Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

TV Audio suddenly sounds like crap. Games sound fine. Chromecast.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I have been using my chromecast via the HDMI in on my xbox one for awhile now and have had no problems. then suddenly the other day the audio coming out of the chromecast through the X1 sounds like garbled robot noise. Games and regular X1 audio sounds normal. If I move the Chromecast to another HDMI port it sounds fine. '

So... did the HDMI port on my X1 crap out or something? Thats the only thing I can think of that I cant prove works fine. That would totally suck because I really like this feature of the Xbox.

Okay I just tried plugging my other chromecast into it and same problem so its definitely a problem with the Xbox.

This sucks, is there anything else I can try?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Devil240Z

Okay so I fixed it. NOT SURE WHY IT WORKED THOUGH.

I went into the settings of the chromecast and set it to 50hz mode because that is basically the only option in there, then the audio kicked back in and sounds normal again. BUT when I turned 50hz mode off it still sounded fine. So its like the 50hz mode didn't actually do anything and by changing the settings I re-initiated some kind of HDMI handshake thing and thats what fixed it... OR SOMETHING...

Can we re-purpose this thread to be a discussion about how HDMI is weird and stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.