The Controller

#1 Edited by Syed117 (392 posts) -
#2 Edited by falserelic (5469 posts) -

I'll leave the controller vid here.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Don't mind having to use batteries. I got a ton of them from the era of everything using double As

#4 Posted by falserelic (5469 posts) -

My overall thoughts of the controller is that it looks fine. It seems like it will be abit more comfortable then the 360 controller.

#5 Posted by Vuud (2033 posts) -

It looks flat and small for someone with giant pancake hands like myself.

#6 Edited by joshwent (2300 posts) -

Controller looks awesome.

Although, maybe it's just his regular face, but Major Nelson looks kinda pissed off in these videos. Seems... awkward.

Still, controller looks awesome.

#7 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4235 posts) -

Yea, that's pretty great. I prefer the fat ass Xbox controllers anyway.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5469 posts) -

Yeah with them bbc's (Big Beautiful Controllers) you can have a nice firm grip...

#9 Edited by BigJeffrey (5078 posts) -

How The Xbox One Controller Has Changed

#10 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4235 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Yeah with them bbc's (Big Beautiful Controllers) you can have a nice firm grip...

#11 Posted by jArmAhead (341 posts) -

Controller looks great, and I really like the new changes. It's clear it'll be a very similar controller and they've addressed a lot of the biggest issues I had with it. Those screws did bother me, weirdly enough. And the new sticks sound great, hopefully the wiggle of the 360 sticks is a thing of the past.

@joshwent said:

Controller looks awesome.

Although, maybe it's just his regular face, but Major Nelson looks kinda pissed off in these videos. Seems... awkward.

Still, controller looks awesome.

He always looks that way. I saw him at PAX one year and he looked super, super pissed off. And he's always looked kind of unhappy on camera, at least to me. Weird for a PR guy I guess but I've stopped noticing too much. Or at least I stopped caring.

#12 Posted by falserelic (5469 posts) -
#13 Posted by isomeri (1319 posts) -

Microsoft seem to have made some really smart choices with the design of the controller and I'm happy that they didn't go down the path of adding speakers and screens on the thing. And yeah Major Nelson continues to not be the greatest communicator for the Xbox team. If anything this video strengthened my suspicion in that the whole Xbox team is filled with a lot of really talented engineers but surrounded by terrible PR and marketing people.

#14 Edited by chiablo (955 posts) -

Wow, do those sticks really stick out that far? That's going to feel really weird.

Edit: Nevermind, Bigjeff's gif was stretched vertically. Sticks look fine.

#15 Posted by leftie68 (215 posts) -

I always loved the triggers on the Xbox 360 controller, however I liked the weight of the Dual Shocks. The Feedback is an awesome touch. I would love to get my hands on both the PS4 and Xbox One controller before I pick a system.

#16 Edited by Syed117 (392 posts) -

@chiablo: higher sticks allow for more range of motion and thus more precision.

Might take some time to get used to, but they are better.

#17 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@leftie68 said:

I always loved the triggers on the Xbox 360 controller, however I liked the weight of the Dual Shocks. The Feedback is an awesome touch. I would love to get my hands on both the PS4 and Xbox One controller before I pick a system.

You could always go to game stop when they release to see what they feel like and also how they handle Cheetos stains.

#18 Edited by falserelic (5469 posts) -

I wonder which one will feel more comfortable.

The Xbox One Controller Side-By-Side with the PS4 Controller

#19 Posted by leftie68 (215 posts) -

@falserelic: I do like the thinner grips on the PS4's controller. I don't have mammoth hands like some. But like I mentioned before, those triggers on the Xbox One look great.

#20 Posted by falserelic (5469 posts) -

@leftie68 said:

@falserelic: I do like the thinner grips on the PS4's controller. I don't have mammoth hands like some. But like I mentioned before, those triggers on the Xbox One look great.

Yeah, both ps4 and xbox one controllers has some highlights.

#21 Edited by Syed117 (392 posts) -

Everything I've been reading is making me think that the rumble triggers might be a bigger deal than we are giving them credit for.

At first I thought the triggers would just rumble like controllers already do but there is apparently a lot more nuance to the way they work. The potential list of applications is endless. Gameplay based on how the controller feels? How it makes your individual trigger fingers feel. Can't wait to see where we are in a few years.

#22 Edited by JouselDelka (966 posts) -
What about the Controller?

#23 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

Can't wait to have that be my new PC controller

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.