Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Titan Fall Bundle confirmed.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/bundles/titanfall-bundle#fbid=zoItMRMYbHW

The game is actually free....

Thoughts?

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

I guess to clarify the link, it is the normal Xbox One, but it comes with a digital version of Titanfall for the same price as a standalone Xbox One ($499). It is a smart idea because there a lot of people (non PC) that want an Xbox One for Titanfall. Now if PS4 can do the same with inFamous: Second Son.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Comes with 1 month of Live and Titanfall. Cool i guess if someone wants to buy one now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Smart. If my friends are playing this game on Xbox it'd be tempting.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's actually a rather compelling deal for an Xbox One. I'd rather play Titanfall on my PC as it looks better there, but for those who want to get an Xbox One this is probably the smartest deal Microsoft could of done right now.

I wouldn't expect Sony to do anything like this with Infamous as the PS4 is selling way too good right now. There is no need for Sony to do a bundle like this where they are including a free game with the console.

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well acutally, I just read that in UK, there is a price drop for the Console, and starting march 14th, the game will be included with all Xbone. Just wondering if it's a long time thing...seems like it.

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Price drop only in the uk to £399, with the game included now the value between both consoles doesnt seem as far apart.

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By NachoBizNas

I already picked up the PC version for 599 Pesos, which was more of a steal when the Peso was weaker. Free is more of a steal than what I paid for, so it seems like a smart buy if you want an Xbone and Titanfall.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smart move. It'll probably move a lot of consoles, although it comes off a little...desperate? I don't know, man. I'm sure as shit not getting one.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

So Nvidia isn't releasing a bundle in Autumn??

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazielCuts

Price drop only in the uk to £399, with the game included now the value between both consoles doesnt seem as far apart.

I'd say it's actually slightly better now. The Second Son bundle is £389 on Amazon so you're effectively getting a Kinect for a tenner (depending on your gaming preferences of course). Shit is about to get real and E3 should be dirty, bring on the mud slinging fun, E3 was so great last year :D

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AndyMc1888

@andymc1888 said:

I'd say it's actually slightly better now. The Second Son bundle is £389 on Amazon so you're effectively getting a Kinect for a tenner (depending on your gaming preferences of course). Shit is about to get real and E3 should be dirty, bring on the mud slinging fun, E3 was so great last year :D

Makes it alot less of an argument definately, have a feeling this year all in is going to be crazy with mud slinging and things coming from nowhere though and I look forward to it.

In my local crowd if friends its a weird one, Me and three others the only early adopters to the xbox one, and one person has a ps4 a weird mix and none of that due to nonsense fanboyisms.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a530ec4d635
    deactivated-60a530ec4d635

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's crazy Titanfall is coming out and there are still countries in Europe and Asia who can't get and Xbox One.

I live in Belgium and it's still not out here. They haven't announced a release date either. I'm starting to think Microsoft doesn't want our business.

Oh well, I guess I will go All PP this generation: PC and PS4.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Humanity

Finally a bundle that actually seems to make sense rather than - hey all this stuff comes in the same box.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gatehouse

Seems like a smart move to me. The combination of a price drop and a game that looks all sorts of fun might actually push my willpower.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Mildly tempting. Still doubt I'm getting a new console before Destiny comes out.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shinjin977

competition is good. I feel like I should do my hype decreasing announcement in thread like these as not to see "I am disappointed I was too hype and early adopt" thread like a month from now. If all you are going to be playing on ps4 and X1 are Infamous and Titanfall, you might want to check your hype and/or hold off a bit. One game is not enough to be a worthwhile purchase for any console.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought. This was the thing I was waiting for. March will be a very, very busy month.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By leftie68

What a fart-in-the-face to early adopters. Great deal, I just don't understand the reasoning behind it other than a "Holy Crap" reaction to the PS4 sales numbers.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fredchuckdave

If Titanfall turns out to be Halo (best case scenario) then the XBone is on track to be one of the worst consoles in history.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Darji

@leftie68 said:

What a fart-in-the-face to early adopters. Great deal, I just don't understand the reasoning behind it other than a "Holy Crap" reaction to the PS4 sales numbers.

Of course that is the reason. Expecting a kinectless SKU for E3.

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leftie68: Dude, the video game industry is always a fart in the face of early adopters and fans of a product. The get to spend the big bucks while more patient people will always get a discount on the corner...usually faster than the 3 months

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iigrayfoxii: why would they even think of doing that with Infamous? PS4 is selling just fine without bribery.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By roboculus92

@leftie68 said:

There's always a benefit to waiting and buying it later when there's a price drop/bundle. This bundle may have come sooner than you thought it would but getting butthurt over something that was inevitably gonna happen is just dumb. If you were an early adopter than you got to have the thing earlier than people who waited so there's your tradeoff.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I guess it's an okay price considering it comes with Titanfall, but frankly considering the rather large power difference between the two, it should be cheaper, and we all know what it is that's increasing the price so much.

Take the Kinect out to undercut the PS4 and they'd be selling so much more. I don't get Microsoft, they're being more stubborn than Nintendo who still haven't renamed the Wii U despite a large amount of people thinking it's a Wii accessory. If people want the Kinect stuff let them decide to add it to their system, Microsoft already took out the guarantee that everyone has a Kinect plugged in because it boots without it so removing it entirely is an obvious next step.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@caesius6: I don't see why people should stop saying that. There are plenty of people who would consider getting an Xbox One, but don't have any interest in getting a Kinect. The way things currently are forces them to buy a Kinect with their Xbox One. This only affects those people, while allowing them to get an Xbox One without a Kinect doesn't diminish your enjoyment of your Kinect.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roboculus92: I couldn't care less, I didn't buy the thing. However, in this case, I don't blame early adopters for being a bit peeved considering the line-up up to the new bundled price was sparce. Microsoft just kind of gave their most devoted fans a big middle finger. Atleast with the PS4, you could argue that, if you invested in Playstation Plus, you got Resogun, Don't Starve and Outlast for free (where the new adopters don't get those items). I don't know man, just seems kinda desperate. If it really was about offering a great deal, why not make it a free Xbox Gold game for the month of March? That way early adopters benefit as well.

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's desperate. Xbone is doing really well. Better than the 360 did in it's first year. But the PS4 is doing better. They needed to do something to keep up the pace. From your reasonning, we could say that Sony starting to offer free games with ps+ so they couldcatch up with xbox live and other plateforms was a desperate move. It's just a rough market to be in right now and it seems like moves like this will only help. Wether people think it's desperate or not. I would even say that cutting the price to 400$ including the kinect would be the best move. But people would still believe it's desperate. Someone once said, but I can't remember who, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. This just put some wind behind their back. Wait and see, Sony will announce something similar, everybody will say it's great and that there's nothing wrong with it. Console wars :) Love it!

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@yakov456: I would bet money that they do (Sony is notorious for releasing games bundled with their consoles). Bundles come in all shapes and sizes, I am not saying inFamous will be free with a PS4, but I imagine it will be in a "premium bundle" that costs more but includes the system, the game, one month of PS+, etc.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the bundle but doesn't mean "screw you" to early adopters? They should give a digital copy to all registered owners before the release.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's desperate. Xbone is doing really well. Better than the 360 did in it's first year. But the PS4 is doing better. They needed to do something to keep up the pace. From your reasonning, we could say that Sony starting to offer free games with ps+ so they couldcatch up with xbox live and other plateforms was a desperate move. It's just a rough market to be in right now and it seems like moves like this will only help. Wether people think it's desperate or not. I would even say that cutting the price to 400$ including the kinect would be the best move. But people would still believe it's desperate. Someone once said, but I can't remember who, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. This just put some wind behind their back. Wait and see, Sony will announce something similar, everybody will say it's great and that there's nothing wrong with it. Console wars :) Love it!

A bundle in itself isn't desperate. Every system ends up having some kind of bundle, including the PS4 with its Fox Edition, which comes with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. However, most bundles that include a game just launching cost more than the system alone, even if it's still less than the system and game bought separately. It usually isn't until a game has been out for a while that they might consider to include it for free, like how PS3 eventually included Uncharted for free.

I wouldn't say this is an "oh no, Xbox One is failing" act of desperation, but it clearly is a sign that Microsoft isn't getting the number of sales that they had hoped for considering the competition. The bundle was most likely planned for, even if the console itself doesn't have a branded design, considering that Titanfall is a major release. Someone in a board room decided to knock down the price to lure in more people on the fence about buying an Xbox One. It makes sense if they're trying to close the gap with the PS4. Nintendo did it too with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD trying to increase sales, and that got me to finally buy a Wii U (also Super Mario 3D World and other games finally being out).

Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: They are getting the numbers they wanted. the are doing better than the 360 in it's first year. Sony is just getting better numbers. they just need to make moves like this to solve that. Don't you think all the moves Sony has made so far hasn't been desperate for the last 3 years? It's just competition man, love it or hate it.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Codeacious

@extomar said:

I like the bundle but doesn't mean "screw you" to early adopters? They should give a digital copy to all registered owners before the release.

I didn't think about this when I first saw the bundle, but yeah, it kinda does seem like it. Especially if you didn't really buy anything at launch.

They can't realistically give a digital copy to all current XBone owners, though. Microsoft's banking on this game making them a bunch of money, as evidenced by the Microsoft seemingly pushing Titanfall ads wherever they can and branding their logo over any Titanfall marketing, not to mention how EA would feel about giving away copies.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BLIZZARD'S TITAN BEING RELEASED IN THE FALL: CONFIRMED.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you voluntarily become an early adopter, you are signing a contract with yourself that states "I know this shit is gonna be cheaper down the road, but I don't care I need it now". Granted, it's a little earlier than expected, but the fact still remains. So stop complaining, and no, MS will not give every Xbox One owner a free copy of Titanfall. They backed a Briggs truck up to EA's office to get the exclusive, so they gotta make their money back somehow.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EXTomar

@codeacious said:

@extomar said:

I didn't think about this when I first saw the bundle, but yeah, it kinda does seem like it. Especially if you didn't really buy anything at launch.

They can't realistically give a digital copy to all current XBone owners, though. Microsoft's banking on this game making them a bunch of money, as evidenced by the Microsoft seemingly pushing Titanfall ads wherever they can and branding their logo over any Titanfall marketing, not to mention how EA would feel about giving away copies.

Why can't they? They know who owns Xbone machines today. They can digitally deliver them a copy of TitanFall and allow them to download it on day 0. If nothing else, doing this alone could spur sales today.

Also I'm not saying that early adopters need anything or are whiners but I just noted that this is kind of a burn for them pretty rapidly after release. Early adopters get dinged on products all of the time where a nice thing for Microsoft to do is be a bit equitable to them where frankly they need the good press.

ps....

@ripelivejam said:

BLIZZARD'S TITAN BEING RELEASED IN THE FALL: CONFIRMED.

I would not be surprised if Heartstone ends up being a bigger and more successful.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nashvilleskyline: The numbers they want are numbers better than Sony. Their PR spin since November has shown this. Even without achieving numbers better than Sony, I think they can consider their launch a success, but they're not about to rest on that alone.

All the moves Sony has made? The only thing that I would consider desperate is trying to get more people to subscribe to PS+ when they already were offering free online multiplayer and no pay wall blocking Netflix. Their instant game collection has been so successful, that Microsoft has had to adopt a similar strategy.

As I said, this isn't an "oh shit, we're doomed" act of desperation, but it is fed by the fact that they are trying to close the gap, and this is a good way to try to do so. I doubt if the almost 2:1 sales figures from the past month had happened that Microsoft would be offering Titanfall for free.

I could see this move causing more Xbox Ones sold than PS4s in March, but not by much. All Microsoft wants is the ability to say they sold more Xbox Ones for that month, along with saying Titanfall was the best selling title across Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.