Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Was the Xbox One supposed priced higher than $499?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

You can hear Phil Spencer say,"I thought they'd be happy about the new price" off screen after the reveal through multiple streams so the video is legit. My question is did he mean new price as in new hardware=new price or was there another price higher than $499 and he was surprised with his fellow Microsoft employees people weren't excited for this lower price? Microsoft has had some bad messaging the past week and it seems like every other hour something comes out that makes them appear tone deaf. What's going on over there?

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

You know, just watching his face made me a little sad. I already preordered a PS4 and really don't like Xbox One's online policies, but I do feel bad about Microsoft and how they are just digging themselves in a hole. I loved my 360 and would want an Xbox One if it was not for the policies. Maybe they really care about us (well, as much as a huge corporation can, right?). I don't know...

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This video could work as a textbook example of being influenced to hear something different than what's actually said.

Ignore the captions, he says "I thought they took out the UK price." Which would explain the teleprompter stumbling.

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's absolutely saying took out the UK price. He was clearly frustrated because he didn't know that was going to be in there which is why he stumbled over it.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aishan said:

This video could work as a textbook example of being influenced to hear something different than what's actually said.

Ignore the captions, he says "I thought they took out the UK price." Which would explain the teleprompter stumbling.

That's what I heard too.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

@aishan said:

That's what I heard too.

That is actually possible looking back at it now.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wanna say that PS4 was priced higher as well.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

@aishan said:

That's what I heard too.

Same here, totally explains why he fumbled around near the UK price part of the speech.
    But instead of us either getting the right info or making up our own we should just use youtubes automated CC feature instead:

"onset excited to announce that xbox one will want to disstill member in twenty one markets around the world atwater ninety nine dollars in the U_S_ one and ninety nine years in european markets and hundreds fourteen at ordered twenty nine pounds in the U_K_"

Seems legit, thank you youtube

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

Definitely said "thought they took out the UK price"

And of course the console could have been priced higher, i'm pretty sure all console makers beside Nintendo sell the console for a loss during the first couple years of production.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.