These Are Your Xbox One And PS4 Launch Games [UPDATED]

• 147 results
#101 Posted by FoxMulder (1633 posts) -

Looking forward to Watch Dogs, but I'll most likley wait until I get my PS4 for that game, which won't be at launch.

#102 Edited by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

You should buy DriveClub if you're getting a PS4 sometime, or have a Vita, or you plan to get a Vita, or you're sticking with your PS3, with the PS+ bonuses of varying types a purchase of it gives you depending where you live.

In Europe right now, if I buy a year of PS+ before September 20th I get another 90 days for free ($50), and then if I add a DriveClub purchase I get 50% off voucher for another year long PS+ subscription.

The launch line-up isn't that hot but holy smokes, excluding the cost of whatever DriveClub edition you get, $75 gives you two and a half years of PS+

(..or €75, realistically, since the US DriveClub deal is different)

#103 Posted by heavyplay (294 posts) -

There's a bit of overlap there. If anyone is interested, here's Patrick's list parsed a little differently.

BOTH CONSOLES

• Assassin's Creed 4
  • Battlefield 4
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • FIFA 14
  • Just Dance 2014
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  • Madden NFL 25
  • NBA 2K14
  • NBA Live 14
  • Need For Speed: Rivals
  • Skylanders Swap Force
  • Watch Dogs

PS4

• Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • #DRIVECLUB
  • Knack

XBOX ONE

• Crimson Dragon
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Fighter Within
  • Forza 5
  • Killer Instinct
  • Lococycle
  • Peggle 2
  • Powerstar Golf
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Zumba
#104 Edited by SnakeEyes327 (334 posts) -

Hmm, if I were to buy a console just on launch titles, Xbox One certainly has 4 more than what the PS4 is offering at launch. Which would be 0.

#105 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

wonder if they're saying Watch Dogs because it's either on or after the 19th, or it's just their way to not give a hint of that it might be earlier.

#106 Posted by Mezmero (1795 posts) -

The only thing I want to play on these lists is Battlefield 4 multiplayer. Watch Dogs could be cool though I'm not sure yet. I want to play AC4 but AC3 soured me so hard on that series.

#107 Posted by probablytuna (3540 posts) -

Watch Dog + LEGO Marvel, here we go.

#108 Posted by shiftplusone (48 posts) -

Be aware that the xbox one list has all their digital title offerings while sony's list is only games that'll have retail releases

Sony's list is "bigger" but for some reason they're not surfacing that information

#109 Edited by Lind_L_Taylor (3962 posts) -

Damn. I can't find even one of those games compelling enough to justify a next-gen console purchase.

#110 Posted by Sinusoidal (1293 posts) -

A Traveler's Tales Lego game!! I was a holdout on this generation until now.

#111 Posted by Peanut (953 posts) -

How is this comments section so chill? Every single one I've been in for one of these stories today has been an absolute shit storm. I was on GAF for like 2 minutes before I felt physical fucking pain from all the stupidity.

I love you Giant Bomb! OT - I'm so fucking excited for video games. All of them. PS4, XONE, WiiU, handhelds, what fucking EVER!

#112 Posted by xyzygy (9895 posts) -

Solid lineup for both, but I can't believe how many X1 games will be available at launch. Biggest console launch ever?

#113 Posted by ArjanN (119 posts) -

There's only about two games that aren't also on PC.

#114 Edited by Y2Ken (1073 posts) -

Y'know, as much as I'm genuinely excited for the Next Gen, the only game I really want from that list right now is Peggle 2, and that's coming on the system I'm not currently planning to pick up this year. I'm kinda interested in Watch_Dogs, but not sold completely yet. FIFA could be good but I'm always sceptical of the first iteration on a new system, so we'll have to see. And if I do get around to picking up Ghosts (possible) of BF4 (slightly less so) then I'm probably going to do that on PC at this point.

Again, still excited for next gen. But if you want me for the rest of the year, I'll most likely be playing GTA5 and Skullgirls on my PS3, or Divekick, Spelunky, and Rome: Total War II on my PC.

#115 Posted by Terjay (809 posts) -

Mmmmeeeehh

#116 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

It seems really silly that Sony didn't include their digital launch line-up. Mercenary Kings, OctoDad, etc. would really round out that list.

#117 Posted by Davvyk (693 posts) -

I really couldn't understand the moaning about the launch lineup on the podcast. This is easily the best launch lineup a generation has ever had. Granted that's not huge praise but its certainly not a weak launch day lineup.

Games on here would be classified as huge titles if they were releasing only on current gen so to have then in the launch lineup for a new generation is great.

If only GTAV had a next gen version at launch.

#118 Edited by heavyplay (294 posts) -

Here's the list of downloadable PS4 games that I've stolen from the Joystiq article. As before, these aren't necessarily launch titles.

• Basement Crawl (Bloober Team)
  • Blacklight: Retribution (Zombie Studio)
  • Contrast (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Counterspy (SCE)
  • Doki-Doki Universe (SCE)
  • DC Universe Online (SOE)
  • Flower (SCE)
  • Hohokum (SCE)
  • Minecraft (Mojang)
  • N++ (Metanet)
  • Pinball Arcade (Farsight Technologies)
  • Planetside 2 (SOE)
  • Pool Nation Extreme (Cherry Pop Games)
  • ResoGun (SCE)
  • Super Motherload (Xgen Studios)
  • Tiny Brains (Spearhead)
  • Warframe (Digital Extremes)
  • War Thunder (Gaijin Entertainment)
#119 Edited by SuperSambo (2853 posts) -

Anyone know what the game in the thumbnail is? Thanks.

#120 Edited by Shaunage (691 posts) -

Hey, here's a thing.

Sony say that list includes games up until the end of the year, while Microsoft's is day one.

That means at least one of those remaining three PS4 games isn't launch day.

#121 Posted by bhurak (1 posts) -
#122 Posted by Shaunage (691 posts) -

Actually, no. If the PS4 launches first, the multiplatform games could be later in the year.

#123 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

@bhurak said:

@supersambo: it's Killer Instinct

It's Dead Rising 3. Apparently DR3 might not be as serious as some may have thought.

#124 Posted by Grixxel (763 posts) -

Not one but two NBA games? OH BOY!

#125 Edited by shinjin977 (748 posts) -

Maybe at the age of 25 I have grown out of gaming? That is a mighty list for both and I am not even interested in even one of those title. I hope Rime and Transistor rejuvenate my gaming thirst.

#126 Posted by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

Maybe at the age of 25 I have grown out of gaming? That is a mighty list for both and I am not even interested in even one of those title. I hope Rime and Transistor rejuvenate my gaming thirst.

The titles aren't hot at all, the one I have the most interest in is Knack because even after the 15 minute IGN video I like what I see - cutesy platformer with a challenge, that I could pick up and relax with or learn to master.

It still remains mostly an early investment for me!

#127 Posted by Saltank (188 posts) -

Seems like nobody is bothered enough to make a side by side comparison with all hardware and software of these two platforms for the lazy people.

#128 Edited by nofzac (38 posts) -

@shinjin977: I'm 30 now, and I used to be ecstatic for console launches. I wonder if I'm not as impressed for this coming gen because the launch lineups don't have any revolutionary offerings - or if its because Dota 2 has consumed me.

#129 Posted by Epidehl (285 posts) -

Knack is the only launch game that really interests me, the Crash Bandicoot nostalgia makes it super tempting. Still gonna hold off on getting a PS4 until Second Son comes out though.

#130 Posted by Goldanas (545 posts) -

Here's an updated version, @heavyplay:

BOTH CONSOLES

• Assassin's Creed 4
  • Battlefield 4
  • FIFA 14
  • Just Dance 2014
  • Madden NFL 25
  • NBA 2K14
  • NBA Live 14
  • Need For Speed: Rivals
  • Skylanders Swap Force
  • Watch Dogs
  • Minecraft (Mojang)

PS4

• #DRIVECLUB
  • Knack
  • Basement Crawl
  • Blacklight: Retribution
  • Contrast
  • Counterspy
  • Doki-Doki Universe
  • DC Universe Online
  • Flower
  • Hohokum
  • N++
  • Pinball Arcade
  • Planetside 2
  • Pool Nation Extreme
  • ResoGun
  • Super Motherload
  • Tiny Brains
  • Warframe
  • War Thunder

XBOX ONE

• Crimson Dragon
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Fighter Within
  • Forza 5
  • Killer Instinct
  • Lococycle
  • Peggle 2
  • Powerstar Golf
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Zumba Fitness

Of course, Sony is cheating a bit by including games to be released before the end of the year (a 46 day window), and also including games that were on their previous platform (Flower, DC Universe), and there are a few titles that I'm sure will make it over to X1 (Pinball Arcade), and a few of those games are also PC titles (Warframe, War Thunder, etc.), but I guess they're all still games that are on the platform before the end of the year. That's worth something.

#131 Posted by xyzygy (9895 posts) -

@bhurak said:

@supersambo: it's Killer Instinct

It's Dead Rising 3. Apparently DR3 might not be as serious as some may have thought.

Who ever thought it was serious? The most recent demo shows you making a steamrolling motorcycle while wearing a shark outfit with a lightsaber equipped.

#132 Edited by AssInAss (2543 posts) -

@siphillis said:

PEGGLE 2!

I was so happy when this guy jumped in the air like that.

I was like:

You need the GIF!

#133 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -
#134 Edited by NelsonKaiton (23 posts) -

November is gonna make my head explode.

#135 Posted by MrMuscle (443 posts) -

Being in Norway my Xbox pre-order wont be filled untill 2014 so i will just enjoy all the coverage instead i guess. At least most of the games id like to play so far also comes out on PC.

#136 Posted by Sammo21 (3212 posts) -

That list actually is low. I know for a fact that there are tons of other downloadable titles on the PS4 that aren't there.

#138 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@patrickklepek:

Yo! How about posting the full PS4 list? I mean if the Xbox One list includes games like Peggle 2, why wouldn't your PS4 listing include the same caliber of games?

The full list of *Launch Window* releases:

Retail Games

• NBA 2K14
  • Skylanders Swap Force
  • Need for Speed: Rivals
  • Battlefield 4
  • Madden 25
  • FIFA 14
  • NBA Live 14
  • DriveClub
  • Knack
  • Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Just Dance 2014

Download-Games (PSN):

• Basement Crawler
  • Pool Nation Extreme
  • Contrast
  • Warframe
  • Pinball Arcade
  • War Thunder
  • N++
  • Minecraft
  • DC Universe Online
  • Planetside 2
  • Counterspy
  • ResoGun
  • Flower
  • Doki-Doki Universe
  • Hohokum
  • Tiny Brains
  • Super Motherload
  • Blacklight Retribution

Paints a somewhat different picture, doesn't it?

#139 Edited by L1fef0rm (21 posts) -

@alkusanagi: Exclusive? Isn't it on PC as well? That game does look more and more appealing every time I see more. It may be the one to finally get its multiplayer tendrils in my single player gamer's brain.

#141 Posted by thatlad (71 posts) -

Neither console has got me on board for launch day.

#142 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

my neighbor's ex-wife makes $71 every hour on the laptop. She has been fired from work for five months but last month her check was $18018 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more... www.day37.com

OH BOY NOW WE GOT THIS

#144 Posted by TommyH (68 posts) -

Personally, the only game that is even remotely interesting on either of those lists is Watchdogs. But seeing what is in the works for next year and forward It's still pretty exciting stuff. Looking forward to that PS4.

#145 Posted by Battsey (48 posts) -

What's that game in the article image with the dude laser swording that zombie?

#146 Posted by Pitta (182 posts) -

Xbox One seems to be killing it on the launch lineup by comparison to the PS4.

If that Nov 8th launch date rumor holds true I'll be quite pleased.

#147 Posted by Spongetwan (202 posts) -
#148 Posted by the_brown_intruder (1 posts) -

Solid launch line-up.. Gonna be expensive.

Hold on, I am new here... Could someone please tell me where the fanboys are?? Because I cant see any

#150 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1317 posts) -

Whatever tool gets Watch_Dogs into my veins the fastest is the only thing I care about. Oh and seeing as the only upcoming indie title shown for the consoles that I have 'any' interest in is Below, and for the Xbox One, that's the one I'll prolly grab (also the ps4 still has a lot of promises for online service to live up to.. AND I play games on my 16:10 monitor which still isn't supported at all by my ps3... so.... )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.