Is anyone else having crazy-long installs off discs?

#1 Posted by wemibelec90 (1806 posts) -

The only game I've bought for my X1 at this point is Dead Rising 3, which I picked up on disc. I picked up the game not long after getting up, put it in to install, and waited for it to finish. It took nearly until the time I went to sleep, some 14 hours later, to go from 0 to 100%. Is this normal or is something REALLY wrong with my Xbox? I've heard that games can try to grab patches when they are installing and factor this into the percentage, but my Internet is plenty fast to pull a relatively small patch (I did this before the massive patch). I really don't know what could have caused this, and it's giving me some alarm as I plan to pick up Titanfall tomorrow. Am I looking at another all-day process?

#3 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

In the case of DR 3 it was probably the 13GB patch that made it take so long.

#4 Posted by wemibelec90 (1806 posts) -

@bd_mr_bubbles: Nope, it couldn't have been. I finished playing it on the 14th and that patch came out on the 20th.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.