Tons of *puppy* "leaked" on NeoGAF

• 120 results
#1 Posted by DarthOrange (3837 posts) -

Tons of shit has been leaked over on GAF by an "insider". Here are the main things:

• Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
  • White Xbone incoming.
  • Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? "I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. "
  • Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
  • Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
  • Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
  • Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
  • Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
  • Fable Legends is Summer 2015
  • Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
  • Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
  • First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
  • No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
  • A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
  • No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly.
  • $399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

Apparently The Verge has verified some of this info.

This is a ton of news and honestly I think it is a controlled leak by Microsoft (which if it is then I guess I am helping do there dirty work -_-). Either way, it is pretty much all good news and has me excited.

#2 Posted by Vuud (1943 posts) -

No wood panel XBONE? Meh.

#3 Posted by bwheeeler (418 posts) -

I mean, yeah, this would all make sense. Not sure why any of it is exciting?

#4 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3721 posts) -

Quantum Break and Forza Horizon sequel this year would be awesome.

Also think the white Xbox One looked great when they showed the model in the media.

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13131 posts) -

Is it Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo Anniversary 2? MAKE UP YOUR MIND, LEAKER!

#6 Edited by HatKing (5795 posts) -

The Halo stuff seems too obvious to be true, if that makes sense. I feel like there would have been some word of this Halo 2 remake by now. Maybe I'm wrong.

#7 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5139 posts) -

I have to say I'm a fan of this new "Puppy" mod editing.

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4531 posts) -

Why would removing the optical drive allow them to drop the price by $100? Doesn't seem legit to me.

#9 Posted by AMyggen (2463 posts) -

This all seems like the most obvious shit, really.

#10 Posted by EuanDewar (4693 posts) -

if the Halo 2 Anniversary stuff is actually true then I'm doing laps basically

#11 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

2016 Crackdown? Oh fuck off

#12 Posted by bigjeffrey (4712 posts) -

Hope Quantum Break does hit 2014, In for Forza Horizon 2, give me Halo 2.

Why would removing the optical drive allow them to drop the price by $100? Doesn't seem legit to me.

Blue Ray Drive gone, more profits on digital games.

#13 Posted by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

... and microtransactions as far as the eye can see!!!

#14 Posted by Hunkulese (2628 posts) -

So pretty much games that we knew were coming out are going to come out?

#15 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3721 posts) -

@spoonman671 said:

Kind of their original plan.

#16 Posted by Brodehouse (9522 posts) -

So pretty much games that we knew were coming out are going to come out?

VIDEO GAME DIRT SHEETZ

#17 Posted by alanm26v5 (435 posts) -

Until older digital games drop in price similar to how they do for physical copies on Amazon and other retailers, I'd hate to not have that option.

#18 Posted by LucidDreams117 (375 posts) -

Huh. Interesting. Sounds exciting. As an Xbox One fan, I'm really looking forward to this year.

#19 Posted by ch3burashka (4993 posts) -

Shangheist sounds hella dumb.

#20 Posted by Korwin (2814 posts) -

Might have an Xbox One by the end of the year, would be nice to have something to play if I do I guess.

#21 Posted by Brendan (7670 posts) -

I can't rember where but I'm pretty sure a MS guy hinted that we shouldn't expect for there to necessarily be more Halo anniversary games just because there was a first one. The way he described it was that Halo 1 Anniversary was also special because of the launch of the Xbox brand.

#22 Posted by LucidDreams117 (375 posts) -

@alanm26v5: you just said it right there. "option"

I look forward to going all digital. I think we'll start seeing a stronger push for a Steam Sale like approach for consoles. Pushing traditional stores out of the loop. Microsoft has long seemed like they only want digital. That way they sell movies out of the Xbox Video store too.

#23 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2285 posts) -

Sounds fake honestly

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

None of that is of much interest to me except for the Black Tusk project that presumably no longer exists and maybe Crackdown 3, but I didn't even want to play Crackdown 2.

#25 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3150 posts) -

Meh, Halo Anniversary 1 was a huge bummer since it didn't have Halo 1 MP(best time I had in a Halo game), and I didn't like Halo 2's MP at all. Nothing here is interesting at all though. Forza sounds alright I guess.

#26 Posted by wjb (1626 posts) -

Is it Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo Anniversary 2? MAKE UP YOUR MIND, LEAKER!

"I am incapable of consistency. This is not bad!"

#27 Posted by Milkman (16486 posts) -

"I am incapable of fear."

What an asshole.

#28 Posted by Tearhead (2147 posts) -

Nothing really mind blowing in that list. Only thing I care about is seeing more of Quantum Break.

#29 Posted by crithon (3059 posts) -

I came in expecting puppies.... and I see no puppies.

#30 Posted by Quarters (1624 posts) -

I'm not sure I'd place any of this info anywhere near the realm of "exciting" or even "interesting". Essentially, it's just saying, "hey, Microsoft will do some Microsoft stuff". I do wonder if Halo 2 Anniversary(if it exists) will be 360 or XBONE though.

#31 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

People are starting to talk about how this might be a controlled "leak." It'd explain why I think it's pretty boring, at least.

#32 Posted by Zelyre (1106 posts) -

Brick and mortar store doesn't get their cut from digital sales. You make back that money in just a few sales and then from there, it's all extra profit.

#33 Posted by Nashvilleskyline (192 posts) -

no drive should have been there from the get go in my opinion, having the option to buy the console with the kinect at a lower price and the more expansive one with a drive. Anyway, these leaks, if true are all cool and leave place for new announcements for E3

Glad to read that

#34 Posted by Andorski (5179 posts) -

@spoonman671 said:

Internal Blu-Ray drives aren't that expensive and MS gets payback whether it's physical or digital. I think that particular rumor should be taken with a grain of salt.

#35 Edited by bigjeffrey (4712 posts) -

@andorski said:

@bigjeffrey said:

@spoonman671 said:

Internal Blu-Ray drives aren't that expensive and MS gets payback whether it's physical or digital. I think that particular rumor should be taken with a grain of salt.

The can put out a Slim model which would lessen the production cost, have you seen that drive? It's literally half the console. IDK!!!!!????

#36 Posted by Strife777 (1490 posts) -

Nothing in this is really making me lose my shit. Still not enough for me to buy an Xbox One yet.

Forza Horizon is probably what I'm most interested in.

#37 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -

I'm down with all of this. Also:

• Halo 5 will be released in 2015.

All the while, I'm still waiting on Spinal, Fulgore, Cinder, and Riptor.. So..

#38 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11423 posts) -

I'd believe that they were doing a remake of Halo 2. That seems like the kind of disappointingly safe move Microsoft would make.

#39 Edited by shinjin977 (743 posts) -

This is just a bunch of expected sequels? I mean, cool but far from exciting. The only sequel announcement that can get me excited anymore was already announce and DS2 is coming in like a month. Want emancipation?

#40 Edited by TheHT (10812 posts) -

Only thing exciting there is Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive dates. Looking forward to seeing more of those two.

#41 Posted by TooWalrus (13131 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

None of that is of much interest to me except for the Black Tusk project that presumably no longer exists and maybe Crackdown 3, but I didn't even want to play Crackdown 2.

Shangheist is a great name for... I suppose anything, really.

#42 Posted by Xeiphyer (5593 posts) -

Nothing exciting here, that's all really obvious or uninteresting stuff.

#43 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

Crackdown 3: Shangheist

#44 Edited by TooWalrus (13131 posts) -

@toowalrus said:

@fluxwavez said:

Crackdown 3: Shangheist

Exactly!

#45 Posted by soulcake (246 posts) -

A kinectless Xbone would have made more sense then the no blue-ray player one.

#46 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Halo 2 had the best multiplayer maps of any game released imo, so i'm so excited to play those again. Campaign was not great but having the MP will be well worth it, as long as it has a good representation of the Halo 2 maps.

If they keep releasing the re-done Halo games as sort of a test for the new engine i will keep buying them.

#47 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1523 posts) -

I AM INCAPABLE OF FEAR

#48 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

zzzzzzz

The most boring leak in recent history.

#49 Edited by ShaggE (6300 posts) -

So he's incapable of choice?

#50 Edited by Damodar (1287 posts) -

I guess I'll just continue to not give a puppy about the xbox then? I've leaked more interesting things in to a toilet bowl.

Also, it's champing. Champing at the bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.