MS gave me Killer Instinct for free. Check your email.

• 112 results
#101 Posted by Wolfgame (878 posts) -

@ninnanuam: @krullban:

I have a reasonable point of view concerning these giveaways, we can speak to the theoretical self masturbatory sense of satisfaction that you feel entitled to another day. I stand by my previous statement that the users such as myself that have maintained gold status from Day 1 with no lapses at least deserve an answer on why we seemingly miss every promotion that is intended for those of us who meet that status. I have in no way said that those who received the free game are not entitled to it. So maybe it’s time to recognize that I can hold a view based on my status with xbox live and we don't have to assault me with a barrage of swearing, I don't deserve it. If there is room for intelligent discourse I am all ears.

#102 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@wolfgame said:

@ninnanuam: @krullban:

I have a reasonable point of view concerning these giveaways, we can speak to the theoretical self masturbatory sense of satisfaction that you feel entitled to another day. I stand by my previous statement that the users such as myself that have maintained gold status from Day 1 with no lapses at least deserve an answer on why we seemingly miss every promotion that is intended for those of us who meet that status. I have in no way said that those who received the free game are not entitled to it. So maybe it’s time to recognize that I can hold a view based on my status with xbox live and we don't have to assault me with a barrage of swearing, I don't deserve it. If there is room for intelligent discourse I am all ears.

Here is the thing. There are millions of people just like you who have always had a subscription. Microsoft is NOT going to give a free game to millions of people. They are going to randomly choose within that group of people a specific amount. They don't owe you anything as to why they didn't give you a free game. It's a free game they gave to a finite amount of people. Crying because you consider yourself loyal but they didn't give you a free game but they gave it to others is extremely childish. Sorry.

#103 Posted by Wolfgame (878 posts) -

@krullban:

Why is your assumption train moving full speed ahead? outside of using the term "loyal" MS has not made any statement about how they determined that criteria. Proceeding with this argument requires having facts from MS, we can agree to disagree, but your assertion that they even selected from a pool of long time subscribers is pure speculation.

#104 Edited by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@wolfgame said:

@krullban:

Why is your assumption train moving full speed ahead? outside of using the term "loyal" MS has not made any statement about how they determined that criteria. Proceeding with this argument requires having facts from MS, we can agree to disagree, but your assertion that they even selected from a pool of long time subscribers is pure speculation.

Because I'm using LOGIC. I guarantee if you got one you wouldn't be saying anything. But you didn't get one so you're condemning Microsoft.

#105 Edited by Wolfgame (878 posts) -

@krullban:

They are going to randomly choose within that group

I would say your logic if faulty, we have users on this message board of varying gold subscription times who qualified for this promotion. Your assertion that they chose randomly within a group of longest active gold time is inaccurate. Countless users both here and other gaming message boards have made it perfectly clear that microsofts determination of "loyal" has resulted in some users with as little of 5 years gold being selected. I am saying that this conversation is at an impasse when MS's use of "loyal" is broadly undefined to the users.

I guarantee if you got one you wouldn't be saying anything. But you didn't get one so you're condemning Microsoft.

EDIT: I would still want to know why those around me of similar subscription time didn't receive it. Of all the things to defend MS on this is the most perplexing. I can't imagine what your agenda is to deflect reasonable questions concerning MS's use of "loyal" for this promotion. If I had a crusade against MS there are much more substantive points of complaint I could "condemn" on.

#106 Posted by RawknRo11a (568 posts) -

While I didn't recieve an e-mail per-say I did get a message on my X-Box Live account a week or two ago stating pretty much the same thing others have said. Not sure what the basis was. Maybe being a rewards member has something to do with it?

#107 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@wolfgame: What's perplexing is why you care so much about the criteria of what they consider loyal. You say "as little as 5 years" how is 5 years not loyal? It's so blatantly obvious they they have this group of people they consider loyal, then chose randomly who gets the free game among that group. Why exactly does it matter what their criteria is unless you're angry they didn't give you a free game?

#108 Edited by Wolfgame (878 posts) -

@krullban:

We can argue all day going back and forth, my only question is a reasonable one. I just want to know what the criteria is for these and similar giveaways. I am sorry that you find that perplexing, but it isn't a difficult or inflammatory question to ask. It's not even a question that should be interpreted directly as an attack on Microsoft. I point to your original post where you flew out of the gates guns blazing in response to me as though I was declaring war on your favorite console. I understand brand loyalty, I think I demonstrate it pretty well with my wallet. Questioning Microsoft shouldn't be interpreted as an attack.

#109 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@wolfgame: I'm not even getting an Xbox One so I don't know where you're getting brand loyalty from. This isn't even about the console. This is about so many people complaining because of a company giving out free games.

#110 Posted by sjwho2 (46 posts) -

It was my understanding that killer instinct was free for XB1 users, but required money for either cosmetics or extra characters.(can't remember which atm).

#111 Posted by BigJeffrey (5173 posts) -

@sjwho2 said:

It was my understanding that killer instinct was free for XB1 users, but required money for either cosmetics or extra characters.(can't remember which atm).

#112 Posted by sjwho2 (46 posts) -

@sjwho2 said:

Oh boy, it looks like the free to play model from league lol.

Personally, as a fighting game fan I would probably skip this for the system provided until it built up its seasons. Not that many characters with the kind of "season" system makes the start rather....boring. 6 characters and kind of repetitve motions make this a rather boring entry for me.

Hopefully later when the roster is around 10-15+, it will be a more refined experience.

#113 Posted by RawknRo11a (568 posts) -

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their codes yet? I've been checking my e-mail this morning and havent seen anything yet. Just curious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.