Preorder's shipping?

• 115 results
#1 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (173 posts) -

So I ordered from the Microsoft store back in June and just got a shipment confirmation notice from them. It seems pretty early for them to start sending them out doesn't it?

Did they really ship it or are they just sitting on it until the 19th or 20th?

Anyone else getting updates from other stores?

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4136 posts) -

I'm getting it from Amazon. I dunno.

#3 Posted by bigjeffrey (4703 posts) -

shipping carriers are holding them at the destination's local warehouse level. They are sitting there until 21st

#4 Posted by AgnosticJesus (539 posts) -

Has anyone that ordered through Amazon been charged yet?

#5 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4136 posts) -
#6 Edited by AndrewB (7438 posts) -

@agnosticjesus: Nor I. I'm curious how much longer I'll have before it's too late to rethink my pre-order.

#7 Edited by confideration (394 posts) -

mine has a tracking number from the Microsoft store

#8 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Mine also has a tracking number from the MS store. I know that last week I got an email from them saying that they were starting to process orders on the 15th.

#9 Posted by Syed117 (387 posts) -

My brother and I both got ours from the microsoft store. He got tracking information yesterday, I have not.

I had to make some changes to my order information, I think that's why I haven't gotten mine yet.

Got worried and called them up, was reassured that I would get it on Friday.

#10 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

@syed117: I also had to make some changes. If I hadn't gotten my confirmation I was going to call them up on my lunch break tomorrow. Thankfully that is no longer a requirement.

#11 Edited by Syed117 (387 posts) -

@doctortran: you got your tracking information from Microsoft after making changes?

I'm assuming the customer service people know what they were talking about. Hopefully I'll get mine by tomorrow night.

#12 Edited by CABBAGES (517 posts) -

Ordered mine on shopto.

They have charged my account but no mention of shipping it yet.

Sometimes shopto can be early with games but I doubt it will happen with this.

#13 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

@syed117: yep. Got an email confirmation around 1pm pacific. Made changes over the phone last Monday.

#14 Posted by Syed117 (387 posts) -

@doctortran: thanks.

Will give them a call tomorrow night if I don't get mine.

#15 Posted by FinalDasa (1451 posts) -

Anyone with a PS4 preorder know about when Amazon charged you?

#16 Posted by shinboy630 (1130 posts) -

Anyone with a PS4 preorder know about when Amazon charged you?

Not until thursday night when it showed up on friday

#17 Edited by FinalDasa (1451 posts) -

@shinboy630: Ah ok, good. I was worried I needed to run to an ATM tonight. Thanks!

#18 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -
#19 Edited by Spongetwan (202 posts) -

Saw the back order status on mine(preordered 6/10) as well as in process status. Called Microsoft and they confirmed that I will be charged on the 21st and will get it on the 22. They have shipped my xbox live card thingy tho

#20 Posted by Syed117 (387 posts) -

Just got my tracking number. UPS usually delivers in the afternoon for me.

Just a few more days.

#21 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

I'm getting mine from Amazon

#22 Posted by Spongetwan (202 posts) -

Just got my UPS tracking number!!!! Now I'm going to stalk my package, lol!

#23 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Mine appears to be sittin' around Ontario, California.

#24 Edited by ericdrum (404 posts) -

One of my coworkers bought his from Amazon days after I ordered mine from Amazon and he already has his shipping notice and tracking number. My status still shows mine arriving Friday. I ordered it on June 10th.

#25 Edited by GleasonRyan (244 posts) -

@ericdrum said:

One of my coworkers bought his from Amazon days after I ordered mine from Amazon and he already has his shipping notice and tracking number. My status still shows mine arriving Friday. I ordered it on June 10th.

Are you saying his is going to arrive before Friday or just that his has shipped already?

#26 Posted by Variable_ (35 posts) -

@gleasonryan: Nah, that just means that it's shipping now. My PS4 shipped last Tuesday night and bounced around until Friday. I imagine the Xbox One will do the same thing depending on where someone lives.

#27 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@doctortran: Same here. I was billed over the weekend and got the tracking number yesterday. Did anyone else notice the heft? My package is a bit over 17 lbs.

#28 Posted by Spongetwan (202 posts) -

@oginor: Yea, mine was 16.70. Was so hoping for tomorrow, lol. Shipping via UPS air saver

#29 Posted by theanticitizen (254 posts) -

Packaging also includes weight of box and material. Plus they'll bump up the weight 1 or 2 pounds depending on the company(I work in shipping and through UPS mostly) so most likely the Xbone won't be quite that heavy. But still, majority of that weight will be the machine itself. I can't wait. Oh man

#30 Edited by Syed117 (387 posts) -

Mine says 16.7 as well, but those numbers are often incorrect. The accurate weight is available after UPS picks up the package and gets it in their system. Right now it's just a notice that the tracking has been assigned.

17 pounds seems a bit high. Or maybe that sweet day one edition packaging weighs a lot.

Mine also says UPS Ground. Not Air saver.

#31 Edited by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Mine appears to be 17.30 lbs.

#32 Edited by jasbir (107 posts) -

Has anyone that ordered through Amazon been charged yet?

I haven't been charged yet.

#33 Posted by ericdrum (404 posts) -

@gleasonryan: As variable_ said, the Xbox One will still arrive on Friday. It just already "shipped".

#34 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@spongetwan: That was the other thing I noticed after posting last night - the shipping method on the UPS page says Next Day Air Saver (instead of ground, the method I had chosen). Maybe UPS is holding them until Thursday and MSFT ate the next day air so that they'd all arrive on Friday? Or maybe it'll arrive today? Who knows.

#35 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4136 posts) -

Amazon just told me my pre-order is shipping. I haven't got charged yet, though. :D

#36 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

Just spoke to someone at Amazon and they said they will ship the xbox one later today.

#37 Posted by Nashvilleskyline (192 posts) -
#38 Posted by GleasonRyan (244 posts) -

I just want to get my tracking number so I can call them up and have them hold it at a customer center so Ill get it like 7 hours earlier than I would.

#39 Edited by Syed117 (387 posts) -

Still no change on the ups tracking status.

Might give the Microsoft store a call in a few hours and see what they have to say.

#40 Edited by dirtydebutant (20 posts) -

im in canada. i ordered from MS store and got tracking number but since sunday night its "order processed: ready for UPS" im starting to think i should go to work on friday because its not gonna show up on time.

#41 Posted by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@dirtydebutant: What's the shipping type display as on your tracking page? I'm beginning to think that MSFT upgraded us all to Next Day Air to ensure delivery on the 22nd and that everything will start moving tomorrow.

#42 Posted by AgnosticJesus (539 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: I got an email late last night telling me to go over my payment information and make sure that expiration dates on credit cards hadn't passed. Seemed like a mass generic email to all preorder holders, but otherwise no substantial action has taken place.

#43 Posted by Nashvilleskyline (192 posts) -

I've never hit refresh on a page as much as I'm doing lol
I don't Amazon.ca will ship before Friday…feels like it anyway

#44 Posted by dirtydebutant (20 posts) -

@oginor: still UPS Worldwide Saver...
i think UPS can get it to canada, but once its here, it will take long. It stops at 2 facilities then they take forever to deliver and when they do, Its like they have a sniper shooting your doorbell while the truck drives 100mph. I was once in the kitchen, they rang, went to the door immediately and the truck was leaving.

#45 Posted by OneLoneClone (59 posts) -

huh. I got an email from on Friday from Microsoft store to update my cc info (it had expired), updated my info on Saturday. My order now just says 'in process'. Don't really feel like calling them, so I'm just going to hope they are on top of things.

#46 Posted by CatsAkimbo (600 posts) -

huh. I got an email from on Friday from Microsoft store to update my cc info (it had expired), updated my info on Saturday. My order now just says 'in process'. Don't really feel like calling them, so I'm just going to hope they are on top of things.

That's better than the Sony store at least. Friend of mine had his ps4 order straight up cancelled because his credit card had expired. He was able to call them up and get it back, but they ended up shipping it 4 days late.

#47 Posted by FuriousJodo (114 posts) -

My games shipped from the MS store yesterday, Amazon reminded me to check my payment info but I haven't seen them charge me or anything yet.

#48 Edited by Mister_V (1170 posts) -

Anyone here order from Amazon UK? I have not heard anything about my order yet. Wondering if anyone else has.

#49 Edited by chrisphil1724 (60 posts) -

Amazon really fucked me over....

I added a gift card to my Xbox One Day One Amazon order I placed in June...they changed my ETA date from the 22nd to the 26th. After 1 hour on the phone with amazon they claimed they over sold and had to change the date of my order....even though they had more Xbox One Consoles available this morning.

If you are getting an Xbox One Day One from Amazon and ordered after June...check your ETA. If it hasn't changed, please let me know.

#50 Edited by Mister_V (1170 posts) -

@chrisphil1724: Still showing as the 22nd for me. Ordered it E3 week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.