Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

I'm going to the Xbox E3 Briefing, help me register!

ChaosTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I won a Twitter thing and got a ticket to the Xbox E3 Briefing; It's only about 11 hours away, and with it being the "Xbox One" E3, I am definitely going.

The problem is that I'm a newly unemployed Veteran, and part of the registration is to put a job title/employer (I'm assuming this will be on my registration badge). I don't feel comfortable putting my service branch on it when I'm no longer enlisted, and I would feel like a real idiot putting "Unemployed". Help me come up with something that they'd accept, that would work.

>_> Or someone hire me for no pay, let me put your org down, and I'll be your official Xbox E3 rep <_<

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@chaostony:

Hmmm, do you know how strict they are about this stuff? Would it be possible to get in with a faked employer?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Aren't you an admiral though?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

Ex-CEO of *where you used to work*
    or "Winner of Ticket from Twitter-thing"

I don't know :P

Actually shouldn't the people you won that ticket from be able to help you with that kind of stuff?
    Couldn't you just have their company listed as your job?

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JBird

Dude I guess if you're in-between jobs, you're in-between jobs. There is no shame in being unemployed as long as you are looking for jobs! Can you leave it blank? You could always put "Competition Winner" but that will make you look a bit weird. If you are wanting to continue the line of work you were in previously I'd put the old job title. The purpose of the "job title/employer" is so people can identify quickly what you do, so in that regard it makes sense to put your previous title.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You shouldn't go. It's a trap.

ChaosTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChaosTony
    @jbird said:

Dude I guess if your in-between jobs, your in-between jobs. There is no shame in being unemployed as long as you are looking for jobs! Can you leave it blank? You could always put "Competition Winner" but that will make you look a bit weird. If you are wanting to continue the line of work you were in previously I'd put the old job title. The purpose of the "job title/employer" is so people can identify quickly what you do, so in that regard it makes sense to put your previous title.

Yeah, I was thinking of putting my old title of IT Analyst, but then I didn't know who to put for employer. By default it puts "Consumer", which seems like a really weird thing to put there. Also, people were not lying when they said this job market is tough!

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By I_smell

There's so many people, and everyone's moving so fast at this thing, that nobody's ever gonna check.

On the off-chance that someone does: put CEO!

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By gunslingerNZ

@chaostony: If you want something they can't check into just put consultant or freelance writer or any other job which involves working independently from a formal company. My pick would be PR consultant, people won't look twice at that.

ChaosTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just put myself down as "Analyst" and company was "Independent".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.