So, bought a xbox one

#1 Edited by Raven_Sword (3444 posts) -

So I finally broke down and got a xbox one. Target was having that deal where the forza 5 bundled console was 449 and you also got a free year of live. Plus they had Titan fall on sale as well for 50 bucks. All in all it cost me 540 for all that, which is probably how much the console would come out to regularly. So, pretty sweet deal.

Now, I do have a question. Is there any weird film stuff I'm not noticing on the console? On the kinect sensor there was so clear film on the top, but I'm noticing what looks like some on the bottom also. Tried picking at it, but wouldn't come off. Is there any there or on the front of the camera?

Anyway, I think it was a pretty good deal, no?

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4191 posts) -

That's a fantastic deal.

This year's Halo should be tight. Its my most anticipated at least. Sunset Overdrive I'm expecting to be awesome as well. And Below I'm hoping is as engaging Sword and Swocery.

#3 Posted by Clapmaster (90 posts) -

What does it mean when someone says I finally broke down?

Oh and congrats on your Xbone. That Forza 5 is amazing, I still don't know why there was so many negative comments on that game after it came out. It's the best looking racing game ever. Has the best handling and physics of any Forza Motorsport game to date. Ok maybe there is 100 less cars and a few less tracks but what you do get is of such high quality that it makes up for it and Turn 10 have already put out 2 new tracks(road america and long beach) for free since the game was released.

#4 Posted by Raven_Sword (3444 posts) -

Ok , so my live code isn't reddening . It keeps saying something went wrong. I went online to their error thing and it says that it was a live signing in issue . Is live having problems right now. Did I get boned?

#5 Posted by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

Ok , so my live code isn't reddening . It keeps saying something went wrong. I went online to their error thing and it says that it was a live signing in issue . Is live having problems right now. Did I get boned?

Are you sure it didn't actually just go through anyway? Because when I bought my Titanfall bundle with the free month of Live, I tried to redeem it and it told me something went wrong. But I looked in the Subscriptions section of Settings and it actually had gone through. I dunno, just a thought.

#6 Posted by Jeust (10548 posts) -

Have fun with it! But isn't the final price 499?

#7 Edited by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

@jeust said:

Tax. Which I assume would be around 8% where he lives.

#8 Posted by Jeust (10548 posts) -

@jeust said:

Tax. Which I assume would be around 8% where he lives.

Ahhh tax wasn't included beforehand?

Thanks for the info!

#9 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1406 posts) -

That's a great deal, welcome to next gen where we all wait for September

#10 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (4917 posts) -

Gasp, you're insane

#11 Posted by Raven_Sword (3444 posts) -

@jeust:

Yeah. It was 540 after tax and everything. Tax is like 9 percent over here.

#12 Posted by John1912 (1857 posts) -

What does it mean when someone says I finally broke down?

The persons resolve not to do something finally breaks.

#13 Posted by Jeust (10548 posts) -

@jeust:

Ah thanks! In Portugal the tax is already calculated in the displayed price for goods.

#14 Posted by Raven_Sword (3444 posts) -

On issue I'm going to run into, since I also own a ps4, is deciding which console to play multiplatform games on.

#15 Edited by Clapmaster (90 posts) -

@raven_sword said:

On issue I'm going to run into, since I also own a ps4, is deciding which console to play multiplatform games on.

PC if you have a decent one. If not just wait till the games are out and look around the net at the comparisons to find out which version is best. Digital Foundry usually does pretty good graphical and performance comparisons.

#16 Posted by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

@jeust said:

@raven_sword said:

@jeust:

Ah thanks! In Portugal the tax is already calculated in the displayed price for goods.

That's actually a really good idea. So of course it will never happen here in America.

#17 Posted by Sinusoidal (1409 posts) -

@jeust said:

@raven_sword said:

@jeust:

That's actually a really good idea. So of course it will never happen here in America.

It doesn't happen there so the stores can advertise lower prices and so you know exactly how much the government is gouging you.

I've lived in a country that advertises the price you pay for ten years now. It's nice to pay the price you see, but I still don't even know how much sales tax is here.

#18 Posted by EVO (3890 posts) -

You bought an Xbox.

#19 Posted by Raven_Sword (3444 posts) -

I'm really liking how seem less it is jumping from a game to the home screen. A lot of the UI stuff seems like a few steps forward compared to PS4. However, the punning sue stems a bit weird and it's kinda hard finding certain things. I also don't like how there a bit restrictive on you getting at the hard drive files .

Do you guys keep it in instant on or have it shut all the way down?

#20 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2239 posts) -

So I finally broke down and got a xbox one.

YOU STUPID MOTHERFUC-

Just kiddin' :)

That does sound like a hell of a deal! Hope the games are fun.

#21 Posted by Mercuria1_King (19 posts) -

That does sound like an awesome deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.