Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Question about external hard drives.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So I'm going to be purchasing a Xbox one tomorrow. there's at least 4 games out now I want that are exclusive and there's more in the lineup as well, though I foresee my ps4 getting more multi platform love since they usually turn up better there. But I'm also going to be getting a external hard drive to boost the storage and I have some questions first. First of all how big should I go? I was thinking 2TB. What did you guys choose for your drive? I'm thinking the seagate backup slim 2tb drive.

Anyway, any thoughts are appreciated.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got a Seagate 4TB, and it works great. It is nice not having to worry about space at all.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I got this Seagate 3TB. Its not too cheap, and not too expensive. At the time time I got it for $105, so yea. I have like 70-ish games installed on the hard drive, and its like at 34% right now. Its pretty great.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Due make sure you are getting a USB3 external Hard Drive.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have that Seagate 2TB. It's been awesome so far. Quiet, small, fast loads, and reasonably priced. The Xbox One really does the external hard drive well, as it basically supplements the existing hard drive and views your available memory as simply a total of the stock hard drive + external drive. So, with that one, you're getting ~2.4 TB of data storage, which is a pretty good amount, and don't really have to worry about what's on which drive. Highly recommend.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey! congrats on the xbox one. Good topic... I was searching the board for this exact same question lol. Thanx for the info.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So I returned the seagate drive and actually got the Ed my book drive. I got the 2TB version because I thought 4TB was overkill, especially since this isn't my only console. Hopefuly it performs as well as the 4TB version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.