Is Anyone Else Going To Boycott Xbox One?

#1 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (3 posts) -

Well at least until MS (hopefully) backs off having fees for using used/your friend's games and that extremely confusing "not always on but once a day internet connectivity" feature.

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

Why no poll?

No, I'm not going to boycott.

#3 Edited by Ben_H (3342 posts) -

No. And most people who claim they are going to boycott it will end up buying it anyway.

#4 Edited by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

Yeah, you go and boycott it.

Stick it to the man.

#5 Posted by Spankmealotus (283 posts) -

I wouldn't call it a boycott. I don't plan on buying one though. I barely ever use my 360 as it is, and only things I don't like have been added to the new xbox. Other than better graphics and faster loading of course.

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

#7 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@ben_h said:

No. And most people who claim they are going to boycott it will end up buying it anyway.

yep

#8 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Nope. Can I also congratulate you on an amazing first post, you will get on well here.

#9 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I am already boycotting this product which isn't out yet and will only be available in limited quantities for a while after launch because I enjoy pointless gestures.

#10 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I'm boycotting tampons, because im a man and don't need them. TAKE THAT TAMPON COMPANIES!

#11 Posted by Solidfox (60 posts) -
#12 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

@rebgav said:

I am already boycotting this product which isn't out yet and will only be available in limited quantities for a while after launch because I enjoy pointless gestures.

HIGH FIVE BUDDY ME TOO

#13 Edited by bobafettjm (1457 posts) -

I will wait until after E3 to decide when I am buying, but I know I will be getting it at some point down the line. E3 will just help me decide which one I am buying at or around launch.

#14 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

quite.

Though I do enjoy it when people boycott things that they can't even buy, way to send a message.

#15 Posted by Stonyman65 (2673 posts) -
#16 Posted by Ben_H (3342 posts) -

That's the BEST!

That is what I had in mind when I made my post above actually.

#17 Edited by EXTomar (4687 posts) -

Why bother? If one doesn't want to buy something, that is nothing special.

#18 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1633 posts) -

I'm gonna create a petition to the white house to prevent Microsoft from releasing such a product! That will show them!

#19 Posted by Sergio (2080 posts) -

No. I currently don't plan to buy one at launch, but that's not a boycott.

#20 Posted by Lumley (951 posts) -

Pah, nope. I got the Xbox Original and Xbox 360 within 4 months of release and will probably do the same with the Xbox One

#21 Posted by Hailinel (24408 posts) -

It's not a boycott if I just don't buy one.

#22 Posted by EpicSteve (6483 posts) -

Just because of people being dumb, I'm going to buy three Xbox Ones.

#23 Edited by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

No, i'll not boycott because of any design decision, i'm just not buying because it is crap.

#24 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

I wasn't going to get on anyways.

#25 Posted by MEATBALL (3194 posts) -

I won't be "boycotting", but if things go the way they look to be going I won't buy one. I have no delusions about making a statement, I simply have no interest in owning a console that I don't get to actually own games for.

#27 Posted by Reisz (1483 posts) -

I'm not planning on buying one but I have no agenda attached to it,

#28 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

Who decides to open an account in a website they have never been before (probably) with that username and then post a thread about boycotting a new console? Who does that?

#29 Edited by FlipperDesert (2083 posts) -

If you really wanted to mess with them you should just save a bunch of money and keep buying Xbox Ones at launch but no software; they sell for less then they cost to make, after all.

#30 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

Oh boy! A boycott! Where do I sign up?

#31 Posted by TheMasterDS (2051 posts) -

If they remove that tidbit then you still have to switch discs. Not having to switch discs is much more important than slightly cheaper games from illegitimate sources.

#32 Edited by SlashDance (1814 posts) -

I'll get one eventually because I want to play dem hawt exclusives

#33 Edited by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

Oh boy misplaced internet outrage how original!

#34 Posted by MEATBALL (3194 posts) -

I should also mention that I want to be able to play offline for an extended period of time on whatever whim without having to check in with big brother regularly. Basically the Xbone has some stuff going against it right now that would be a deal breaker for me if these things are implemented.

But boycott? Don't be silly.

#35 Posted by oldenglishC (945 posts) -

I will be boycotting every new system until they have games I want to play. I will also continue boycotting bananas because of their mushy texture and vaguely dick-like shape.

#36 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Boycott... mm not really

I just won't buy they stupid thing.. all this years internet evolution has made me think I don't need cable anymore, now XBOX is trying to sell me into cable. FUCKING NO.

also I don't even live in the US, so most of the "fancy" features are meaningless to me.

#37 Posted by ModernAlkemie (363 posts) -

I don't "boycott" products based on the pricing structure a company adopts. Pricing structure simply informs my purchasing decisions in so much as it affects the value of the purchase. I feel the same way about always online, DRM, and legacy support issues because these all possibly devalue the product by limiting my accessibility.

I reserve boycotts, which I delineate to mean not purchasing from a specific company until a specific policy is modified, to companies with policies that I disagree with from a moral standpoint. From what I've seen so far, the most serious moralistic consequence of this policy is the possible penalty incurred by not-for-profit organizations receiving second-hand video games as donations. However, I would like to believe this could be an easily solvable problem with special licensing solutions for these organizations.

#38 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I will also continue boycotting bananas because of their mushy texture and vaguely dick-like shape.

I am boycotting penises for similar reasons.

#39 Edited by Benny (1951 posts) -

Your username is a great rap name.

#40 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Not at all.

#41 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

I'm not going to buy it, but I'm not going to boycott it. I just don't need more than one console and one is clearly better for me.

#42 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

i like the idea of being able to install the games to my HD and not need a disk to play.

but that is clearly open to abuse. (ie lending my game to all my friends so they can install it too... for free)

on balance.. my friends can buy there own dam games

#43 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

If by boycott you mean continue to have no plans on buying one... sure! I'm in. Continuing mission!

Anyone else want to join me in boycotting heroin?

#44 Posted by Nephrahim (1132 posts) -

If by boycott you mean continue to have no plans on buying one... sure! I'm in. Continuing mission!

Anyone else want to join me in boycotting heroin?

This... I don't think of myself as being such a staunch Xbox customer that I think not buying their new system would constitute a boycott.

#45 Posted by BeachThunder (11836 posts) -

I am either not buying an Xbox One because I am boycotting it or because I don't give a shit. I will let you decide the answer...

#46 Posted by CaLe (3959 posts) -

I only boycott drugs and alcohol.

#47 Edited by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Boycott? Lol no, but I don't think I'll buy one either.

#48 Edited by bslayer (222 posts) -

No. I will probably get both consoles. Even if I hated this new xbox, I just don't think boycotting it would be worth the effort.

#49 Edited by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (3 posts) -

@rebgav said:

And pointless gestures would include your post in my thread. You're really good at this.

#50 Posted by ThePickle (4168 posts) -

I'm boycotting cots.

But I probably won't buy one until a few years after release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.