Sess Money and an interview with Albert Penello

#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

Well, he did seem a little nervous. But I like that at least he was genuine. And as always, Sess never fails to bring good questions.

#2 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -
Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

#3 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Does anybody else always expect him to be wearing a leprechaun hat?

#4 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2768 posts) -

I think Sess has a low threshold for obfuscation. It might not be exactly what happens, but IT SEEMS that Sess bases his question on what the other interviewers don't ask people. If everyone else is tossing softballs, Sess pulls out the harder questions.

I don't understand why people at Microsoft can't have a sense of humor about how much they screwed up. Smile, have a sense of self deprecation, and just be honest. Albert Penello's increasing blank expression of being challenged just comes off badly. When he blames consumers for not understanding Kinect that just doesn't make sense and shows how out of touch and defensive MS is still being.

Having seen the video (that honestly doesn't excite me much) all I can say is "That is three months old..." so that explanation is not good enough or new enough to matter. One new video EACH month about Kinect is what they need, they need to say it, say it again, and then say it a third time. "Say it three times" is part of advertising. And, yes, that means a budget of over 1 million in just making YouTube level videos that show off the Kinect in different ways. That means putting it in consumers hands too; not journalists, not actors, but putting it in consumers hands like at PAX as much as possible.

#5 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5022 posts) -

Sess seems to be on speed every time i see a interview. A good interview though.

#6 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

I thought his answers seemed honest and on point, I really don't have that big of a problem with kinect being included, just the big price gap.

#7 Posted by Final_Bawse (43 posts) -

Was a good interview.

Particularly interested in what Kinect will do. I've never really thought of the ways in which developers can take advantage if EVERYONE who owns the console will also have a Kinect.

Time will tell anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.