Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

What Will make You Buy The Xbox One?

• 64 results
    Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I want to write a giant list about it, but history shows that it doesn't really take much for me to buy a console I'm not interested in. I want to say I'd avoid buying it on principle, but if it's decently priced and has a really cool looking game or two, I'd probably get it because I'm weak.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Alekss

I will buy an XBOX One if it's capable of doing blowjobs

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
    SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

If Microsoft would let me punch justin beiber.... Okay I'd consider it then, but if they let me kill the little shit I'd buy it.... I'd never actually use it but I'd buy it.

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By nok

@herbiebug: a sku that doesn't include the Kinect? Well guess you will never own one then.

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebox: So....are you a marketing partner for Microsoft?

TheBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demodocus: yeah, everyone kinda has the same desire to not have kinect and a lot more things not having to be online ALL the time!

I agree with you tho!!

-TheBox

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

• Games
    • Gold gives you something free psn doesn't.(Psn+ with free cames)
    • Able to play my games I bought without to much hassle if i bring to a friends house.
    • Shove the least amount of kinnect down my throat as possible.
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By MEATBALL

I just want buying games at retail to behave the way it does now with the same freedoms granted to disc-based games as I currently have. I would also prefer no sort of internet connection requirement, but I would potentially be okay with a monthly connection requirement or something.

Then again, I'm beginning to wonder if the philosophy of next-gen and where things are headed in regards to game ownership and the "all digital" future are just things that I want no part of. It seems at this point all-digital purchases where ownership doesn't mean what it traditionally used to is the industry's endgame. So even if Xbone and PS4 decide to ease up and take baby steps towards that future, they're still steps towards a future I don't really want.

Obviously it's unreasonable for me to expect these companies to bend to what I personally want/expect from ownership of media in the future, so maybe I should just bow out now?

Bombcast talk about the "all-digital future" depresses the shit out of me.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Nekroskop

If I got it for 1€. I'd like to get it for free, but since you specified 'buy' I'll have to go with 1 euro.

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By nok

@meatball: I'm wondering why an all digital future depresses you? Personally bring that shiz on and let's get it over with. If I never have to walk in a brick and mortar establishment again I could not be happier. Hate going to Best Buy, GameStop, Fry's etc to pick up a game. I hope Sony and Microsoft can become more competitive in the online area giving me greater reason to download titles on their services as I do on Steam or GoG. I don't need boxes or discs anymore, and yes the digital rights fight should be interesting but I welcome it.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As someone who could honestly not muster a fuck to give about the new features of the console it would have to be an a handful of good exclusives. Just saying there are fifteen and half of them are new means absolutely nothing and a rational person would know that. Microsoft's big hits have grown stale for me personally and historically their first party outside of their big guns have always been utter shit. And Remedy making a game that is not Alan Wake 2 doesn't excite me or guarantee its going to be good. No matter how badly I read in my mind "time is the fire in which we burn" in Malcom McDowell's voice from Star Trek Generations.

Also for the love of god there is no absolute reason I should need to have a Kinect plugged in that will justify it to me. I don't want one, I don't care about the technology, or motion games, or even just having the cost of the device tacked onto the cost of the system. If they would just say it's no longer required and here is a sku $100 cheaper I would probably get the system just to have it so I can have both systems as I've always done.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Sony Santa Monica developing games for it. :P

But seriously though, Alan Wake 2 would have made me buy one (One?) sooner rather than later.

sagebirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sagebirt

Making the damn thing able to be stood vertically. Also some of the streaming technology that Sony announced for the PS4 e.g. being able to try out all new releases first via streaming, so I know that I won't be wasting my money.

Omeggos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Omeggos

I already planned on buying it. Between now and launch (specifically E3) would just sweeten the deal.

I guess I'm just too used the Xbox brand.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.