Is the Xbox One being marketed yet?

#1 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

So far I've seen quite a few ads for the Playstation 4. There's the Taco Bell contest ads, the actual Playstation 4 ads, and games such as Battlefield mentioning them.

For the One I've only seen the Mountain Dew Gamerfuel contest when it comes to advertising. Are there any ads for the One so far? Am I just missing them?

#2 Posted by bigjeffrey (4173 posts) -

Yes dew, ad billboards, NFL ads Xbox.com/facts (which is crazy that they need that)

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5121 posts) -

I just saw a Battlefield 4 commercial during Monday Night Football that says you can get a map pack early on Xbox One or something like that.

#4 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@bigjeffrey

Yes dew, ad billboards, NFL ads Xbox.com/facts (which is crazy that they need that)

I just saw a Battlefield 4 commercial during Monday Night Football that says you can get a map pack early on Xbox One or something like that.

Not watching football really cuts me out of the loop it seems. I'm getting all my ads during wrestling.

#5 Posted by personandstuff (70 posts) -

Definitely. I used to see a lot more X1 commercials than PS4 commercials but Sony has really stepped up their game in the windup to release.

#6 Posted by PandaBear (1264 posts) -

I haven't seen anything outside of a few posters in EB Games in Australia. I think I've seen a few outdoor ads for the PS4 though ... but really, they've both already sold out everywhere so I guess there's no point.

#7 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2052 posts) -

I haven't seen a single X1 ad on TV, but that atrocious Perfect Day ad is running non-stop on the channels I watch.

#8 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

X1 is what they're officially calling it for short now? I didn't even know that. :)

#9 Posted by crithon (2582 posts) -

there's a lot of internet ads for the Xbox one alone just shots of the product I keep seeing loading before videos..... no word of mouth. More people talk about Kingdom Rush then console games.

#10 Edited by Humanity (7998 posts) -

On the flipside I've seen very few ads for the PS4, which is weird considering in a few weeks we will officially launch a brand new generation of console gaming after 8 whole years.

And no, the Wii U did not count.

#11 Posted by Chronox (37 posts) -

Any Australian that watched Bathurst surely couldn't miss the Xbox One advertisments. For starters there was the car they sponsored and most of the ad boards around the track.

#12 Edited by Village_Guy (2410 posts) -

Only seen a few image-ads of the console here on Giant Bomb, not seen a single PS4 ad... wait! There is one of the at the bottom of the page right now that says "Playstation Store - GAME BIG DAY 1 - Pre-Order Now"

#13 Posted by bigjeffrey (4173 posts) -

I bought a PS4 Taco Bell Box today, Sony is winning.

#14 Posted by troll93 (378 posts) -

It is a strange mix from what I have seen. PS4 has been crushing the TV ads while xbox has been pushing hard through online videos and non tv outlets i.e. bathurst car racing, bus ads ect.

#15 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

The X1 has certainly been viral marketed on the net. Even here to some extent. Cheaper than making million dollar ads on tv.

#16 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

I haven't seen any xbox ads yet,

#17 Posted by mattf87 (271 posts) -

In the UK we've been getting loads of ads for the xbox linked with Fifa. It odd they show the XBox One logo but the tag line at the end of the add is a guy saying "Pre-order for XBox now!".

#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

Definitely. I've seen a few ads.

#19 Posted by Veektarius (4162 posts) -

I can only think of advertising via Battlefield 4. On the other hand, I really can only think of PS4 ads that are affiliated with Taco Bell. The only TV I watch is football, by the way.

#20 Edited by EXTomar (4129 posts) -

I see a big uptick in XBox 360 ads along with a smattering of XBox One ads. In fact you have to pay attention to see which one it is an ad on.

#21 Posted by AlexW00d (6065 posts) -

I don't really watch TV, but I haven't seen adverts for either. I have seen adverts for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

#22 Edited by Sinusoidal (1156 posts) -

Some forum members around here seem suspiciously like marketing for the Xbox One.

#23 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@sinusoidal said:

Some forum members around here seem suspiciously like marketing for the Xbox One.

See the Ryse threads with a million .gifs and tables full of stats and facts. I know of a few users who probably are.

They're easily to spot since they outright refuse to use the nickname 'Xbone'.(MS really hates that term and specifically asks the viral market companies to avoid using it)

#24 Posted by mikey87144 (1491 posts) -

I have seen the NFL ad for the X1 but way more ads for the PS4.

#25 Posted by spraynardtatum (2139 posts) -

#26 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

Well, didn't they have their damage contr..I mean, Apology tour in the US?

They don't advertise it here in Finland because we are Tier 2 country.

#27 Edited by mortal_sb (500 posts) -

haven't seen a SINGLE ad for the xbox one here in germany.

#28 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4033 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.