Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

X-Box Rumours - Anyone keeping track?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By abendlaender

There are sooooo many effin X-Box rumours it kinda stopped being funny after two. Seems like everybody from Microsoft is secretly telling some website some weird (and mostely bad) news. A few weeks from now the new X-Box will be revealed so I'm asking you: Is there anybody who kept track of all the rumours and more importantly the site which broke them? I would love to have a checklist of sites claiming to have some sort of "internal source" which then turns out to be true or complete BS.

(Before everybody posts this, I'm aware of the fake rumour thing somebody did)

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Please for the love of god stop hyphenating Xbox. If any site had a rumor roundup thing like you want I woukd try Kotaku

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@abendlaender: There was a fake rumor?

Oh, well IGN's 720 wiki sort of counts for what you want. But skimming through here is chock full of Rumor-Town.

Nivash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@blu3v3nom07: Yeah, this guy did it it.

Great story. He basically just emailed a bunch of gaming news sites saying "Hi guys, I work for Microsoft, here's a load of juicy Xbox specs, please believe me" and quite a number took the bait - he links to more than half a dozen that swallowed it hook line and sinker and points out that a Google search indicates it spread even further.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the thing. It's just going to be what we have now but prettier games.

Sony already nailed it with a gigantic step forward for console gaming; instant on/off. (via states)

I don't see Microsoft coming up with anything new.

edit: and you can probably guarantee it's going to have that terrible Windows 8 interface all over it, even more so than the 360 does now with its shitty dashboard.

Wow I sound like a proper Sony fanboy here.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we come up with fake rumors? I heard that Microsoft got celebrities like Bigfoot for the stage show and that unicorns endorse only because it is "not necessarily always online required".

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

Don't care considering that we will be hearing actual facts on May 21st

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Winternet

I think people are loosing track of what is really important here. It's rumor, not rumour.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just as long as it isn't at Microsoft's demonstration centre!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.