XBone: When are the next batch of Exclusives

#1 Posted by Captain_Howdy (7 posts) -

I am getting both consoles, with my main use being on the PS4. However after the launch titles, when are the next exclusives coming to the X Box. As the current ones do not interest me, with the exception of Forza 5 which I am getting free.

Will I have to wait until March for Titanfall?

#2 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (302 posts) -

I believe so, nothing else seems far enough along to be released between then. Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break and Halo 5 have to be the next big "known" titles. Maybe some XBLA-esque titles but that is about it.

The Spike VGA's is the next big thing for announcements, maybe hear something there, but unlikely a release date that soon.

#3 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3719 posts) -

I'd also be surprised if there is not a Forza Horizon 2, as far as speculation goes.

I really want to see more of Quantum Break though.

#4 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Well, there's Project Spark if you're a console gamer, it's also available through Windows. There was that Black Tusk teaser we saw but haven't heard anything else from in a while.

#5 Posted by Captain_Howdy (7 posts) -

@iigrayfoxii: I must admit I'm intrigued about Sunset Overdrive, without knowing that much about it. Can't make out if its a clone of Borderlands or Team Fortress.

#6 Edited by Humanity (8712 posts) -

@captain_howdy: Why did you use "Xbone" in the thread title but then x box inside the thread? I mean don't get me wrong, I think you're instantly cooler for using that extremely clever wordplay but I'm curious behind the reasoning?

#7 Posted by Captain_Howdy (7 posts) -

@humanity: thanks for the instant cool bit, but I'm not worthy. Just train of thought while trying to type when someone is talking to me. Plus I like to mix and match. Variety be the spice of life.

#8 Edited by EXTomar (4444 posts) -

You shouldn't be asking for the next exclusive in the launch window. You should be asking and hoping for any new games where any title might be delayed.

#9 Posted by Captain_Howdy (7 posts) -

@extomar: But I only have 1 game for the XB? I need to know it will not be used solely to Skype and watch Star Trek on. The multi-platform games I will be getting on the PS4.

#10 Posted by JackBurt0n (61 posts) -

@captain_howdy yeah, as most people above have already pointed out, it looks like Titanfall is going to be the next big exclusive after the initial launch wave. But, there will probably be some cool downloadable games that will be exclusive like Below from Capybara that we'll probably find out about as they get closer to launch or closer to their own release. Plus, maybe there will be some cool indie games that haven't been announced yet, either.

#11 Posted by Captain_Howdy (7 posts) -

@jackburt0n: Cheers, thinking about it. It could be a good time to get into the indie games. Just hope Microsoft back up their recent words on support the independent developers. All in all it's going to be interesting.

#12 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -
@humanity said:

@captain_howdy: Why did you use "Xbone" in the thread title but then x box inside the thread? I mean don't get me wrong, I think you're instantly cooler for using that extremely clever wordplay but I'm curious behind the reasoning?

You're really sensitive about the way people shorten the names of consoles.

#13 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

This thread made me realize that Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 come out on the same day....guess it's time to plug my 360 into an xboxOne and see what happens.

#14 Edited by phantomzxro (1558 posts) -

@iigrayfoxii: I must admit I'm intrigued about Sunset Overdrive, without knowing that much about it. Can't make out if its a clone of Borderlands or Team Fortress.

My jets are super cooled on sunset overdive until we see more because they showed a cool trailer of Overstrike and fuse ended up happening.

#15 Posted by bigjeffrey (4706 posts) -

D4 is early 2014 that's all I know.

#16 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

@captain_howdy yeah, as most people above have already pointed out, it looks like Titanfall is going to be the next big exclusive after the initial launch wave. But, there will probably be some cool downloadable games that will be exclusive like Below from Capybara that we'll probably find out about as they get closer to launch or closer to their own release. Plus, maybe there will be some cool indie games that haven't been announced yet, either.

are u the same jack burton that's at gamespot.

#17 Posted by Vanick (310 posts) -

This question is the reason why I can't decide if I should keep my pre-order for the XBO or cancel it. I'm not all that interested in Titanfall and the only exclusives that I'm sure are coming out in the first 8-10 months are Kinect Sports Rivals, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, and D4. I really don't see Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive coming out in 2014 even though I hope I'm wrong. I could maybe see the new Fable or Halo coming out around November but that's a year from now. I just can't decide if Dead Rising 3 and having one at launch can justify my purchase. Hopefully I see something between now and November 22nd that persuades me to keep my pre-order.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.