Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Would you buy the next Xbox if it requires Always Online?

• 155 results
    Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Would you buy the next Xbox if it requires Always Online? (375 votes)

Yes 25%
    No 75%

So, more sources are apparently saying that the next Xbox will require an always online connection, and while it will tolerate drops in the connection, it will only do so for up to three minutes. If this is indeed the case and not just something in the dev kits, will you guys still buy it? I'm not totally sure, and I'm honestly kind of surprised this is still planned after both the PS4's confirmation it will notand the SimCity launch. What do ya think?

• 
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@toowalrus said:

Does it have games I want to play?

Agreed - no matter what, if by some chance we end up in a crazy world where, say, a Persona game or Bioshock game was available ONLY on the next XBOX, a team of wild horses couldn't keep me away.

That said, I don't see something like that happening any time soon, as my 360 collection consists of like 6 games, 3 of which were also on PS3.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I've never had any intention of buying it, but if I had the always on thing would be a deal breaker for me.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By Sander

Can't wait to see the shitstorm when servers are shut down for your 2yr old game, rendering it totally unplayable.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fuck no!

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

I'll probably end up buying both consoles but I'll probably end up buying all the multiplatform games on PS4 if this always online thing is true.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wait wait wait...the reason why we are supposed to be happy about "Online all of the time" is because they can automatically give us patches? They mean this Microsoft who was the last major vendor to include Internet checking patch levels let alone one that allowed a download and update. Or did they mean the Microsoft who still has one of the stupidest package formats that requires professional tools to handle correctly because of redundant and esoteric install states that no one but Microsoft uses? Or did they mean the Microsoft who every time I turn on my my 360 requires multiple downloads and installs just to start so that when I go to play a game it again patches??

The way Windows and Windows Phone work right now that are "online all of the time" still suck at updating. It is amazing people think they'll do it right with a console they haven't even seen yet but they are convinced THIS TIME it will be flawless.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I've had Steam for years now. I personally couldn't care less. I understand that for people with bad connections or dealing with caps it is a problem though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.