Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Is Zoo Tycoon the true Next Gen title?

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Absolutely no one is talking about Zoo Tycoon, for the Xbox One. Jeff didn't even know it existed before a few weeks ago, when someone on the podcast told him it was an xbox launch title.

That doesn't bode well, except for the fact that the Zoo Tycoon series is one of the best selling titles of the recent era. A WalMart staple, alongside Roller Coaster Tycoon, the game was on the shelves for years and years and people spoke highly of it.

Zoo Tycoon for the xbox One is one of the only titles I've read about that actually seems to USE the next gen features of this console generation.

For instance, the game uses the Xbox Cloud, supposedly, to allow up to 4 people to collectively create one park together online. No matter how dumb the game is, I feel like my brother and I would have a blast with that feature alone.

Apparently the game uses the Kinect to allow the animals in the game to recognize the player. That sounds pretty interesting. I guess it will also allow you to interact with them in a Nintendogs kind of way. I hate that kind of stuff, but my niece would be over the moon for it.

In the end, I feel like it definitely sounds more interesting than something like Ryse.

Is anyone planning to get it?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No joke Zoo tycoon looks awesome

but i'll probably end up getting it once it goes on sale on LIVE.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks good? I'll have to go dig up some footage and check it out then. I didn't have much faith in a new one after Zoo Tycoon 2.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I would honestly get it once it goes on sale yea. I skipped out for most all the Tycoon type of games.

I think it'd be pretty cool though if they released like an aquariam app, or something, that you could just leave running in the background, or on your phone. Sell it for a dollar, and its basically just Clicking Bad, but with fish. Million seller.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me when they finally release DinoPark Tycoon 2.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I hate zoos and would never support a game that glorifies them!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It actually looks quite decent. I love the whole view system they have going on - zoo mout to get the classic, Tycoon overhead camera, or jump right into your Zoo and walk around like you own the place.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Doesn't look too bad. I wouldn't count on it blowing any doors away but perhaps a decent sleeper hit.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Funny how they sent out a PC developer out to die by making this an XB1 launch title.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Only if you can cause terror on the streets by releasing the animals on the city.

NeptunePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NeptunePirate

It looks interesting, but I'll wait for a good sale or a demo before I make a choice. I'm hoping they didn't nerf the park building side of it. Most of the videos I have seen show a lot of walking around, interacting with the animals and very little park management.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if you can cause terror on the streets by releasing the animals on the city.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Call me when they finally release DinoPark Tycoon 2.

Or the dinosaur expansion for Zoo Tycoon. And the aquarium one. I'd be genuinely excited then.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By csl316

Well, it's no Funky Barn.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to wonder how many of you people have seen it being played. It looks incredibly simplified from previous entries. From what I can tell, you can't really even create custom exhibits and habitats, it's all done for you and you have a couple of preset spots in each enclosure (all of which seem miniscule) to put what would have been "enrichment" items in previous games.

I was super stoked when it was announced, but I saw some footage with some producer talking it up and it looked like it had little to nothing of what made the original so fantastic. The walking around stuff was neat, but barely enhanced from when it was in Zoo Tycoon 2.

Hopefully I'm wrong and somewhere in there is the old school Zoo Tycoon game I'd love to see in pretty next gen-ish graphics, but I have severe doubts that this game has anything worth being interested in beyond it's name.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Andorski

Rollercoaster Tycoon = Best Tycoon. Someone needs to get on that series again.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Wow. Watching the demo, that's actually really awesome! I was expecting this to be kind of a janky-but-cool thing, but they really put some thought into making a really intriguing game.

The level at which they seem to use the Xbox One feature set is also nice.

Here's to hoping that game comes out and wrecks shop.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski said:

Rollercoaster Tycoon = Best Tycoon. Someone needs to get on that series again.

Of definitely. Rollercoaster Tycoon, the original, is one of the best games of al time.

It's also 1 of 2 games in my life I downloaded the demo, played for about 15 minutes, and then immediately got into the car to go buy the full version.

The other was the original Heroes of Might and Magic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.