providing any new meaningful services. Expect more ads, more prominent movie/music on demand stores, the slow but certain rise of the gold xbox live fee and many more useless expensive junk only buisnessmen could conceive.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, that's not going to be a problem.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The days of playing xbox with friends are long gone for me.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By TheHT

@oraknabo: These are all perfectly valid questions.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By natedawg_kz

Ok have fun playing the same old multiplayer games with your friends while everyone has awesome single player experiences on the PlayStation and PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.