Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Which Xbox One launch title will score the highest reviews?

• 70 results
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Poll Which Xbox One launch title will score the highest reviews? (393 votes)

Crimson Dragon 3%
    Dead Rising 3 6%
    Forza Motorsport 5 87%
    Killer Instinct 2%
    LocoCycle 2%
    Ryse: Son of Rome 2%

So, PS4 first-party launch exclusives seem to be scoring decent but not spectacular reviews right now. We have yet to see how some of the 3rd party exclusives will score--I'm personally really looking forward to Warframe--but so far it's not looking great for PS4 launch software, outside of perhaps Resogun.

Will Microsoft's launch titles see better reviews? And which of them do you feel will be the most critically acclaimed?

• 
    OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@darji: Where'd you hear that? From what I'd heard, they were still only doing cross-section demos - I wasn't aware anyone had touched the 'final product', so to speak.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By xyzygy

Definitely a toss up between Forza and KI, but I chose Forza. KI will be good too, it turned itself around a lot and is getting a lot of good attention.

Ryse is unknown at this point. I've heard people saying that the game is excellent, I heard people say not to touch it. Hard to say right now. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those games that's panned but when I do eventually pick it up I will enjoy the shit out of it.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darji said:

@oginor said:

Forza or Dr3 will score the highest, but Ryse will be a surprise hit. When folks who have played the game talk about combat feeling like the Arkham games, I have started to take a bit more notice...

The last info on Ryse is that it took some people 90 minutes to play through half of the chapters.

Ryse has always felt like a graphics demo to me, so that doesn't surprise me. I've never been very impressed by what I've seen of that game.

I'm gonna go along with everyone else and say Forza 5, easily.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Forza 5, easily, those guys at Turn 10 know how to make a knock-out driving game. I've got a feeling that Zoo Tycoon is going to be the surprise success though.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Easily Forza.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Forza is a known quantity; besides Dead Rising 3 (which is more of a niche game), the only known quantity at launch...

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As everyone has said Forza will be the highest rated for sure, they've hit it out of the park every time and I doubt this will be the exception.

I voted Ryse though, as I'm thinking this will be a dark horse and surprise a lot of people. All the negativity around it may actually work to its favour (review wise, sales will probably still suffer) as I think once the actual game is in the hands of some people they'll see a lot of the negativity was due to bad showings and pre-conceived notions. It looks real pretty and if what I've been thinking is true could be one of the best launch titles.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Forza

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Forza.

Racing games always look super good graphically, especially at launch, and mix that with a talented racing game developer (Turn 10) and its bound to be a greatly received game.

NeptunePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forza for sure. Second place will go to Killer Instinct.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie said:

Forza is the easy pick. The rest look like they range from middling to hot garbage and then there's Lococycle because I still don't know what the hell Lococycle is.

Lococycle will be GOTY

Loading Video...

I still don't know what the hell Lococycle is.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think Forza or KI will get the highest reviews. Maybe Dead Rising if it plays as smoothy as it did in the footage the GB guys put up a little while ago but I am very skeptical after seeing the Digital Foundry footage of it.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Forza 5- 8 (GB Score 4)

Dead Rising 3- 7 (GB Score 3)

Ryse- 6 (GB Score 3)

Killer Instinct- 6 (GB Score 3)

Loco Cycle- 5 (GB Score 2)

Crimson Dragon- 5 (GB Score 2)

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SomeJerk

IGN embargo times and personal thoughts

Monday, November 18 at 6am PT/9am ET
    Dead Rising 3 < if the framerates impede gameplay it has to get docked points hard to show that it's not acceptable to dump such games on us
    Killer Instinct < cannot get rated higher than Resogun I believe, it's gotta be too niche for it
    LocoCycle < not expecting much, won't be surprised to read random reviews giving it 10/10
    Crimson Dragon < looking for the first review that says it's a panzer dragoon killer and taking it with scepticism
    Powerstar Golf < see LocoCycle
    Zoo Tycoon < see LocoCycle

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET
    Xbox One hardware/platform < with the PS4 being given 7.5 and getting judged on its games by Polygon, expect another 9.5 here

Wednesday, November 20 at 6am PT/9am ET
    Forza Motorsport 5 < despite shipping an unfinished game and purposely gimping cars and tracks to sell them as DLC it will be the highest scoring game, it really looks like the best reviewing one of the lot and most deserving of it also

Thursday, November 21 at 3am PT/6am ET
    Ryse: Son of Rome < embargo-tickling European journos have made it clear that it will be very easy to see which reviews of this are honest and trustworthy

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Forza. Unless they really blow it which seems unlikely. I think Dead Rising 3 will score decently in the low to mid 80's in metacritic. Ryse might score around Knack levels though though I'm hoping slightly above as the combat seems a bit more interesting then Knack's.

The others I have no idea how they will be recieved.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Unless Turn 10 really screws up and their dynamic AI is horribly broken or something, it's gotta be Forza.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By Xeiphyer

So good to see those results after voting. Racing games always score really highly at launch because its the same game they've been making every year with some minor additions and a big shiny visual overhaul. The shiniest game at launch gets the most points because everyone is looking for the "next gen" game.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#69  Edited By crithon

so is the lowest scoring Forza that last one? Horizon?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

so is the lowest scoring Forza that last one? Horizon?

i think so, and even then Horizon is a really fucking good game and I don't even know if it was developed by Turn 10 or not.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Forza will undoubtedly get fantastic reviews but I have a feeling Killer Instinct will be a pleasant surprise as well. I'd also be happy to see Ryse score some decent reviews as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.