Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Worth getting a Xbox One now?

• 65 results
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@blu3v3nom07: Er... that Tweet is from December 2014 duder. In the Game Informer article from this month, they said all Campaign Co-Op is online I thought.

Here's an Engadget article from 4 hours ago that says no splitscreen Campaign Co-Op at all (but never say never?). There is 2 player competitive splitscreen.

limpbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I knew I wanted a console, but opted to wait till E3 before I picked which one to go for first. I had my eyes one the PS4, but after E3 I picked up a Xbox One, bundled with Halo Masterchief Collection.

The Halo bundle, because I've never played a Halo game, now is the time! The console...well not sure about any specific thing. A mix of the following: Directx12 at some point, the interlock with Win10, backward compatility later this year, the price for the bundle!! (344$/308€) - and EA Access, which atm is a great value.

So far so good really, it's a solid machine, i like the controller, and it's almost whisper quite. The UI is okay (the new one coming "soon" looks much better though. Worst thing so far, is that there seems to be a automatic "reload" of the UI, at times - which means that butten presses/moves are not registered. This is only an issue I see while in the dashboard, and might not be there with the new UI - so might not be that big of a deal tbh.

Next step: Find someone to play with :)

I'll most likely wait for the rumored slim version of the PS4, there are some titles on that platform I want...

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought one for local play with friends in my living room and were really disappointed in how small the libary is. But I guess its the same for ps4.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I just bought a 1TB Xbox One with MCC, a free game, and an extra controller for 20% off from Best Buy. It's a great time to get in especially with Live cards discounted to about 32 bucks. I'll still use my PS4 as my primary platform but I'm very happy with my purchase.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I threw my money into the XBone pit after e3, which was very surprising to me since I've never had an interest in the console prior to this point. I got the 500GB MCC bundle for a surprisingly bearable $320 CND after tax once I traded in my 360 (Best Buy had a promo which gave you $50 flat for your old console, plus a gift card for the appraisal value of the same console. I ended up getting $65 off the total for my launch era 360). Backwards comparability and the promised suite of features with Windows 10 (Being able to stream games to my laptop is honestly a huge thing for me) is what sold me.

Too bad everything I like about the thing is what they're doing in the near future. I haven't even turned the damn thing since I bought it this past Sunday. I should probably make sure the thing isn't DOA.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#57 FinalDasa  Moderator

I own both and use my Xbox One more. Partially due to the fact that me PS4 disc drive is broken and Sony wants $150 to fix it.

The PS4 is smoother and operates better but neither system is perfect. Both have some setbacks when compared to their predecessors and until this year neither had a healthy game lineup. Even now I don't think either has an impressive enough library to convince someone to go out and buy one.

I'd say wait until this holiday and see if you can get a decent bundle on sale, especially since we've seen more 1 TB bundles hinted at recently.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By KaneRobot

Now's as good a time as ever. Since around the time of Titanfall's release I've liked just about everything MS has done. Price drop, good incentives/pack ins, non-mandatory Kinect, a lot of smart (and frequent) updates to the system itself, Mattrick going bye-bye and being replaced by a pretty awesome guy, and a solid lineup of games on the way.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I bought one in February when they had a pretty good sale, console with 3 games and kinect for $350, I played it for about a week and it hasn't been on since; I still use my ps4/WiiU more, but not much more, think I'll just stick to PC past this gen.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Substance_D

If you have to ask, then you should probably wait. Don't buy a console until you're excited to get it. I have all three consoles but I've spent the most time playing Splatoon in the past few weeks.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't think it's worth it to buy both consoles. You're better served getting a beefy PC if you're willing to spend that amount of cash.

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I had both 360 and PS3 last gen, but the PS3 saw little use (just the exclusives really, the fact that I wanted a blu-ray player got me to get one 4 years after the PS3 lauched). The 360 saw less and less use at the end of it's life as my PC took over as my main gaming platform. I don't have any of the new consoles and I was prepared to go only PC this generation (well I have both a Vita and a 3DS, but handhelds are a different thing) but the double whammy of Rock Band 4 and backwards compability is going to make me shell out for an Xbox One.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I've had an Xbox One from the beginning because I thought it had better exclusives then (Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 at launch) and still has some better exclusives now (Forza Horizon 2, Master Chief Collection - broken though the MP is, the single player runs well) etc.

Nothing on the Ps4 really drew me in. The only real exclusive of any interest to me is Bloodborne and I don't even like the Souls games. That said, my wife is getting me a Ps4 for my birthday this year and I'm happy for that as well- I'll want to play Uncharted eventually.

Avatar image for vampiriclunatic
    VampiricLunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got a Xbox One and I would encourage anyone who has been waiting to get one to purchase one now. I love my Xbox One.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've bought an Xbox One mainly in anticipation of Rockband 4 (i've got a lot of 360 Rockband DLC) and...

it's alright.

After i once decided against the XBone in favour of a PS4, there's little difference to me personally between both. I slightly prefer the PS4 because i like the controller a little bit better, it has a little more in store for me personally regarding games and having both, the PS4 seems preferable to me in terms of performance when it comes to Third Party Releases, although that is wholly due to articles on the internet...i doubt i would notice/care much for the mostly slight differences in framerate and resolution between those two.

In terms of directly comparing the consoles:

- The Xbox One is much quieter than the PS4

- Upgrading your hard drive is pretty easy on the PS4, but the XBones' USB HDD support is unbeatable in that regard.

- PSN can be painfully slow compared to the XBLM services, which may have something to do with the XBone having superior WiFi Hardware...however, the PS4 checks automatically for Updates on installed games and downloads them, leading to very few times where you have to wait for a game to update when you want to play it.

-Streaming/Remote Playing Gameplay works on both surprisingly well...however of course the XBone can theoretically stream to a much larger selection of devices, while at the same time not offering a "portable" option that can even come close to the Vita.

- When it comes to sharing stuff, the PS4 is easily superior. Easier saving, built-in streaming, much larger "Buffer Space" to save Gameplay Footage , and Sharefactory is slightly better at basic video editing jobs than Upload Studio. May not matter much for most, but i was surprised to find myself rather fond of the recording and streaming options. I'm also pretty bitter over how awful Twitch Streaming on the XBone is since i specifically bought Quiplash to play with others via stream yet never got close to actually get the game running.

- "Snapping" Apps can be a mixed blessing. It's cool to have two different things on screen, but i often found the "dumber" Multitasking the PS4 offers much easier and faster when it comes to stuff like inviting friends to a game session.

- In terms of firmware and UI...uhm, i don't know. Both consoles have thankfully much faster menus than thier predecessors, but neither will win in a beauty contest. I found changing settings on the XBone surprisingly more complicated than it has to be because it really overdoes attempting to make it "easier" as compared to the rather straightforward way the PS4 handles that. On the flipside, wanting to play a game i haven't for some time on the PS4 is surprisingly annoying thanks to how the main "launcher" is structured, while the XBone is much faster in that regard.

In the end, what seems to matter most are exclusives, and in that regard i'd say go for an XBone for Racing and Shooter Games, PS4 for a slightly more varied pallete and more "unique" stuff (and Japanese Games, of course)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.