So, my friend bought me an X1

#1 Posted by micemoney (134 posts) -

Said he needed someone to play online with. Crazy. I'm a bit shocked. Xbox One was probably going to be the last of the newer consoles that I bought. That being said, of all the bashing I did on Microsoft, this thing is pretty neat. The interface is slick, and Kinect is pretty damn awesome to use when it works. I imagine it'll work better as time goes on. Very surprised on how much I like this thing. Picked up Killer Instinct, which was the game I was probably most excited for out of the console launch games. Huge fan of the original(s).

Anybody know of any good sales on X1 games? I'd like to pick up some more soon.

#2 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Tell your friend I'll play any game at any time if he buys me a console.

#3 Edited by bigjeffrey (4774 posts) -
#4 Edited by handlas (2658 posts) -

Sounds like your friend might be in love with you.

Or he/she has more money than they know what to do with.

...don't know of any sales right now.

#5 Edited by jkz (4002 posts) -

I need some better friends

#6 Posted by micemoney (134 posts) -

@handlas said:

Sounds like your friend might be in love with you.

Or he/she has more money than they know what to do with.

...don't know of any sales right now.

Hahaha he's a good dude. He's able to live with his parents rent free, and works full time at a decent job. He already has all the new consoles, including a decked out PC. I guess he opened up a Amazon credit line and played santa this year. Needless to say I was beyond grateful. Didn't think I'd be with Microsoft so early this gen.

#7 Posted by micemoney (134 posts) -
#8 Posted by Hunter5024 (5538 posts) -

Your friend sounds like the best friend ever. Remember this when you're blowing him off for that bitch Stacy.

#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (7991 posts) -

Remember this when you're blowing him off for that bitch Stacy.

Hahaha I don't think I read this sentence the way you intended it to be read.

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5538 posts) -

@starvinggamer said:

@hunter5024 said:

Remember this when you're blowing him off for that bitch Stacy.

Hahaha I don't think I read this sentence the way you intended it to be read.

Nice.

#11 Edited by Humanity (8802 posts) -

Uhh, can I be friends with you guys?

#12 Posted by flameboy84 (147 posts) -

Wowza well that is possibly the craziest thing I've ever read. Best I got was a friend giving me his old mastersystem. Anyway add me FlameboyUK84 I have barely any friends on Xbox Live!

#13 Posted by Vuud (1943 posts) -

Just hope he never asks for something in return.

something involving your butt

#14 Edited by Sanj (2352 posts) -

Please ask your friend if he would like another friend.

#15 Edited by micemoney (134 posts) -

Your friend sounds like the best friend ever. Remember this when you're blowing him off for that bitch Stacy.

Lmao. You guys feel free to add me GT: miceonthebrain

@flameboy84 I just added you

#16 Posted by killerishere828 (22 posts) -

I will suggest Battlefield 4 if you had to pick one. But if more then one the Dead Rising 3, Max: Curse of the Brotherhood, and Assassins Creed 4. Haven't played Forza 5 but heard good things.

#17 Edited by laserguy (438 posts) -
#18 Posted by flameboy84 (147 posts) -

@hunter5024 said:

Lmao. You guys feel free to add me GT: miceonthebrain

@flameboy84 I just added you

Ok consider yourself added back!

#19 Posted by HatKing (5813 posts) -

Who is your friend, and how do you get in on this whole being friends thing?

Seriously though, good for you. He sounds incredibly generous. Hopefully you get good use out of it, and make sure you have his back whenever you're playing online together!

#20 Posted by SovietofBears (13 posts) -

That's pretty sweet. Fuck the cynics, that's just a real cool thing to do. Hope you guys enjoy some video games together.

#21 Posted by Nashvilleskyline (192 posts) -

Enjoy !!!

#22 Posted by Spoonman671 (4555 posts) -

Your friend sounds like a dick. You better trade him for one of my totally rad friends. They're way better, I promise.

#23 Posted by Andorski (5189 posts) -

You might call him a friend, but I'm pretty sure he wants the D.

#24 Edited by Daiphyer (1307 posts) -

FUCK. My friend came to my birthday, and I had to pay his taxi fare. Some friends you have.

#25 Posted by Kidavenger (3508 posts) -

@andorski said:

You might call him a friend, but I'm pretty sure he wants the D.

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing.

#26 Posted by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

My friend lets me use his rice cooker sometimes.

#27 Posted by SpartyOn (500 posts) -

My best friend sent me a text wishing me a Merry Christmas and threw in a Happy Birthday a month ahead of time because he knew he "would forget it".

#28 Posted by micemoney (134 posts) -

I will suggest Battlefield 4 if you had to pick one. But if more then one the Dead Rising 3, Max: Curse of the Brotherhood, and Assassins Creed 4. Haven't played Forza 5 but heard good things.

Is BF4 still unplayable? All the bad press has be a bit iffy on it. I definitely want to play it though.

I've been showing my thanks by kicking his ass in KI.

#29 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Wicked dude! That's quite some friend!

As for games, I cannot recommend Dead Rising 3 any more. It's a fantastic way to kill time and it's incredibly addicting.

#30 Posted by MarkM (288 posts) -

What a terrible situation to be in.

#31 Posted by GameHandsome (22 posts) -

@vuud: scouring through forums at 8 in the morning, I did not expect to laugh this hard. Thank you kind sir

#32 Edited by BRich (431 posts) -

What a nice guy! I bought my parents one for Christmas to be the center of their entertainment room (mostly just for TV, Netflix/Amazon streaming, and Blu Ray). They absolutely love it even though they are normally pretty poor with new technology. They can do all the voice commands and don't need the cable, TV, sound system and Blu ray player remotes anymore. I hope Microsoft makes a push towards natural language because its not quite as easy as something like Siri without a little training.

By the way, "Xbox Bing _____" is probably the greatest command on the system. Finding out which streaming service has a particular movie or TV show and then hitting one button to rent or stream it is a huge step forward. Parsing these services was always such a hassle before, especially now that there are 4 or 5 of them.

#33 Posted by Tom_omb (331 posts) -

I personally plan on getting a PS4 first, but if you're going to have one of the two new consoles right now the Xone looks to be the one with more to play. I'm talking about Zoo Tycoon!

#34 Posted by EzMrcz (2 posts) -

@micemoney: as of right now.... still broken as fuck.... Can't even load a match right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.