Xbox boss says Xbox One is a bargain at $500

#1 Edited by Leptok (942 posts) -
#2 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

If that's a bargain then the PS4 is a steal

#3 Posted by afabs515 (1172 posts) -

Wait... the guy promoting the XBONE is telling me that I should consider myself lucky to spend so much on his company's console? What a shill!!!

#4 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

@afabs515 said:

Wait... the guy promoting the XBONE is telling me that I should consider myself lucky to spend so much on his company's console? What a shill!!!

Why does giantbomb not know what a shill is?

#5 Edited by afabs515 (1172 posts) -

@man_flannel: Sorry, tone doesn't go through the Internet too well. That was totally a joke comment.

#6 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

lol

#7 Posted by SmilingPig (1340 posts) -

I am sure it is a great deal but the PS4 is a greater bargain at 400$.

#8 Posted by BonOrbitz (2212 posts) -

An addiction to Mickey Rooney's Crazy Pills is pretty expensive, aye Microsoft?

#9 Posted by Mastertarvin (53 posts) -

At this point you got to wonder if they are trying to get bad press intentionally.

#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Thread made duders.

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/exclusive-to-xbox-one-innovation-more-don-mattrick-1441364/#51

#11 Posted by lord_canti (1517 posts) -

"for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else." Ken Kutaragi on ps3

this is the arrogance that Sony had at the start of the current gen that lead to there downfall being mirrored by Microsoft today.

#12 Edited by Deathstriker (322 posts) -

@leptok: MS should really stop him from talking, but I don't think $500 is a big deal at all. How much do people pay for TVs, Apple's crap, and so on? I paid $600 for my PS3 and the X1 is obviously way more powerful and comes with a Kinect (even though I don't want one), so in that sense he is correct. If anything is overpriced it's the Wii U.

#13 Edited by Jams (2962 posts) -

"for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else." Ken Kutaragi on ps3

this is the arrogance that Sony had at the start of the current gen that lead to there downfall being mirrored by Microsoft today.

Though they survived it and may have even been better for it.

Not so sure of Microsoft... Here's a little tip for Microshaft.

YOU got to know when to hold'em
know when to fold'em
know when to walk away
know when to run

#14 Posted by Veektarius (4920 posts) -

@jams: So... which should Microsoft know to do?

#15 Posted by Darson (451 posts) -

That's what the dealership guy said about my new 6000 SUX.

#16 Edited by mosespippy (4279 posts) -

I'm sure it is a bargain. The PS3 was a bargain at $600. It cost like $800 to make and most other bluray players were $1000 at the time. Microsoft haven't given a good reason to have an X1. Why should I spend $500 on this product? Tell me Microsoft.

#17 Posted by Jams (2962 posts) -
#18 Posted by rangers517 (185 posts) -

@afabs515 said:

Have any of the PS4 guys said anything as hyperbolic as it giving "thousands of dollars of value?"

#19 Edited by LiquidElite (88 posts) -

@deathstriker: completely agree. I think you're the first person I've seen on the internet come to this conclusion.

#20 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@afabs515 said:

Have any of the PS4 guys said anything as hyperbolic as it giving "thousands of dollars of value?"

#21 Posted by mrfluke (5265 posts) -
#22 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

@leptok: MS should really stop him from talking, but I don't think $500 is a big deal at all. How much do people pay for TVs, Apple's crap, and so on? I paid $600 for my PS3 and the X1 is obviously way more powerful and comes with a Kinect (even though I don't want one), so in that sense he is correct. If anything is overpriced it's the Wii U.

But that's the thing, there's so much more tech crap to spend money on.

#23 Edited by BigJeffrey (5071 posts) -

Hey, Hey Check the scoreboard Mattrick

Playstation - 4

Xbox - 1

#24 Posted by Sackmanjones (4738 posts) -

Microsoft... For gods sake put that shovel down, your hole is deep enough.

But seriously they need to stop coming out fists flying and let that console talk. If they truly believe it's a fantastic product then the box will prove that. Nothing they are currently doing is helping their cause.

#25 Edited by oraknabo (1499 posts) -

I went on newegg yesterday and tried to put together a PC that was comparable to both consoles and had a hard time getting anything under $700. I consider both to be a pretty good deal--especially if you think $2-300 off for a machine you can do a lot less with and can't upgrade is a fair trade. I guess you could say the XBONE was an even better deal if you actually want a kinect and think it's worth more than $100.

Either way, it's kind of dumb to hype your console as a great deal when your competitor's product is cheaper and more powerful.

#26 Posted by granderojo (1792 posts) -

This is why I never pay attention to what pitch men have to say about anything & just go where the games are. If you worry about what the men have to say that are trying to sell to you all day, you'll get nowhere. Just go where the games are.

#27 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

@mosespippy: Forza 5? Dead Rising 3? Below? Ryse? KINECT SPORTS RIVALS?

#28 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@mosespippy: Forza 5? Dead Rising 3? Below? Ryse? KINECT SPORTS RIVALS?

TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY, BASED MATTRICK.

#29 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5793 posts) -

More like Bargain Bin. Hah, Zing!

#30 Posted by Deathstriker (322 posts) -

@leptok said:

@deathstriker said:

But that's the thing, there's so much more tech crap to spend money on.

$100 more is nothing and if someone wants to play next-gen games (either system) then maybe they need to save money or not upgrade to the next iPhone immediately just because Apple told them to. $400 or $500 for thousands of hours of fun is a good bargain IMO. The Wii U being $50 less than the PS4 when the Wii U is barely stronger than a 360 is the dumb part people are hardly talking about. Also, the PS3 did outsell the 360, so people must not care about price THAT much.

#31 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#32 Posted by Darson (451 posts) -

Don't you mean the XBoss? Ahahahaha!

Ha...haha....ha....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.