Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

My Xbox One was stolen from my front door.

• 79 results
    katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was checking the status of shipping all day on the UPS site and around noon it says that it was left at door. So UPS decided it was a good idea to leave a 500 dollar item at my front door on the first attempt. It said that it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I was going to leave work at lunch and go home to wait for it. I don't live in the worst neighbourhood but not the best. I just got home and there was nothing there. Does UPS update their website before actually delivering it?

Has anyone had any experience in this happening? I am contacting Amazon right now but any advice as it what to do is helpful. I just don't have a lot experience ordering something that is worth so much, let alone it getting stolen or lost.

Do they track down stolen xboxs? I really want whoever did this to get caught. I honestly haven't had problems with packages being stolen before, is there chance that the UPS person stole it knowing it was an Xbox?

Any advice or suggestions would be great and reassuring. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I am just kind of freaking out right now.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ikilledthedj

Working for a courier my self i know for a fact sometimes delivery is not even attempted and they just select an option to fill the quota. Alot within my company drivers say that delivery was attempted but no one was home, in actual fact they never left the vehicle or entered the street

Id be contacting UPS directly, its also possible that UPS has stolen it. Driver knowing you wernt home could just say he left it but has taken it home for him self its easy to know what type of product is in the box.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

It's possible that they haven't delivered it yet. I've had a few items from different couriers including UPS say it had been delivered hours before it actually got here.

Did they leave a note or anything? It might be that it hasn't got to you yet if all you are basing this off of is their tracking website.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fed Ex did the same for my PS4, luckily though, I was home and saw them pull up. I would assume that a package that costs hundreds of dollars would require a signature or something.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By katimanic

So I am in a chat with someone from Amazon.

There was no note at the door, just the website and Amazon says that it was left at the door. They told me to wait as they are checking with UPS.

I am pretty shaken up right now, it was for my brother's birthday on Saturday and he is has been through a lot in the past while. I knew it would mean a lot to him to get an Xbox One.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I am in a chat with someone from Amazon.

There was no note at the door, just the website and Amazon says that it was left at the door. They told me to wait as they are checking with UPS.

I am pretty shaken up right now, it was for my brother's birthday on Saturday and he is has been through a lot in the past while. I knew it would mean a lot to him to get an Xbox One.

It's an awful situation and I'm sorry you're going through it. :(

If it's any consolation Amazon is usually really good about making right by their customers.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zelyre

Sometimes, the UPS guy will mark packages delivered before they arrive at your door. I have had times where I come home for lunch to pick up a delivered item only to have a UPS guy knock on the door at 7pm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had this happen once and amazon replaced the item. Obviously mine wasn't anything like an Xbox One but I think the policy should hold. Aside, it's not a shocker that UPS left it. And I doubt they were able to know the contents of the package and that you would have preferred them not leave it since I doubt you got signature confirmation or anything like that.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By katimanic

@barrock: Thanks, I appreciate it.

So after being in chat with amazon.ca, they told me they are going to replace it and have it out to me by tomorrow, which seems impossible to me. The estimated shipping says tomorrow. They told me that UPS confirms it as being delivered, so it was either stolen by a neighbour or delivery person. It is showing up as the Day One Edition, which is what I ordered originally, but how they can actually send one out seeing as everywhere is sold out?

Amazon wouldn't tell me if they are going to pass along the serial number or whatever along to Microsoft, I hope that they do though. If they don't, it seems like a crime that is extremely easy to get away with.

Thanks for all of the advice and comments, I was probably a bit too shaken up over losing an object but there was a part of me that thought I was going to be out of luck in getting another one.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

wow sorry man, that is terrible. That's the worst. I'm happy to hear that you are getting it replaced.

UPS dropped my PS4 on my front porch and rang the doorbell. No note, no signature.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@katimanic: Glad to see it's sorted then. Waiting for deliveries is the worst precisely because of the fear that shit like this will happen.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By katimanic

Hey just an update to everyone,

I took the day off of work to make sure I got the package. I was assured by the rep yesterday that it would arrive today. And, what do you know? It didn't come. So after talking to a rep and making it clear I was not mad at them but the rep who promised me it would arrive today. They offered me 10 dollars in Amazon credit which kind of pissed me off, basically equating my entire day spent home to 10 dollars. I am now in a really bad mood after trying my best not to lash out at the Amazon rep knowing it wasn't their fault. I didn't ask for any monetary compensation and I would of prefered nothing to 10 dollars at this point. I was told I probably won't recieve it for my brother's birthday, after being promised I would.

Sorry for venting again.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

That really blows but do you really think they're going to magically track down the thief? I wish you the best of luck regardless, I expect UPS to reimburse you.

This reminds me of when someone broke into my room and stole my 360, lucky I got it back and got to have a nice little "chat" with the fucker who stole it.

miikelzelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By miikelzelda

That really sucks for you man, I hope they fix this for you, it must feel terrible losing your new console. Good luck.

@ikilledthedj said:

Working for a courier my self i know for a fact sometimes delivery is not even attempted and they just select an option to fill the quota. Alot within my company drivers say that delivery was attempted but no one was home, in actual fact they never left the vehicle or entered the street

Id be contacting UPS directly, its also possible that UPS has stolen it. Driver knowing you wernt home could just say he left it but has taken it home for him self its easy to know what type of product is in the box.

Jesus, it sounds like a nightmare for you guys.

Where I come from, you go down to the post office and claim your package. We do not have, need or believe in postmen and postal deliveries.. Too much at stake. Going down to the postal office to officially pick up your item is as easy as going to buy a loaf of bread.

I guess South Park was right..

You were too lazy and wanted packages delivered to your doorsteps. Thing is, you woke up to find out the UPS man is fuckin' your wives!
    You were too lazy and wanted packages delivered to your doorsteps. Thing is, you woke up to find out the UPS man is fuckin' your wives!

(paraphrased..)

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon said:

That really blows but do you really think they're going to magically track down the thief? I wish you the best of luck regardless, I expect UPS to reimburse you.

This reminds me of when someone broke into my room and stole my 360, lucky I got it back and got to have a nice little "chat" with the fucker who stole it.

Wow man, how did you get it back and who stole it?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

He sold it to a nearby neighbor that my landlord knew, that neighbor gave me the name of the person who stole it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@big_jon said:

Wow man, how did you get it back and who stole it?

McGruff helped.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

That sucks man. Doubly so because it was supposed to be a gift. I hope at the least you can get reimbursed.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Nasar7

I'm sure you're pissed but fantastic fucking service on Amazon's part. It's not their fault it was stolen and for all they know you could be scamming them. I recently got broken into and all my consoles were stolen and I'm sure as shit not getting a free replacement. Your brother will live without the console for another few days. Besides, it's the thought that counts.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They won't leave a 500$ item on your doorstep, they're not imbeciles.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

If you have a job, get your stuff delivered to work, They don't do that horseshit leave it at the door nonsense for stuff delivered to a business and you never get in that situation.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These types of couriers have to deliver a lot of packages in a short amount of time. There's lots of corner cutting and even false deliveries.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx: that's exactly what they did to me. Woke up around 2pm launch day to some knocks on my door, opened it up and there was an xbox on my doorstep and a UPS guy running for his van.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's UPS. Yes they will. They left $900 of computer parts on my step even though the boxes were clearly labelled as being from a computer part sales company.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Terrible sadness I feel. May luck return your XBO to you. And swiftly too.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx: that's exactly what they did to me. Woke up around 2pm launch day to some knocks on my door, opened it up and there was an xbox on my doorstep and a UPS guy running for his van.

UPS is good for knocking on the door before bolting for their van. Fed Ex, on the other hand didn't even knock on the door when they delivered my PS4. I saw them pull up and, expecting a knock on the door, I walked to the front door. No knock. My sister told me they drove away, so apparently the guy just dropped a package worth $400 at my door without a knock and left. Not sure if the package has to be a certain weight for them to require a signature from you, but I would've thought that something that costs hundreds of dollars and shipped for 2 day delivery would require one.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh they do. They did this with both my PS4 and Xbox One.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#29  Edited By mike

I think it's up to the shipper to determine whether a package should require a signature or not. Carriers don't even know what is in the boxes they're delivering most of the time, unless it's obvious from the size and weight of the box, or if they can tell what company it originated from. Also, don't FedEx and UPS both charge extra for signature delivery confirmation? If that's the case, it may be a business decision on the part of large companies like Amazon to not require signatures by default. If the cost of items lost or stolen from porches doesn't exceed what they would be paying to have all those hundreds of thousands of packages signed for, then they may just opt for the former.

One of my friends ordered several thousand dollars worth of high end stainless steel catering equipment and she asked me if it could be delivered to my house since I was going to be home during the delivery window. I watched the driver pull up, run up to within about 5 feet of the front door, throw the box, and then run back to his truck. It slid up the walkway and into my front door with a thud. I've also experienced drivers from both UPS and FedEx who never came to my door at all when a signature was required and simply marked the package as "Delivery attempted, no one to sign for package." I always assumed this was due to the drivers' time constraints.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insane_shadowblade85: that's exactly what I thought. I took the day off specifically because I thought I would have to sign for it.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cameron

Sorry to hear that. I was shocked when I didn't have to sign for my PS4 or Xbox One. If I hadn't been home they would have left it at my front door where anyone could have walked by and taken it.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DrStrangepork

@xalienxgreyx: They left my $1200 Fender Strat at my front door. Not like anyone would know what it was with the word "Fender" in giant letters across it.

@katimanic Sorry about your spot of bad luck. They should be doing a follow up with the driver and after that if the package is not found they would need to do a claim with Amazon. Hopefully they can get you reimbursed, it just may take a while.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Devil240Z

Now I know why I don't buy new consoles online.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx: They left my $1200 Fender Strat at my front door. Not like anyone would know what it was with the word "Fender" in giant letters across it.

@katimanic Sorry about your spot of bad luck. They should be doing a follow up with the driver and after that if the package is not found they would need to do a claim with Amazon. Hopefully they can get you reimbursed, it just may take a while.

In Canada if you don't sign for it at the door they keep the package or take it to the local Post Office

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

That's really shitty to hear man. Thankfully, most of my recent packages have required a signature in order to be successfully delivered. I just hope that kind of practice becomes the default so stories like yours can be avoided. Hope you get some kind of compensation!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Darji

I can not believe that this is common in the US. In Germany you need to sign for such stuff. Especially from Amazon. You even can see online who signed for it if you were not home. How can they prevent fraud then?

For example you get a Xbox without signing and then you call that you never got one. How do they prove you are lying?

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would think that something like that would require a signature.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i once ordered a ds and the postal service stole it, went there and the guy said i signed for it but then i saw it under the counter and told him to give it to me or i would call the police he yielded pretty fast

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FedEx did the same thing with my $80 box of Giantbomb shirts couple months ago. All I got was a "we will look into it". Was really bummed.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Syed117

It depends on the shipper. Amazon is great but they only require signatures for more expensive items. They always leave stuff at the door for me. Just sits out there all day until someone brings it inside.

I ordered mine from the Microsoft store and they shipped via UPS as well, but it needed to be signed for.

My cousin lives in a small apartment building. There is a small table by the entrance where the mailboxes are. Every time I visit, there are at least 10-15 boxes from amazon just sitting on the table. Whoever delivers them just drops them all on that table and leaves. It's ridiculous.

It's a terrible situation. Hopefully it works out.

Broomhitches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Amazon's customer service is good, but I didn't think they would even consider giving someone a replacement in a situation like this. This seems like it could be easily exploited.

Alphaknowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen: UPS did the exact same thing with my PS4, thankfully I was home at the time.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seriously ? left it on the door ?

they didn't even bother taking ur sign or anything ?

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By katimanic

So just to update this thread. Yes it was supposedly left at my door at the first attempt. I live in a lower-middle middle class neighbourhood.

Also as of this post, I have not received it. I am not as heated as I was when I made this thread or when I posted my follow up, I am still very disappointed. After waiting home all friday for it to show up, I contacted amazon once again and they told me:

I can confirm that your order will be delivered in the next 24 - 48 hours. In case, if you do not receive your order or if you are not able to work out with the carrier, please do contact us we will certainly help you further.

That was on Friday evening, so I waited home all day Saturday (most of my day, I left around 6 to go to my brother's birthday party, which I showed up empty handed to but I told him what I got him and he was extremely thankful) and still nothing. Sunday, nothing as well and then I sent Amazon an email. They sent me an email back telling me that the package will get here on Tuesday and that they will give me a free month of Amazon Prime.

Right now I am not upset that it hasn't come yet, just that they have promised me dates twice now and both times weren't true. I know looking back at it, I probably shouldn't of stayed home waiting for a package but here if they leave a door sticker thing, you can't go until the next day at 12 or 3 to pick it up, so I thought both Friday and Saturday would make sense to stay home, seeing as how if I were to pick it up, it would be too late to give to my brother.

I envy you Americans, with your seemingly better Amazon service and your less snow to prevent packages getting delivered.

I won't be home tomorrow, so I guess we will see what happens.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to work retail and dealt with plenty of UPS and FedEx guys. The amount of care that they show the packages that my company sold was inconsistent at best. Even the best drivers and the nicest guys will stop caring and mishandle things.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bummer this happened for you. Unfortunately delivery companies have no way of knowing what is in each package and if not instructed otherwise will leave it on your front door step because that makes the most sense for the person receiving it. Also, it's not up to UPS/FedEX/USPS whether something needs to be signed for or not, that is all up to the company who shipped out the item.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here I've been complaining that my postman will never bring my packages to my apartment, they just assume I'm not home, and bring them to the post office for me to pick up the following day. Which pretty much renders overnight delivery pointless. But I guess that's better than abandoning extremely valuable shit.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two words you crazy foreigners.

Recorded Delivery.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@katimanic: Super curious to know if it'll show up on Tuesday, Good luck either way!!

P.S. Amazon.ca lied to me once about the delivery date and gave me next-day shipping that showed up in the morning, was perfect so I'm surprised to hear your story :/ Living in an apartment building probably has something to do with it though.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#50 gamer_152  Moderator

This is a really shitty situation. I hope you can get your brother that Xbox.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.