So Kinect is kinda awesome.*and other stuff*

• 55 results
#51 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Honestly, I'm an avid Xbox gamer but until I see it, I'll believe it. More and more people seem to be impressed with what the teams are boasting about the Kinect so that's good news but I'll wait to see it in action myself.

#52 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3181 posts) -

Sounds expensive.

#53 Posted by confideration (394 posts) -

3 things

I think the Kinect being packed in is cool, great for developers.

I think the Kinect being an optional thing to have turned on, via privacy settings, or (tinfoil hat time) hardware modification via tape and/or knife (cut the white wire!), is great as well.

redacted

#54 Posted by tourgen (4426 posts) -

I don't see it getting used for anything all that interesting on the Xbox. It will get half-assed support like the WiiU tablet conroller gimick. It's primary purpose is to collect marketing data and personal info to sell to marketing firms and the NSA.

On the other had the PC package with full access is going to be great.

#55 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

I'll say it again:

You want me to buy an XBO? Drop the Kinect or at least make it optional. It's not even a price issue for me. I don't care what it does or doesn't do, how improved it is over the original paperweight that was the 360 Kinect.

It's biggest feature is that it's a 2nd potential point of failure in the game console it comes with, among other things. I have absolutely nothing against the XBO except this, and would enjoy a 2 console XMas if they pulled it, but as long as it's a requirement, then, as Don Mattrick said, there's another product for me.

#56 Posted by themonkeyworks (71 posts) -

Looking forward to seeing how good the kinect is, and seeing what the designers can come up with...

I don't care about big brother watching/listening, i'll just turn it around when I dont want them to see. Thing is, if they want to see, they will see. As someone has already noted, theres cameras everywhere, theres plenty of dark corners for them to watch from. I love being naive and enjoying videogames.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.