Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but...

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

After listening to the latest bombcast, the guys were talking about how there is no way to manage your save files for games, they are all cloud saves and it's all automatic.

But, didn't Microsoft change the XBox One to not require internet access? If so, where do your saves go?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't have an XBox One yet, and when they talked about the lack of save management and the cloud saves on the bombcast it hit me that I thought I remembered that you didn't "need" to connect to the internet now? Or am I wrong?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not actually sure, but I assume if you're offline it saves them to the system, but sends them to the cloud when you connect to the internet.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mcfart

All saves go on the cloud

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think that they're on your machine, you just can't access them in any direct way.

I'm pretty sure they're on the machine AND the cloud.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@retrometal: They said on the live show that saves are cached locally until a online connection is established

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey

The Cloud ®

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

After listening to the latest bombcast, the guys were talking about how there is no way to manage your save files for games, they are all cloud saves and it's all automatic.

But, didn't Microsoft change the XBox One to not require internet access? If so, where do your saves go?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't have an XBox One yet, and when they talked about the lack of save management and the cloud saves on the bombcast it hit me that I thought I remembered that you didn't "need" to connect to the internet now? Or am I wrong?

Aside from the day one patch, which requires an internet connection to download, you do not need to be hooked up to the internet. As long as you are offline, your save files are local to your machine; however, it is also true that the console offers no way to manage your data manually.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

we listened to your petitions and, uh, we're shutting down the cloud. :(

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9 gamer_152  Moderator

I'm pretty sure Jeff said on the live stream that the machine stores them locally and syncs them with the cloud.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.