Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

There's Something About Consoles

• 55 results
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By mike

@conmulligan: That's weird, I mean it's not like console games don't go through the same update process just as often. They often times get the same updates as the PC does, both in scope and size. And they may download faster and probably would install faster on PC, too.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mb: Consoles generally download/install updates automatically, without you having to turn them on, which is super convenient. With Steam games you have to actually have Steam open, or your computer all the way on (unless they added some way for steam to wake up your computer from standby and download an update).

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By conmulligan

@mb: Sure, but both the Xbox and PS4 will download updates in standby mode. I could just leave my PC on with Steam open and stay up to date that way, but that's not a great solution.

It's a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things, and it usually only puts me out about 5-10 minutes, but when I want to play something on the TV it's often just to kill a small amount of time. This goes back to being conditioned a certain way — when I play a game on the PC, it's usually because I know I'm going to bunker down for a couple of hours, whereas if I'm on the couch, more often than not I'll want to play for short bursts.

jedikv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: really well put. In addition to your points, here's Jeff's take on the issue.

Loading Video...

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I usually own both current gen consoles (play station and Xbox) and when I get my One tomorrow it'll be the same. There's usually exclusives on both I want to play. I love consoles, though I'd love to have a gaming of one day.

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I both like my my consol setup and PC... I feel my PC is for long playing strategy games and and action games are better on the TV.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.