Why I told my friend to get Xbox One (even though PS4 is cheaper and more powerful)

• 92 results
Posted by BigSocrates (205 posts) -

One of my close friends was recently in the market for a next gen gaming console and asked my advice, since I have both a PS4 and an Xbox One he asked for my advice. I thought about it and decided to advise him to get the One and, since that system gets beat up a lot among hardcore gamers, decided to post my thoughts about why I gave that piece of advice, even while acknowledging that the PS4 is a better gaming machine. Here are some facts about my friend: Late 20s; Married without kids but considering; busy professional; plays between 2 and 4 new story based games a year with some evergreen stuff (Sports games, fighters) sprinkled in.

• The Xbox One is designed as more than just a gaming box. It is designed to be integrated into an entertainment system, to provide an enhanced TV viewing experience and a huge variety of media aps. While this promise is not quite met by the One so far I trust Microsoft, based on the 360, will get it there. PS4 will have a ton of apps as well, but it's less emphasized in the UI and less integrated into the system. Based on the PS3 it will always seem like a neat trick that the gaming console can do rather than a core function. Plus voice control is cool. The suspend and snap functions are cool. The UI will only get better. PS4 seems less interested. The one big downside for XBONE here is the lack of a remote play option like PS4/VITA and Wii U but my friend doesn't want to play games while his wife watches something on TV. He wants her to be able to voice control Netflix and easily Skype her parents a few states away while sitting on the couch. The XBONE is a gaming machine that adds value for stuff they do more in a way that the competitors are not.
  • My friend doesn't really notice things like resolution and frame rate. He only got an HD TV a few years ago and only had a Wii from the last generation. He does want some stuff that looks cool, but his eyes glaze over when you say 60 FPS or 1080p. He can barely notice the difference when you point it out. Even frame rates below 30 FPS don't really bother him unless they drop too far. Having the slightly inferior version of every game is something that just won't bother him.
  • He only plays a few games a year and they tend to be pretty mainstream. He might sample something like Octodad or Don't Starve but ultimately they are too weird and difficult to capture his interest. He also doesn't need a huge number of games because he just won't play that much. This also makes PS+ much less of a value.
  • His wife is what I would consider an ultra-casual gamer. She will play relatively simple stuff like puzzle games or party games like Dance Central. Microsoft seems to be targeting people like her with games like Peggle 2 and with the Kinect, which can be used for Just Dance/Dance Central type stuff. You can buy the camera for the PS4 as an accessory but if previous gens are any indication it will split the base and not get much development attention.
  • The XBONE is not as good a gaming machine as the Ps4 but it is a better jack of all trades, and for people for whom gaming is a minor part of their entertainment lives, it seems to have more to offer and more promise. It'll have a (probably) decent version of the big games, some big Microsoft exclusives, and let him play stuff online with his friends who have an XBONE.

I, frankly, think that my friend and his wife are the ultimate target Microsoft has in mind with the XBONE. Gaming as just one function of a multi-media device has worked fantastically for the iPhone and the iPad, and while the XBONE is competing in this space with smart TVs and Apple TV and the next generation of cable boxes, it is arguably the highest end product in the space right now, and the only one that doubles as a credible, if not cutting edge, gaming system. The 360 was almost there but was stymied by its hardware and the decisions Microsoft made in designing it as gaming first. Game companies have ignored the casual market because of the low attach rate (the Wii problem) but if Microsoft can sell other media like video and music (and I'm sure eventually even other products like food delivery and other consumer goods) through its unified eco system it doesn't need a massive attach rate.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some thoughts on why the Xbox One might make sense for people closer to the fringe than the core of gaming.

#1 Posted by Spoonman671 (4378 posts) -

So what you're saying is...

You hate your friend.

Joke.

#2 Edited by nabokovfan87 (202 posts) -

The PSN store has VASTLY better indie games, things that will never be on an xbox. Sony is specifically targeting indie games, free games, the types of games your friend and his wife would like to play.

So..... you told your friend to get the console with a camera and a cable box add-in, worse hardware, worse cpu, worse gpu, slower, simply because of....? I'm guessing you love your 360.

Dude. Tell your friend to get a ps4. "he doesn't notice resolution and that type of thing" is dumb reasoning for you to tell him to get something worse that costs more because he is a "casual" type of player and plays smaller games.

As far as what you seem to think of as the reasoning, his wife, would use the netflix, etc. compatability of anything made in the last 3 years, be it a TV, console, or blu-ray player and it would be cheaper/better experience then the xbox.

I'd tell him to get a ps3 before an xbox one.

#3 Edited by ch3burashka (4910 posts) -

All legit points. If he doesn't care about 1080/60, he probably won't care how many more billion transistors the Xbox has than the PS4... or vice versa. Who the fuck cares.

Gotta say, it's nice not to be a fanboy anymore, not that I was to any extreme before. I had an allegiance, but even at the time it felt like a sham.

#4 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4033 posts) -

XONE is definitely very cool. I hope he likes it then!

Games like Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Peggle 2, and things like Halo and Gears are maybe the type of co-op games he and his wife can game with. And I'm hoping Dance Central 4 finally gets announced. I might even buy Fantasia: Music Evolved when that comes out, because might as well. And for apps, well I'm using the YouTube and twitch apps way more than ever now.

Even those Octodad and Don't Starve, I don't see why I wouldn't buy those myself as indie games on XONE, somewhere past March when they finally get released hopefully. Below and Super Time Force should be good.

#5 Posted by ripelivejam (2817 posts) -

more lik xbox none lmaoao

#6 Posted by Sergio (1774 posts) -

The "integrated into an entertainment system" is a joke. Iffy voice controls to change the channel on your cable box is a terrible reason to spend so much on a console, especially if he uses a DVR at home (which we don't know from what you've said). It sounds like you now roped your friend into paying for Xbox Live on top of his Netflix (or any other media) account in order to use it. No where did you say he's big into online gaming that would excuse that.

Casual games will come to the PS4. Some casual games during the Xbox One launch window doesn't rule them out on PS4, like the many indie titles coming to PS4 early on doesn't mean some won't come to the Xbox One.

I wouldn't agree that the Xbox One is a better "jack of all trades" when both consoles offer similar services, except that the new Netflix experience is only on the PS4 and not the Xbox One. That may be a plus or minus, depending on if you like it.

What you really should have done was asked him if he'd be more interested in games like Halo or Gears of War, or games like inFamous or Uncharted. That's the real differentiator if he doesn't care about resolution or frames per second.

#7 Posted by BigSocrates (205 posts) -

The PSN store has VASTLY better indie games, things that will never be on an xbox. Sony is specifically targeting indie games, free games, the types of games your friend and his wife would like to play.

Have you ever played an Indie game? Like one? They're great but they tend to be much less accessible than mainstream games. So far Sony's Indie initiative has brought games like Resogun, Octodad and Don't Starve to the system, and they're fantastic games but someone like my friend who wants stuff that's accessible and, for lack of a better term, not weird, is not going to be into them. And before people start saying that Resogun is accessible, it really isn't that accessible. Moreso than Octodad, sure, but it has systems it doesn't really explain (related to the seekers and what saving the humans does exactly) and it is ultimately a score attack game, which is kind of a hardcore gamer concept.

@sergio said:

The "integrated into an entertainment system" is a joke. Iffy voice controls to change the channel on your cable box is a terrible reason to spend so much on a console, especially if he uses a DVR at home (which we don't know from what you've said). It sounds like you now roped your friend into paying for Xbox Live on top of his Netflix (or any other media) account in order to use it. No where did you say he's big into online gaming that would excuse that.

Casual games will come to the PS4. Some casual games during the Xbox One launch window doesn't rule them out on PS4, like the many indie titles coming to PS4 early on doesn't mean some won't come to the Xbox One.

I wouldn't agree that the Xbox One is a better "jack of all trades" when both consoles offer similar services, except that the new Netflix experience is only on the PS4 and not the Xbox One. That may be a plus or minus, depending on if you like it.

What you really should have done was asked him if he'd be more interested in games like Halo or Gears of War, or games like inFamous or Uncharted. That's the real differentiator if he doesn't care about resolution or frames per second.

A) My friend is not "into" online gaming but has stated that part of the reason he wants a console is to play online with me and other friends (among single console owners he knows there's a fairly even split) so while I did not mention this in my post, he was going to end up paying for XBL or PS Plus anyway.

B) The rest of the stuff, about media handling and accessible games, I frankly based off my experiences with the Xbox 360 and the Ps3. The Xbox 360 is way ahead of the Ps3 in terms of media apps (featuring things like HBO Go and even the ability to watch live TV streaming over the Internet for certain providers, including a full suite of Time Warner Cable channels) and since these features were stressed in the XBONE's design it is reasonable to assume that they will continue to be a focus. The PS4 could catch up, but I doubt it. As for there being casual games on both systems eventually, this is true, but the 360 still feels more casual friendly to me with games like Dance Central, and the repushing of Kinect makes it seem likely to me that more of these casual motion control games will find a home on the BONE.

#8 Posted by Hunkulese (2534 posts) -

Can't lose with either console.

#9 Posted by mikey87144 (1490 posts) -

The Netflix app, the one your friend is most likely to spend the most time with, is terrible. Like really bad. It's been bad since the 360. Look, if you prefer the XB1 over the PS4 and you'd prefer if all your friends got all that instead that's great. It's just that most of the ancillary stuff isn't were it should be. Also it's not like Sony is standing still on it. They just got HBO go on the service and they'll be adding more.

#10 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

With friends like you, who needs enemies...

#11 Posted by Belegorm (284 posts) -

If he likes ads everywhere too...

#12 Posted by SomeJerk (2976 posts) -

So how much does MS pay per threadview?

#13 Posted by BigSocrates (205 posts) -

@somejerk said:

Yep. You got me, inspector Clouseau. Microsoft pays employees to go onto gaming forums and write posts where they declare the Ps4 "Cheaper" "more powerful" and "a better gaming machine." I would have gotten away with it too if you had not unmasked me.

Are you an FBI agent in your work life? Because with those skillz...

#14 Posted by Freshbandito (614 posts) -

God that seems like awful advice, the way you describe their using habits you had them spend a good chunk of money on something they don't want or need using bad advice on your part, poor judgement on what someone else may need and pure conjecture in what seems to my eyes an ultimately selfish act so you have someone else to play with on you xbox one. You're an awful friend! go outside and hang your head in shame! SHAME!

If I were advising a friend in the same situation I would've told them to wait for a price drop or for the games / media to shake out on both consoles as he's clearly not someone who needs to be an early adopter and with how the software push is constantly stalling for both consoles 'early adoption' may last until halfway through 2014, you had your friend buy a very expensive paper weight, remember that when giving purchasing advice sometimes the best advice is telling someone when they clearly shouldn't buy any of the items offered.

#15 Posted by BigSocrates (205 posts) -

@freshbandito: I did not have them do anything. I did not hypnotize or command. He wanted to get one of the new gaming mahines and asked my advice. He can afford it and the cost will probably not come down much for at least a year or two. As for calling it a paper weight, that is absurd. There are good games available for both machines and for someone who doesn't play much the software drought is not a big deal. By the time he works through Dead Rising 3 and NBA2K14 Titanfall will have been out for awhile. By the time he is done with Titanfall it will be 2015 and there will be plenty.

#16 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2580 posts) -

You should advise him to find better friends

#17 Posted by Freshbandito (614 posts) -

@bigsocrates: It just seems frivolous, the games that are out don't seem to fit the bill for what you describe as a game he'd actually play. I just could see the money being spent better somewhere else on something that he will actually see worth from if his gaming habits are as you describe. At the end of the day if he had the new gadget need and was adamant about one of these two new consoles then that's fine I guess.

The price drop not being for a year or two though, if two maybe three games will keep him going until 2015 then I'd daresay he'd be fine waiting for a price drop and isn't in a rush for the experience but you will know him better. You didn't compel him to go out and buy but your advice for his purchase was a contributing factor, was very misguided and didn't have any real pluses that make it a must have anytime soon for someone who would use the device as he did.

#18 Posted by BigSocrates (205 posts) -

@freshbandito: When are gaming console purchases not frivolous? His main reason for purchasing is to play sports games online with his friends. A mentioned above this didn't factor in to which to get since they both do this well and his friends are evenly split. If you play online sports games you may not end up buying a ton of games but you can put in a fair number of hours. Of course it's frivolous though. It's videogamez not a liver transplant.

#19 Posted by Freshbandito (614 posts) -

@bigsocrates: Fair point, if he's deep on sports games then he matches someone I know who bought a playstation 4 because fifa 14...

You didn't mention he was heavily on the sports franchise bandwagon in your op. I still think some of your points are a bit misguided or not too well thought out but yes on the surface the Xbox would appear the better option for him.

#20 Edited by rangers517 (109 posts) -

@freshbandito: I did not have them do anything. I did not hypnotize or command. He wanted to get one of the new gaming mahines and asked my advice. He can afford it and the cost will probably not come down much for at least a year or two. As for calling it a paper weight, that is absurd. There are good games available for both machines and for someone who doesn't play much the software drought is not a big deal. By the time he works through Dead Rising 3 and NBA2K14 Titanfall will have been out for awhile. By the time he is done with Titanfall it will be 2015 and there will be plenty.

If he doesn't care about graphics and mostly plays sports games, and you think he'd like Titanfall, you should have just told him to get a 360. Rumor is that the 360 version isn't even very far behind the Xbone version, anyway. Most of the other stuff the xbone does can just be done with a tablet or whatever smart device he has next to him, and changing your tv channel 3 seconds faster(if the voice command actually works) and being able to make internet explorer take up 1/4 of your tv screen isn't worth $500.

#21 Posted by Sergio (1774 posts) -

@bigsocrates: I feel he could have gotten a better deal getting a PS4 and a Roku if he really wanted media apps. However, I still think the important question wasn't either asked, or you didn't give us the answer: would he prefer Halo/Gears of War or inFamous/Uncharted types of games? Ignoring performance, the systems are pretty much going to be similar except for exclusives that aren't timed. If he really likes playing Halo online, but doesn't like Naughty Dog games, then that was the correct advice. If you simply wanted one more friend to play Titanfall with, then that advice was based on your preferences and not his.

#22 Edited by Humanity (7991 posts) -
#23 Posted by Castiel (2421 posts) -

So what you're saying is...

You like to see other people suffer.

What?

#24 Edited by AlecOfTheWest (241 posts) -

That's great. In about a year, it won't make a difference what system you have, outside of exclusives. I mean, look at the 360/PS3. Despite being the stronger system, the PS3 still generally had the inferior version of multiplats. And as much as I hate to reward their methods, Microsofts tendency for exclusivity deals definitely help them in a lot of aspects.

#25 Posted by Flappy (2035 posts) -

All things considered, I think this thread got a positive reception.

#26 Edited by noizy (639 posts) -

I can't believe you forgot to mention Peggle 2.

#27 Posted by Sergio (1774 posts) -

That's great. In about a year, it won't make a difference what system you have, outside of exclusives. I mean, look at the 360/PS3. Despite being the stronger system, the PS3 still generally had the inferior version of multiplats. And as much as I hate to reward their methods, Microsofts tendency for exclusivity deals definitely help them in a lot of aspects.

I see people constantly state this, but it ignores the fact that the PS3 was also much more difficult to develop for than the Xbox 360. The PS4 is a much easier development platform, possibly easier than the Xbox One, so the stronger system with inferior multiplatform versions is not likely to repeat itself. What we don't know is if developers will use the weaker system as the lead platform again or push both consoles closer to their full potentials.

We don't know how Xbox One exclusives will look like past Titanfall. The Xbox 360 didn't really have as many noteworthy exclusives, where they mostly focused on DLC timed exclusivity. You can look at the types of exclusives both platforms had in the past generation, listen to what those studios are planning for this generation, and determine which ones sound better to you.

#28 Edited by BRich (428 posts) -

Sounds like good advice to me. My parents have never picked up a controller before, but learned how to use the Xbox one in about 30 minutes. They use it for everything outside of gaming now and love the TV control features. The 4 separate remotes are gone and they can handle to voice stuff well.

#29 Edited by Shoey920 (50 posts) -

I'm what most would consider a hardcore gamer and I still went with the Xbox One at least to start for this generation. I wanted the box that plays Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 and while my PC isn't great it's still more than capable of running quirky indie games.

#30 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (865 posts) -

You're saying the XB1 is for casuals that want accessible games, are ignorant on resolutions and performance, but most of all...only like heavily scripted handholding games? Some friend you are, pre-emptively assuming he won't like games like Resogun or Octodad, but dooming him to a life long of NFL games and space marine shooters is totally fine?

How about inviting him over and showing him Infamous: 2nd Son? Maybe some bing action on XB1?

#31 Edited by Nefarious_Al (101 posts) -

Should have told him to wait for that 1TB driveless XboxOne that is rumored. That's what I decided to do. PS4 and PC will hold me over til then.

#32 Posted by narujoe93 (2458 posts) -

The PS3 is the most popular netflix device used in a living room. What are you talking about? Microsoft continues to lock core apps like netflix behind their gold paywall, which makes it an inferior media device, in my opinion. You saying it seems like a second thought on ps3 is wrong. Its a few button presses away and video/streaming apps have their own column on the XMB.

This is ridiculous.

#33 Posted by Nashvilleskyline (187 posts) -

I also placed my bet on the Xbox One this generation and don't regret it. I don't think the performance issue will still be a major aspect in 1 year from now since both consoles will be considered old hardware from the PC perspective and honestly, this resolution and frame rate issue shouldn't be the decision factor. If it had been the previous generation, nobody would have bought a PS3. And yet, the PS3 was by far, the most interesting console to get for the last 3 years of it's life. Sony's inititvives and willingness to make it a better plateform completely changed the ecosystem. I'm personnaly seeing the same willingness and "stuck in the corner" situation from MS perspective now. I can already see them bouncing back and trying harder than I've seen them in years and that's a good thing. I think your recommandation was a good one. That's also the one I would have done. The indie games will all come to the Bone with the self publishing anyway and there is no games on the PS4 Horizon that I can see myself put any interest. On the other hand, I'm extremely excited for at least 6 or 7 games coming out for the Bone. Some of them will eventually come to PS4 though. The 100$ difference price point is the most important aspect right now, if the money ain't an issue for your friend, it was a good recommandation... IMO

Have a good day to you all.

#34 Edited by Xeiphyer (5590 posts) -

As much as I prefer the PS4, XBONE is probably the right console for a more casual gamer right now, especially considering the available games on either console.

My gut tells me that will change soon enough though. Either way, getting one of the two consoles is a good decision.

#35 Edited by spraynardtatum (2136 posts) -

@somejerk said:

Yep. You got me, inspector Clouseau. Microsoft pays employees to go onto gaming forums and write posts where they declare the Ps4 "Cheaper" "more powerful" and "a better gaming machine." I would have gotten away with it too if you had not unmasked me.

Are you an FBI agent in your work life? Because with those skillz...

It's not that farfetched and your thread did come off pretty stealthy.

#36 Posted by Lyisa (263 posts) -

Fanboys. Fanboys everywhere on these forums.

I still think the best advice, even to somebody who wants a new console, is to wait and see. I feel like there isn't enough information to judge correctly which console to get.

Furthermore, theoretically, digital games don't go anywhere and current games that are worth playing will still be there when the patient buyer jumps in.

In the case of wanting to play sports games with his friends, he should buy the console where his friends are.

#37 Posted by inspectah (78 posts) -

I'm covered in all aspects in gaming ( X1,ps4 & pc ) I am enjoying my Xbox one way more then my ps4 . It has way more interesting exclusives as of now that interest me . I am excited for Infamous but lets be honest who gives a fuck ! It's only been what four months ! Stop this console bickering LETS PLAY SOME FUCKING GAMES !!!

#38 Posted by Nashvilleskyline (187 posts) -

@lyisa: You're probably right.

#39 Edited by SSully (4060 posts) -

@bigsocrates: I am not going to say if you are right/wrong on what you suggest to your friend to buy, but saying Indie games aren't very accessible is a really stupid argument. I have a better time suggesting indie games to my friends because of how simple they usually are. I told a friend the premise of Papers Please and he bought it the same night. I had my girlfriend play Spelunky with me when I first got it on PC and we literally play every weekend now since around October. I think indie games are so damn accessible because they rely on having a super refined idea that is easy to understand within minutes of playing the game. Some, like Fez, will take their idea and take it too crazy new places, but for the most part they are just really simple and fun.

#40 Edited by nabokovfan87 (202 posts) -

@bigsocrates said:

@nabokovfan87 said:

Have you ever played an Indie game? Like one? They're great but they tend to be much less accessible than mainstream games. So far Sony's Indie initiative has brought games like Resogun, Octodad and Don't Starve to the system, and they're fantastic games but someone like my friend who wants stuff that's accessible and, for lack of a better term, not weird, is not going to be into them. And before people start saying that Resogun is accessible, it really isn't that accessible. Moreso than Octodad, sure, but it has systems it doesn't really explain (related to the seekers and what saving the humans does exactly) and it is ultimately a score attack game, which is kind of a hardcore gamer concept.

PS3 indies that I'd tell anyone to play....

Flow, flower, Everyday shooter, Calling all cars, gravity rush, hustle kings, journey, pixeljunk eden, pixelunk monsters, pixeljunk shooter, pixeljunk shooter 2, super stardust HD, trash panic, and so on.

That's not including the 50 or so games that came out on everything like fez, braid, zombie driver, beat hazard, limbo, etc.

and then you have the WEIRD shit like fat princess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_PlayStation_3_network_games

I think you have gravely underestimated the concept of "indie" and what sony did last time around. Yes. I have played a damn indie game. you said your friend wanted to try those. "accessible" is your own bullshit way of disagreeing with me for some asinine reason. Flow is probably the single easiest game to give to someone and let them play. There's no issues with it being made by a handful of people.

@humanity said:

@nabokovfan87: did you even read what he wrote?

Yeah. And I'm pretty sure I disagreed with pretty much all of it.

#41 Posted by nabokovfan87 (202 posts) -

The PS3 is the most popular netflix device used in a living room. What are you talking about? Microsoft continues to lock core apps like netflix behind their gold paywall, which makes it an inferior media device, in my opinion. You saying it seems like a second thought on ps3 is wrong. Its a few button presses away and video/streaming apps have their own column on the XMB.

This is ridiculous.

Some people forget to think before they speak. I couldn't agree more.

#42 Posted by Humanity (7991 posts) -

@nabokovfan87: The guy specifically wrote: my friend isn't a hardcore gamer, doesn't know anything about resolutions or pixel density and doesn't care, and he plays mainstream games because indies are too weird for him and don't hold his attention. His wife is very casual and would benefit from a lot of games the Kinect has to offer because she enjoys that sort of stuff.

To this you responded: the PS4 has a bigger indie library man what are you doing! Who gives a shit about the Kinect!

So what were you reading that gave you the impression that a PS4 would be a better choice apart from the the price point?

#43 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -
#44 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2282 posts) -

Rather than say right or wrong, I'll just ask you to come back to us in a year to tell us if you friend is using it that way YOU thought.

#45 Posted by confideration (387 posts) -

This guy tries to explain how normal people buy game consoles and hardly any of you listen. Look, people, Sony could learn a thing or two about how to integrate, and Microsoft could be better at reaching out to smaller devs.

This is OK right? That my wife who plays casual Dance Central and XBOX Fitness would rather do that than play Flower or Fat Princess?

#46 Edited by Nasar7 (2500 posts) -

Yep, I've got both an xbone and a ps4 and my gf loves the voice commands on the xbone as well as the xbox fitness stuff. When the kinect works, which is like 80% of the time, it's really great. I think its a good recommendation in your friend's case, more casual players don't give a shit about indies or 60 vs 30 fps or any of that crap. And before anyone says derr you can use voice commands on ps4, yeah I know, but I don't keep a headset plugged into my ds4.

#47 Posted by crithon (2582 posts) -

I don't know, I'd recommend a friend a ipad instead of any of the new systems. Another friend who would rather get a PS3 or a 360 because he was hoping the prices would drop down to 99 bucks and then play used games. There's always different priorities when it comes to what people want. If it's me, I'd say "wait 3 years on the new systems."

#48 Edited by sdharrison (476 posts) -

He should get an Xbox 360. And since when do we, as a society, need to buy a $500 gaming console to skype family members?

Scratch the 360 - Your friend needs an Ipad and Roku box.

#49 Edited by nabokovfan87 (202 posts) -

@Humanity I said ps3.

The ps4 has voice controls and if you really want that stuff then you really need to look into ps4 voice vs. Xbone. They will both have the Nike fitness whatever junk and that's the best fitness app. You can use your phone for that stuff and have better results.

The point is. His arguments were DUMB for the reason he chose that console for someone else. It does not matter now, the damage is done.

#50 Posted by Humanity (7991 posts) -

@nabokovfan87: They were quite logical to me and phone apps are nothing like the kinect sports games. Also he didn't choose for him but stated an opinion. There is no damage when two friends casually discuss consoles - it's not a life changing decision. The truth of the matter is that his friend probably wouldn't even notice a difference between using a PS4 or an XBO, but you seem very offended at the very idea that he might use one over the other.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.