Question about Game Sharing?

#1 Posted by AaronP (76 posts) -

I was just wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions I have about game sharing.

So if my buddy logs into his Xbox account on my Xbox One, then configures his account as my Home Xbox. I can then sign in to my account and play any of his downloaded games and even have free Xbox Gold on MY account?

I just can't quite believe how this can be allowed? Will it work on any game you can download too, Titanfall, COD: Ghosts etc? And can it just work one way or will I have to sign into my account on his Xbox One and set that to his Home Xbox too?

Thanks for the help :)

#2 Edited by micemoney (154 posts) -

Yeah, my friend and I do this and it works just as you detailed.

Both of you must log into each others accounts and do the home Xbox thing. After that, whatever your friend purchases, downloads etc..will show up on your Xbox ready for you to download and vice versa. It's really neat. Even DLC too.

#3 Posted by AaronP (76 posts) -

@micemoney: Thanks, that's so awesome! I'm getting an Xbox One for my birthday in a week and the more I read about it the more I love it. I think it's a shame MS didn't show off more of these features, as I would have got it months ago if I had known some of these!

#4 Posted by micemoney (154 posts) -

@aaronp said:

@micemoney: Thanks, that's so awesome! I'm getting an Xbox One for my birthday in a week and the more I read about it the more I love it. I think it's a shame MS didn't show off more of these features, as I would have got it months ago if I had known some of these!

No problem dude! Yeah once I found this out I was stoked. Me and my friend take turns buying games. I'll be getting Watch Dogs for free next week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.