Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

[Infographic] Gamers' first impression of the Xbox One

Rigest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rigest

Made this infographic to show what the first response was on the big reveal this week.

No Caption Provided

High res link

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The Xbox One is the worst thing to happen to gaming and now we have facts to prove that. Thanks!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How many humans did take part of this calculation scheme?

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By caska

Well this seems kinda stupid... I'm hoping most 'core' gamers would have understood not to make a judgement until 'our' reveal, ie E3 (hopefully)...

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@caska said:

Well this seems kinda stupid... I'm hoping most 'core' gamers would have understood not to make a judgement until 'our' reveal, ie E3 (hopefully)...

There is no "our" reveal. If Microsoft is treating the system like it has two segregated fan bases, they have already fucked up pretty bad.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@president_barackbar: for me at least, living in Australia, they've already done that. Most of what they mentioned in that meeting is completely irrelevant to me due to archaic geoblocking. So I'm essentially holding on to the little bit of hope which is telling me that the games will still be great and they'll at least get a mention at E3.

Also I was trying to imply with quotations that the 'core' gamers is a stupid concept and that people who are actually into games know that Microsoft has a bigger stage set for us at E3.

I'm not sure if I actually clarified anything in this post. I'll probably end up getting both consoles but what I'm getting at is people like me at least who love games should know better than to judge a system based only half the information (which is why again, the infographic seems kinda stupid).

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By casper_

It seems like the mainstream media is really positive about this thing so maybe we've got it all wrong or are now an irrelevant minority

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
    BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just two questions: Where did these figures come from? and Was this post made to promote the site and/or contest on the bottom of the graph?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:
    No Caption Provided

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! TURN THE VIDEO QUALITY BACK UP! TURN THE VIDEO QUALITY BACK UP!

Rigest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just two questions: Where did these figures come from? and Was this post made to promote the site and/or contest on the bottom of the graph?

I made it. Well it serves two purposes, to inform gamers and to promote the contest.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rigest said:

@bombcastgoldthwait said:

@bombcastgoldthwait said:

I made it. Well it serves two purposes, to inform gamers and to promote the contest.

That does not answer any questions.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this tells me is there's way too many gamers who forgot what E3 is.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#14  Edited By audioBusting

"Gamers", huh?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

"Gamers", huh?

Yeah, and it turns out that they want to know more about games.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
    BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rigest: Are you saying you made the figures up?

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess if they showed a video of an old man head or tech demos people would of been happier? Such a catch 22. If MS did a 2 hour non televised event that was like sonys event the loud minority would've been just as pissed. What if they were the ones to bring out Diablo 3? all you would hear is "all they show is a game that will be a year old by time the console launches?" or if they did all that tech demo shit? They were just doing a hardware revil...Showing the NEW capabilities of the kinect and the actual device. Jesus imagine if the did not show the device too?The hypocrisy is nuts.

They televised an event and showed shit that might capture a larger audiences interests. TV,Video,and sports. Why is that such a shocker? Try to get more people you can get under your tent. Since they know they will not be converting the people who were never going to get there hardware. Why cater to a smaller segment?

We get it, you are getting a ps4 or are a PC gamer. We get it, we get it. The used game thing is silly too. I guarantee PS4 will follow suit. If what has been said is true. Why would a publisher be as likely to dedicate as much money or time to a game that is not going to get them extra cash from a used game 'licensing fee' (when one does and the other does not, what port do you think they would be more likely spend more time and energy on?). Acting as if Sony is some altruistic company, breaking their back to hold up indie devs, and don't care about making cash is dumb. All this anti talk about stuff that is not set in stone is pointless. Half the shit people are getting mad about is half speculation.

You would think that all these fanbois would want every system to do well, to create competition for our dollars. But it seems all they want is some weird us vs them thing. The thing I don't see anyone pointing out is ps4 is going to be connected to all this other junk (FB,Twitter,twitch etc.), yet no one has mentioned how well they handled a security breach on psn, and you feel that they will handle your data with more care?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.