Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Killer Instinct match gameplay at EVO

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Didn't get to see a lot of EVO this weekend with life happening, but did see about half an hour of KI matches going on today. Looked like they were limiting it to 3 characters, and some of the repetitive voice dialogue during matches was grating after awhile, but overall, it looked pretty cool. I'm not much of a fighting game guy, but I like button mashing against the CPU from time to time. Hopefully KI will turn out pretty well, seems like they're on the right track at least. Hopefully they drop a non F2P version for a set price with all the characters, I think doling out character packs only fragments the player base in the worst possible way.

The feed was at http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1. Hopefully once EVO is over, they'll put up the footage in the backlog for people to watch, but I dunno how they handle stuff like EVO.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I would really love to see this! I wonder what the fighting community at EVO thinks of what they've shown so far?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@xyzygy said:

I would really love to see this! I wonder what the fighting community at EVO thinks of what they've shown so far?

They got booed as they introduced the game...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@xyzygy said:

Really? I wonder what the people who have actually played it think though.

EDIT: Oh, just finding out now that it was a demo. I don't think anyone got the chance to play it besides some developers or something.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@xyzygy said:

The corwd did not really like it and twitter and co wasnt impressed either. Too much life or too less damage, everything is a combo breaker and the voice for that was just annoying and holy shit too many particles. You sometimes do not even know what was going on.

Instead of watching 3 boring matches the crowd shouted rather Marvel. It will be not a fighting game fan favorite thats for sure.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@xyzygy said:

The corwd did not really like it and twitter and co wasnt impressed either. Too much life or too less damage, everything is a combo breaker and the voice for that was just annoying and holy shit too many particles. You sometimes do not even know what was going on.

Instead of watching 3 boring matches the crowd shouted rather Marvel. It will be not a fighting game fan favorite thats for sure.

Well I do know that one of the three people they invited up said it played fairly well on twitter, but since I forgot his name and the footage isn't uploaded yet I cant give you a source..

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xyzygy said:

As soon as Xbox ONE exclusive was mentioned, BOOOOES ensued.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@xyzygy said:

Yeah I read up about it and it really didn't seem fair. They seemed to be booing the Xbox One more than KI which is just stupid.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright. I think the game has potential. It was basically an on-stage demo though. Just those basic characters and not a full roster. Seems like it could be cool though.

And yes, people booed, but only after they mentioned that it was a Xbox One exclusive about ten times and how they're proud of their partnership with Microsoft. People clapped and cheered at times for the actual developers and the gameplay. Wasn't a big reception, but they certainly weren't booing the game.

Also, they showed a new trailer teasing Chief Thunder returning to the game.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Hopefully they drop a non F2P version for a set price with all the characters, I think doling out character packs only fragments the player base in the worst possible way.

They are. They've must have had some pretty terrible messaging on this part because I keep seeing people pop up that don't know about it.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@xyzygy said:

@bigjeffrey said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@xyzygy said:

Yeah I read up about it and it really didn't seem fair. They seemed to be booing the Xbox One more than KI which is just stupid.

Ha! Double Helix's forums has a "got booed" thread.. Ahh..... Jeez.

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/community/forums/topic/killer-instinct-demostration-boo/

The game looks so good. I like that every character they reveal, I'm liking, and is balanced.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the short trailer at least:

Loading Video...

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely interested in seeing how it turns out. Have fond memories of playing KI when I was younger. It's free to play, how can people complain? You can try it for free and see if you like it or not.

Yeah, it was no SF or MK but it doesn't have to be. As long it's fun, I don't really care about the fighting game experts and their analysis. The way they think about fighting games is so far removed from the average person. It's far too technical and really doesn't apply to anyone except the super hardcore. Luckily in this case, that's not me.

As long as it allows for some degree of skillful play, I'm fine with it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@syed117 said:

As long it's fun, I don't really care about the fighting game experts and their analysis. The way they think about fighting games is so far removed from the average person. It's far too technical and really doesn't apply to anyone except the super hardcore. Luckily in this case, that's not me.

Yeah, I think I'm more coming around to this kind of attitude. I used to try and play like a pro, thinking in technical terms, using the language, and go for all that but I think it just doesn't work for me - or anyone else I know. I used to have buddies who would at least try fighting games in a casual way, but lately any post-SF4 game they refuse to even try. It's weird when even people who want to play these kinds of games - or at least did in the past - just can't get into them anymore.

So far, from what I've witnessed, I can't tell if this is going to be a good entry-level fighting game for the average bloke yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.