Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Ryan McCaffrey interviews Phil Spencer

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Microsoft Game Studios VP Phil Spencer -- the man who approves or rejects every single Xbox game there is -- stops by the Podcast Unlocked studio for an enlightening one-hour chat (starts at the 38:01 mark). He talks Titanfall, the future of Gears of War, the future of Project Gotham Racing, the next game from the creators of State of Decay, and much more. Plus: Titanfall seals its PlayStation 4 fate, Halo: Spartan Assault predictably gets announced for Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Tiger Woods suffers another relationship breakup, and plenty more.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

IGN: Podcast Unlocked Episode 119: Phil Spencer Interview

He seemed pretty cool, I dunno. And he has some legitimately nice things to say about PS4.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It was a good interview. He actually seems like a cool guy to have behind the scenes and actually highlighted that he just has a terrible stage presence. At press conferences he should be more of the Phil Spencer we got in that interview and less that weird douchey cockiness he gives off. Sony has Shuhei out there interacting with the consumers and being personable about it. Xbox needs more of the way Phil was with Ryan in that interview and less Larry Hyrb.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CaLe

Very much enjoying this interview so far. He seems like a nice guy, the kind you'd sit down and drink some orange juice with.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm not getting X1, this was interesting. It's so refreshing to hear someone else talk than Nelson and his damage control.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GERALTITUDE

This is a great interview. Always liked McCaffery and Spencer comes off as just a nice, regular dude. You can tell when he walks the xbox line but there's certainly no PR voice here - he should be in more interviews, rather than the robots we tend to see. It would do wonders for MS' image.

ValeYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I also thought it was a good interview, there may be hope yet. Especially hopeful was the remark that they are looking at Steam's sales models.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nhoj_Sllew

twas a good interview I thought, I always thought spencer came off so douchey on stage its good to hear him speaking naturally.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've taken a liking to Albert Penello on twitter lately - not afraid to address the critics and people who chase him with questions and such. But that said, this interview's been pretty good too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.