Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Launch Titles dissappointing

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Nothing really exciting, too many sequels, thoughts?

GameDeveloperInfo
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black FlagUbisoftWiki
    Battlefield 4DICEWiki
    Call of Duty: GhostsInfinity WardWiki
    Dead Rising 3CapcomWiki
    FIFA 14EA SportsWiki
    Forza Motorsport 5Turn 10Wiki
    Just Dance 2014UbisoftWiki
    LEGO Marvel Super HeroesTT GamesWiki
    LocoCycleTwisted PixelWiki
    Madden NFL 25EA SportsWiki
    NBA 2K14Visual ConceptsWiki
    NBA Live 14EA SportsWiki
    Killer InstinctDouble HelixWiki
    Ryse: Son of RomeCrytekWiki
    Skylanders: Swap ForceVicarious VisionsWiki
    Watch DogsUbisoft MontrealWiki
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Nah, its fine.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

This just in: Most launch line ups aren't super amazing.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I agree. The Wii U line up looks way better this fall. You should buy a Wii U.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

better then the Wii U...

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Hey man. You watch your mouth.. Next year!. Super Smash.. So, this Fall, next year.. Super Smash will be pretty great next year this Fall..

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Quick question: Is this the Official Launch Lineup?

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By leftie68

Both Launch Line-ups are hooo hum. Dead Rising 3 looks like a snoozer, Knack....meh. In fact the only officially annouced games I am salavating for on the next Gen are Infamous 3 and Destiny.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both nextgen console's don't really have any really interesting pure exclusives at launch. I want my inFamous fix.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jimmyfenix

@falserelic: @blu3v3nom07: Hey guys..Did you know Luigi will be playable in super smash....oh and we have exclusive Mario and Luigi costumes for rayman legends! sorry for the delay..

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Hey man. You watch your mouth.. Next year!. Super Smash.. So, this Fall, next year.. Super Smash will be pretty great next year this Fall..

Yep, more super smash bros and more disappointments can't wait. I'm bout to party like a rockstar now.

Loading Video...

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The launch line up is fine but even if it isn't welcome to buying a console at launch. It isn't worth it. Just wait a year and you'll get it for cheaper with better games.

(Says all that as he desperately refreshes playstation blog hoping they'll announce the console release date).

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Yep, more super smash bros and more disappointments can't wait. I'm bout to party like a rockstar now.

Wii U smells like desperation and fritos.. Sounds like its all shitty vodka and kool-aid "shitty birthday drinks" for me when I finally get Super Smash in my hands. Cuz Mugen fucked that franchise for me in high-school, so eh.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I have a friend who's trying to decide on a console before they're out, and I just say to him, man, what game do you even want that's coming out at launch? He doesn't have an answer, either.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Syed117

I think it's fine. Maybe a little weaker for PS4 but I think that depends on whether you like shooters or racing games in terms of exclusives. Forza and Killzone seem to be the heavy hitters. Killzone will be bigger simply because its a shooter but the racing crowd should be happy as well. Project spark could be cool, but not completely sold on it yet.

I think it's ryse and knack will sell simply because they are launch titles. Ryse looked worse, but knack doesn't exactly look incredible either. Both seem like titles that will be remembered only because they were available on day one.

Third party support is good. Not a lot of original titles, but you still have huge franchises coming to both consoles.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bigjeffrey

If there is no surprise game at gamescom for launch (GIVE ME A FUCKING Launch HALO GAME), i'll probably cancel my Pre Order and just play GTA5 until Quantum Break, TitanFall, Ect... start to come out.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That wouldn't be the first weak launch lineup

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Got to love kool-laid man though..

Loading Video...

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Killer Instinct is fun.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I don't know. Some of those look promising. Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed 4 have potential to be great. AC4 is really at a disadvantage after AC3, but from what I've seen it looks neat. I'm personally excited for Battlefield 4 to play the Multiplayer.

Those three alone are enough for me to be excited for this holiday.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well, what amazing games are the new consoles missing? This goes for the PS4 also because that system doesn't have anything eye popping either. But you see that list, its hitting all the big marks. I love me some Basketball and Forza. And you have AC4, BF4, COD Ghost and Watchdogs. The years biggest games. What is really missing? I think what you see is that they are not next gen exclusive and that makes the launch seem weak but really its not. Better than other launches. They can't all be like the Dreamcast.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Grand Theft Auto V. The only game you need this fall, and you don't even need a new console to play it. YAY!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

The exclusives are pretty weak, but so are the PS4's, and I think with the 3rd party games both systems probably have the best launch line ups in console history.

I really think MIcrosoft should have been able to put more out there considering they haven't had a major release in almost a year now while Sony has been blowing their load on PS3 and even Vita and still has more interesting games on the horizon for the PS4.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By monkeyking1969

The line of of games looks fine, and lest be honest most people will play on of those happily. They covered all the bases, so games at launch are not a problem.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not interested in the 360 launch titles. I want to know the full PS4 launch titles. I know there's Killzone and Warframe and those are the only two I'll have, I hope there's something else too.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Seppli

Just because most of these games aren't exclusives doesn't make them anything less than what they are, damn impressive. And don't believe for a second you'll get an equivalent experience on PS3 and 360. Games like BF4, Watchdogs, Black Flag - they are built with beefy PCs and new gen consoles in mind. These games will be framey as fuck on yesteryear's console generation. Big ambitious games like these haven't been running all too well on consoles since way before 2011 really.

If you intend to get a new gen console anytime in the next 2-3 years - and have the cash handy - you'd be a fool to wait. There won't be a signifcant pricecut anytime soon, and any and every game will play significantly better on it. Sure - if you already own a beefy PC, you can run most these games in a similar or even better quality. Personally, my PC is slightly over 3 years old, built with low-high end parts. It won't run BF4 anywhere near as well as a PS4 will, and I definitely want to play BF4.

For comparison sake - 399$ is about the price of a low high-end current GPU, which would likely be bottlenecked by other areas of my system. Now's the time to upgrade to new generation consoles. I dare you to find a better deal building a PC for 399$ (or even just upgrading an existing one) that'll run these games as well as these boxes are bound to do. It can't be done.

Yes, there won't be many new gen exclusives at launch - however that point's really moot. We are spending our time on GiantBomb, so we are all apt to be *Gaming Enthusiasts*. Why wouldn't we want to buy front row seats? Take part in the console launch, experience it first hand? Do you really want ot be a bystander to gaming history? Really? I know I don't. I'll be there turning on my PS4 with the rest of you. I'll be on the inside, thank you very much.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's actually quite good for a launch lineup, and it only gets better when you count "launch window."
    I feel like we need a thread that shows a side by side comparison of the launch titles between the Xbone and PS4. The PS4 looks a hell of a lot less "for the gamers" when you notice the distinct lack of non-sports games in their launch lineup. They have... Killzone? That's about what sets the PS4 apart at launch. Expand it out to launch window and they don't get much more. Are people really excited for Drive Club? Maybe it'll be amazing, but can it really be better than Forza or well, actually, it probably could be better than GT5 considering how half assed anything outside of driving was in GT5, but I still don't think it will be. All of the "social" features have been in Forza for a while for the most part. Oh boy, car clubs? That's new, totally.

I think if you're not a PC gamer, the lineup for the Xbone is really solid. Hell, I am a PC gamer and I'll be buying anything I can on PC but I'm still excited for the Xbone's first few months.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

It's a fine lineup, I'll get Fifa, Watch Dogs and either Battlefield or CoD at some point. Considering Saints Row and GTA are out super soon (and that I've got a huge backlog) maybe I'll hold off and not get an X1 at launch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
    deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I wouldn't necessarily say it's "disappointing", as there are games from most genres showing up which is always nice. I'm interested in Dead Rising 3 for sure, and if I didn't preorder a PS4 as well I'd be rocking Watchdogs on the X One.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Forza.

does something make the PS4 list more enticing?

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It's pretty solid in terms of exclusives and Watch Dogs looks good. The theme seems to be flawed but fun. At least that's how they look.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 5Figh

i can see at least 6 games i would be interested in buying so its fine by me

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

BF4 is all I need.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Enough KNACK for you?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xyzygy

Almost every single launch has few games. This is actually one of the better ones I've seen. I'm actually quite impressed. Forza, Killer Instinct, AC4, Dead Rising, Watch Dogs, and Ryse all look pretty sweet. I don't remember a launch where I actually wanted 6 games.

zeo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead rising 3 seems like a pretty solid launch title if you want to talk about exclusives, hope they fix the frame rate by the time it launches (listen to post e3 bombcast)

UpsideDownAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought there would be more launch titles, but I guess a lot of the stuff for both systems is coming in 2014, understandably.

However, I'm pretty pumped about Battlefield 4. Seeing as I don't have a proper gaming PC, finally being able to play 64 v 64 player Battlefield will be awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think both the PS4 and One both have a solid launch lineup. Compare it to say, Wii U, 360, and PS3 and it's hard to be disappointed.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, this launch line up looks way better than the launch line up we had in the previous gen. At the very least, we're getting some pretty solid or good games for sure at launch. Sure most of them are sequels, but that's pretty much just a consequence of most of us being already playing a lot of said games and their previous installments so the feeling of it being "recycled" would just pop up but compared to what we had in previous gens, the quality of games we have now is a lot better. The only difference is that we are more discerning about the kinds of games or experiences that we prefer to have than in any other time as we are getting older and have already played a lot games at this point.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DonMFJohnson

I'm going to buy multi-platform games for PC, because it's way cheaper. If there are interesting and excellent exclusives, then I might consider buying PS4 / XONE. Not looking like that at the moment.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm excited to play Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs on next gen consoles. Forza 5 will be great if you are a racing fan. I also have to play Dead Rising 3. Sure it's changing some things up but the series needs a little shaking up. I'm definitely willing to give them a chance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.