Phil Spencer: Family Sharing. Will continue to add features.

#1 Edited by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/377879176847831040

Carrot on a stick. That's nice but that's pretty freaking vague. What? When? Which parts? It's been months since the reversal now and this is all those of us who really care about this keep hearing.

I guess I'll just have to "continue to wait" to buy an X1. Especially since now MS is not requiring mandatory demos for digital games, this feature has become even more important.

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4138 posts) -

That sounds alright. As long as they put family sharing back, cool.

And this digital stuff is pretty near really. What with the fairly old rumor about how Microsoft wants to implement a digital-resale-marketplace, all this digital lifestyle wonderland sounds alright.

#3 Edited by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

Xbox One: With Features and More to Come Eventually! Trust Us!

#4 Posted by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

Xbox One: With Features and More to Come Eventually! Trust Us!

Exactly. I need a little more than that.

#5 Posted by sarahsdad (1075 posts) -

That sucks about the demos, especially since they've already been doing it for xbla games on the 360 for years.

#6 Posted by xyzygy (9870 posts) -

I think that over time we will see a lot of the original features come back, at a much more acceptable rate so people will have time to get used to the changes. Originally the changes were so massive that the backlash was just a confused first impression of a very unique (console-wise) program. I do believe it and other features will come back. Microsoft has made it so that the features originally intended will be nullified with a firmware update required Day 1. Therefore, they can change these things in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.