Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

looking forward to plugging your PS4/PC into your XBOX ONE?

mrGREEK360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrGREEK360

As the Cable Set Top Box feature wont be available at launch in Canada, I was DISIPOINTED untill I saw you can hook up your PC/PS4/XBOX 360 to your XBOX ONE with the "Snap Feature". I for one will be hooking my PS4 or my Gaming PC wich is hooked up to my 60" 3D HDTV, as long as the visual quality doesn't degrade and no latency issues using the PS4 Controller or the PC 360 Controller. Why would one want to do this? If you have limited HDMI Ports on your TV or if your tv just is bloody slow switching input like my SHARP Quattron then this feature will allow seamless switching between a single HDMI source like the PC, PS4, XBOX 360 or any HDMI Source. How about being able to record PS4 gameplay by feeding the PS4 Signal too the XBOX ONE and record with its HDMI out with a DVR as XBOX ONE wont have HDCP for games and SNAP WINDOW MODE at launch, making the XBOX ONE a HDMI HDCP STRIPPER, LOL. Hope this works as IV read on sites.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Slaegar

Its kind of a neat feature for saving a single HDMI port, but that's about it. PS4 has been confirmed to not have HDCP during games. You may also want to work on your formatting.

That wasn't very much fun to read.

edit: Oh it was on a phone. Okay that makes sense. Sorry.

mrGREEK360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@slaegar: Yeah typing on a iphone really sucks. As for the PS4 not having HDCP for games this feature will not be available at the launch of the PS4 with no date given, and for people like me who have a youtube channel need a workaround and this works at launch. :).

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By chiablo

Why stop there?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have more than 4 devices hooked to your TV that has 4 ports you might want to consider what you are doing wrong because you have multiple devices piled up in a tiny space with a couple of power strips hanging off of it. This can be an issue but most "typical homes" don't have that many devices. Or if they do they deal with it by unplugging something.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@extomar said:

If you have more than 4 devices hooked to your TV that has 4 ports you might want to consider what you are doing wrong because you have multiple devices piled up in a tiny space with a couple of power strips hanging off of it. This can be an issue but most "typical homes" don't have that many devices. Or if they do they deal with it by unplugging something.

I'm not planning on getting an Xbox One for at least a year, maybe two, but I have more than 4 devices hooked up to my TV with 4 ports. I would agree that I'm not typical since I have an HTPC as one of those devices and use an HDMI splitter for my 360 and PS3. My devices aren't piled up, but I do need to redo my cabling to make it easier to unplug some things if needed.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't really see the point, maybe if you're totally desperate for HDMI ports and somehow haven't heard of switches or receivers then yeah?

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo: Why stop even there man keep going.

Armoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As the Cable Set Top Box feature wont be available at launch in Canada...

Can you point to a link where that's official? I looked around and couldn't find anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.