These Are Your Xbox One And PS4 Launch Games [UPDATED]

• 147 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3475 posts) -

UPDATED: Sony has released its list of games, too, though it's not just the launch games. Sony's lineup includes what's coming between now and the end of the year.

• NBA 2K14
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Skylanders Swap Force
  • Need for Speed: Rivals
  • Battlefield 4
  • Madden 25
  • FIFA 14
  • NBA Live
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • #DRIVECLUB
  • Knack
  • Assassins Creed IV Black Flag
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Just Dance 2014
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes.

--

Let’s just cut to the chase. There are 23 games launching alongside Xbox One, and a decent number of exclusives, to boot.

Here’s what you can look forward to on November [insert unannounced release date].

Staff
#1 Edited by ZatoJawed (13 posts) -

Pretty good line up IMO

Way better than the 360's Launch

#2 Edited by ADAMWD (565 posts) -

How's that for a launch list @brad?

#3 Edited by Akujin (150 posts) -

Hmmm

#4 Posted by LibrorumProhibitorum (335 posts) -

Pretty solid if you ask me.

#5 Edited by Unequivocable (214 posts) -

PEGGLE 2!!!!

#6 Posted by fargofallout (276 posts) -

It looks good in theory, but nothing there seems especially interesting (except maybe Watch Dogs). I don't know that I've ever seen a launch lineup with so many direct sequels (Sony is equally guilty of this).

#7 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1736 posts) -

Peggle 2, baby!

#8 Edited by Soulstoner (37 posts) -

NOW how much would you pay?

Wait -- DON'T ANSWER

#9 Edited by UncleBenny (422 posts) -

It's so weird to see "Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft".

#10 Edited by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

Dumb question but is the pic for the story on the main site page from Dead Rising 3? It looks like the main character is wearing Arthur's armor from Ghosts n Goblins with a lightsaber.

#11 Posted by ZatoJawed (13 posts) -
#12 Posted by VMM (8 posts) -

You could of mentioned everyone in Europe are getting FIFA 14 for free

#13 Edited by AbeTheGreatest (132 posts) -

Forza and Crimson Dragon look cool.

#14 Edited by LethalKi11ler (1405 posts) -

@vmm: If they preordered the console.

#15 Edited by Zacagawea (1582 posts) -

Zoo Tycoon day one, I'm there.

(I actually am curious, for the record)

#16 Edited by AlKusanagi (909 posts) -

Still nothing that makes me want to get the system early. I'll probably jump on when it's tax return time, but Titanfall is still the only exclusive I'm hyped for.

#17 Edited by moffattron9000 (351 posts) -

Looks about on par with any other modern launch lineup. I just hope they don't fall into the other trend of modern launch lineups and forget to release anything for the next six months after.

#18 Edited by White_Silhouette (470 posts) -

So is this Launch Day or Launch Window ? I doubt all these games are coming out on the first day. I will be very surprised if they all come out in the first 6 months of the console launch.

edit: actually looking closer at the list 6 months is probably realistic since most are cross platform and or cross gen games.

#19 Edited by ZatoJawed (13 posts) -

@white_silhouette: These are all launch day, it seems pretty clear that they are in the main post.

#20 Posted by Deadmanforking (570 posts) -

Not enough Ubisoft games.

#21 Edited by MrGtD (451 posts) -

@white_silhouette: These are pretty clearly launch day. There's nothing there that isn't already scheduled for the fall.

#22 Edited by Abendlaender (2764 posts) -

Wait....where is Ridge Racer? There can't be a launch without a Ridge Racer, where is it?

The console launches when Ridge Racer is released, not before.

#23 Edited by Benmo316 (407 posts) -

Peggle 2 is a launch game? That's surprising. The only time I remember Peggle 2 being mentioned was at E3 when they said it was a thing and just showed a logo.

#24 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -

Pretty standard launch lineup if you ask me.

#25 Edited by CrunchinJelly (16 posts) -

that's a lot of vidja

#26 Posted by TerraDelu (500 posts) -

Is it crazy that, to me Peggle 2 is the most exciting "exclusive" on that list? And it's only a timed exclusive.

Overall I'm not disappointed in the launch lineup, but its filled with a bunch of "expected" games.

#27 Posted by Saga (178 posts) -

I can't wait! Made the pre-order weeks ago.

#28 Edited by AMyggen (2546 posts) -

Pretty pretty pretty good.

#29 Edited by mikbal (70 posts) -

Dead Rising 3 is the one that interests me. I may buy this console.

#30 Posted by billyok (193 posts) -

Same old faces with new coats of paint. The thing I used to love about launch lineups is that they usually have a better ratio of new franchises to sequels than during other parts of a console's lifespan, but I guess times have changed.

#31 Posted by General_Boredom (24 posts) -

NBA Live 14: We Swear It's Really Coming Out This Time Edition

#32 Posted by spookytapes (261 posts) -

I.... I want Forza. I already preordered a PS4, I think I'll use it more in general.... but now with all the backpeddling I may actually get an Xbone at some point. Hopefully they're not too hard to get a hold of after launch. It's going to be really hard for me to resist Forza now that it's getting closer. I've probably logged over 1000 hours between the 4 games and Horizon easily. Fuck. I really don't want to pay for gold anymore and I don't want a Kinect or tv box thing. I wish they'd do a $299 or $399 xb1 lite or something. At least there's a new Gran Turismo this fall but that's just not the same.

#33 Posted by Milkman (16527 posts) -

Is it weird that I'm pumped for Zoo Tycoon?

#34 Posted by EastboundSpider (93 posts) -

What i and 539,702,04 of my european friends can look forward to is jack-shit

#35 Edited by ghostyTrickster (282 posts) -

The majority of these are coming out for current gen consoles or PC. A pretty weak lineup of true exclusives. Nothing that really makes me go "shit I NEED one".

#36 Edited by Siphillis (1290 posts) -

PEGGLE 2!

#37 Edited by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

That's a killer launch line up. Would have liked Titanfall at launch, but with BF4 and COD both at launch it wouldn't really make sense.

#38 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I like Forza but it's not a system seller for me. Not interested in anything else on that list.

#39 Edited by translucentfish (127 posts) -

As far as I can tell, this will be the PS4 lineup too. Only a few Xbox exclusives, none of which interest me.

Seems like the games won't be selling the systems, only the promise of the future of the box.

#40 Edited by OLph (18 posts) -

Wouldn't pretty much all of these games shown up this autumn even if the new consoles hadn't been launched?

#41 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

Cut out the non-exclusives. Cut out the sports. Cut out the casual/kids... and there's nothing really left.

#42 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3745 posts) -

@olph said:

Wouldn't pretty much all of these games shown up this autumn even if the new consoles hadn't been launched?

But, but, but, the game industry has been telling me that the lack of creativity and the milking of franchises and the franchise failures in the past year or two have only been because this generation went too long and they are being hindered creatively by inferior hardware!

Remember, new consoles are going to revitalize the industry!

#43 Posted by Syed117 (387 posts) -

Said this in the other thread, but the 9 or 10 games on that list that are timed exclusives or otherwise make it strong enough.

#44 Posted by Swick (222 posts) -

See.... I don't think that's enough...The only exclusive that I'm interested on that list is Dead Rising 3...

#45 Posted by Video_Game_King (36013 posts) -

What's this Crimson Dragon business? *clicks link*.....Well, I think I finally have a reason to use a Kinect.

#46 Edited by Winsord (1165 posts) -

@spookytapes said:

I.... I want Forza. I already preordered a PS4, I think I'll use it more in general.... but now with all the backpeddling I may actually get an Xbone at some point. Hopefully they're not too hard to get a hold of after launch. It's going to be really hard for me to resist Forza now that it's getting closer. I've probably logged over 1000 hours between the 4 games and Horizon easily. Fuck. I really don't want to pay for gold anymore and I don't want a Kinect or tv box thing. I wish they'd do a $299 or $399 xb1 lite or something. At least there's a new Gran Turismo this fall but that's just not the same.

I'm in the exact same position, except I'll be getting a PS4 shortly after launch instead of day of. I've even considered pre-ordering the LE of Forza 5, even though I probably won't get an Xbox One for a few years. I love Gran Turismo as much as I do Forza, but I consider them to be pretty different games and it won't fill that void.

The only other game I care about there is Watch Dogs, which I'd rather get on PC. I still haven't been convinced that they didn't ruin Dead Rising for me.

#47 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Nope. Not one of those titles is better than Brothers.

#48 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2308 posts) -

Really diverse selection of games, I like it.

#49 Edited by jaycrockett (429 posts) -

Is Peggle 2 a download or retail game?

Are there any download games announced?

Are game prices confirmed to be $60

#50 Posted by Zaxex (578 posts) -

Not enough Ubisoft games.

Better than their usual fare.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.