Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Keep my xbox?

swat200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So whats the point in owning one of these if you have a beefy PC? I was just holding onto mine to play gears and the other exclusives, but apparently they are all coming to PC.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't know how well those exclusives will work on pc. KI was pretty damn good, but (I will admit from heresay and not personal experience) gears of war and quantum break were pretty rough. i don't think it's a given just yet.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Bollard

@swat200: I'm in the same place... Looks like my speculative purchase for Halo 5 and "future exclusives" has completely fallen through. I guess there's cross play?

The only redeeming factor I can see right now is I can avoid having to install Windows 10 if I keep the Xbox...

swat200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Fair enough, but so far I quite enjoy windows 10. You just gotta know how to turn off all the monitoring stuff. After that it runs great and is pretty much windows 7.

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By laxbro19

@swat200: If you like your PC and the games you have are coming to where you like to play then you may not need your xbox anymore. One reason you may want to hold onto it is if cross play between Xbox and PC isn't ubiquitous. If that feature doesn't get much traction and you still have friends you want to play wiht on Xbox, then it would be worth it to still have it around. But if you're more of a solitary kind of person and doesn't have a large friendbase on Xbox, then you'll be just as fine not having one. It would be a good thing to have around as contingency, but if you really can't stand the sight of it or think you can move it and invest it back into your games library or a particular component for your PC, then go for it.

bhizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@swat200 I'm always hesitant to get rid of a console for the "what if?" factor. Unless you're really offended by an unused console sitting around or could use the cash, I'd suggest hanging on to it. I wouldn't suggest someone buy an Xbox One now if they have a solid PC, but since you already own it...

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

don't know how well those exclusives will work on pc. KI was pretty damn good, but (I will admit from heresay and not personal experience) gears of war and quantum break were pretty rough. i don't think it's a given just yet.

Gears of War remaster was but Gears of War for GFW Live was great.

Also the cross-buy feature is only if you order off the Xbox store which I find incredibly bullshit. I like owning physical copies of games still and wish they had codes for both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.