Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

IllumiRoom Could Make Me Want a Microsoft Console [VIDEO]

• 54 results
    Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Stimpack

I don't mean to shit all over anyone's parade or anything, but it really looks like another lame novelty to me. Maybe it's because I live in a cramped house and would have no real room to see this thing in all its intended glory. Maybe it's because I'm just used to Microsoft pumping out sub-par garbage peripherals. Is this thing going to have any real impact on the gameplay? Also why would you believe that this would work well after seeing the Kinect performance and the lackluster Smartglass stuff?

Anyway, again, not trying to be a downer here.

Give me the Oculus Rift.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By John1912

I wasnt impressed with the non FPS stuff though I could kinda see the potential. The FPS stuff however was actually VERY cool with the extended view, and bare bones extended view of the buildings. Could be REALLY interesting. If nothing else it great for mood and atmosphere. Could do some really great things with horror games. I can see this actually being really big.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By polydeukes

The concept doesn't make any sense unless the TV is removed and the user is in a big enough, completely empty room. It just seems very, very jarring to me otherwise.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By guanophobic

I see a couple of issues with this. The first being the main reason why i opted for a tv, replacing my HD projector:

It demanded me to constantly worry about how light the room itself was, inorder for me to make out anything at all. My apartment's very light, and I've got a SO not very keen on having the drapes covering our windows constantly. Having a Backlit TV fixed this.

Secondly, the TV is a plasma. Meaning the screen is made of glass, which is very reflective. I kinda don't want my screen to be glared up..

Anyways, seeing how extremely immersive this could be, I'm optimistic!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.