Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Why should I beleive M$

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am sure I will get a lot of flack for this post but here goes anyway!

Why the hell should I believe M$ when they tell me they care about me as a gamer and are lining up loads of exclusives for me to play on their XBone?

As far as I am concerned, they haven't satisfied my needs as a gamer for the last 3 years concentrating on the piece of shit Kinect and releasing the same 3 franchises as exclusives while Sony have been consistent in their dedication to exclusive content.

Now that M$ want my cash again they tell me they care about core gamers again and make all these promises. What is worse I haven't heard a single journalist point out that they have a piss poor track record recently and question just how much we should trust M$. After all M$ have lied so much even throughout E3, why should I trust them?

My PS4 has been pre-ordered since February but I have held off preordering a XBone, not because of the DRM etc but simply because M$ never deliver on their promises and I don't believe that 3 years from now they wont be shit canning all their dev teams and relying solely one 3rd party again while pushing Kinect content.

So, am I alone in mistrusting M$ or should I trust them and get my preorder in?

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So, am I alone in mistrusting M$ or should I trust them and get my preorder in?

Sounds like you already have your mind made up.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

You just used "M$" I stopped reading there.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You can only trust $ony.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why aren't these blogs?.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alwaysbebombing

Duder, how can anyone take you seriously when you're saying "M$"?

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

@demoskinos said:

You just used "M$" I stopped reading there.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More like Macrohard Winblows Version 3.11 For SUCKgroups, amrite?

Really, just... just press the "S" key.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess old habits die hard, I have always referred to them this way, didn't realise it was that big a deal - apologies! I refer to them this way because of their business and anti competitive practices over the years more than anything else. I work in IT for an Intellectual Property organisation (for over 15 years in fact) so have often had a cause to read the press that cropped up over the years.

Still, my question stands, do you really think that they will continue to support core gamers once they are satisfied with their install base on XBox?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Both Sony and MS have done their deals with the devils. What about Sony removing Linux and backwards compatibility?

Both are good both are evil. But it seems long ago you made your choise.

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SocietySays

To sum this up in five words, "I like Sony, fuck Microsoft"

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pezen

As much as I have things for and against both companies leading up the release of new systems, I don't really understand why everyone is in such a hurry to a definite decision on what to do even before any of the consoles are released. What's the point? If you don't "believe" in them, give them a year or two and see how things shake out. If you're still not pleased by then, simply don't get it.

I want new games and new systems, sure. But I'm never going to pre-order a system before it at least proves to be worthy of my money by reputation.

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not naive enough to think that any organisation doesn't have dodgy practices, Sony included.

Again, didn't realise that people were so sensitive about the 'M$' tag, I guess they are more popular in the US that they are in the EU. Is someone wants to refer to Sony that way then its no skin off my nose (do American's use that term?).

Anyway, I guess my question has been lost in the noise, so I will concede defeated and probably pre order my Xbox before the night is out.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*believe

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Stopped at "M$"

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By chrissedoff

@lovespuds said:

I am not naive enough to think that any organisation doesn't have dodgy practices, Sony included.

Again, didn't realise that people were so sensitive about the 'M$' tag, I guess they are more popular in the US that they are in the EU. Is someone wants to refer to Sony that way then its no skin off my nose (do American's use that term?).

Anyway, I guess my question has been lost in the noise, so I will concede defeated and probably pre order my Xbox before the night is out.

It's not that people are being oversensitive. It's that using "M$" to refer to Microsoft is very petty and immature. What you should be saying is "that was dumb of me" and not "you guys are so sensitive".

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came here because I knew everyone would get on board with you after you called them M$

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You shouldn't.

/thread

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You shouldn't.

/thread

+1 I say they creep this stuff back in little by little and or let publishers decide if they want their game to have this DRM and it'll be on a per-game basis.

grimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You shouldn't trust either of them, because both Sony and Microsoft are public companies. When a company says their first responsibility is to their customers, they're distorting the truth: Their first responsibility is to make as much money as possible for their shareholders, and the way to do that is to generate as much money as possible from their customers. Sony gave the Playstation 4 the ability to play used games because it's going to generate the most money for them, not to do you a personal service. Remember "599 US DOLLARS" or the Sony root-kit? Both companies serve as the 'good guy' and 'bad guy' at different points in history depending on how we as gamers respond to their policies.

Buy whatever looks like it fits you the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.