Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One available on Amazon at 0500 PST 11/20 (GONE)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Not falling for this shit again...

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@milkman said:

Not falling for this shit again...

cynical...

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@milkman: Why the sour milk?.

I already got one ordered, brotowski.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@blu3v3nom07: @techhits: It wasn't a slight against the Xbox One. I was referring to when Amazon put up a bunch of PS4s at midnight last week, I caved and bought one when I had told myself for months that I didn't want one.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@milkman: When you give a mouse a cookie.. :/

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So I've heard. I almost thought about getting in on this but man after listening to this bombcast that just dropped some things they are talking about are entirely turning me off. Really would like to play Forza 5 though.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why in the world would they do it at those ungodly hours? I stay up til 6 a.m. (EST) normally, but at 8 a.m. is too much.

Regardless gonna try and wake up real quick and attempt to snag one. Does anyone know how quickly the PS4's sold out when they got put up? I want to know what kind of time frame I have.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I set an alarm. I bet they'll restock before the the PS 4

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Heads up, this is starting in 15 minutes. Get your refresh hotkey ready.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have no intentions of getting an Xbox, but I look forward to reading the reactions.

"I said I was gonna wait, but..."

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By CaLe

So how does this work? The Amazon UK store has a disclaimer on the Xbox One page saying that orders placed after a certain date are not guaranteed for release, with the implication that you will receive the order sooner if you pre-order earlier. If someone on Amazon US has a pre-order that was placed after the cut-off time for release-day delivery, they just have to cancel their order and try to get it on this? Why not give the extra consoles to the people who have already pre-ordered?

edit: I think I see now, Amazon US stopped people from being able to pre-order after they ran out of stock. Amazon UK still accepts pre-orders and just gives a warning saying you won't get the console for delivery if you ordered after X date.

No Caption Provided

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kishinfoulux

YES. Managed to pull it off somehow!!! Was about to be super pissed because it took a few attempts. They probably got hammered. Even said "product no longer available", but luckily I tried again and it worked. Super stoked.

Thing is I was under the impression I'd be getting it on launch day. Right now it's estimated for the 26th (which isn't really that bad). Guess we'll see what happens.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kept trying and finally snagged mine. They must be getting hammered right now seriously.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I tried to get one in my cart for funzies and holy shit they must have been getting hammered!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was this only up for like a minute? My buddy was trying to get one and it never worked for him.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By AndrewB

I had a second console in my cart (before the obvious option for adding to cart even existed - for awhile, and maybe the whole time, the only way of doing so was to go to the "new and used" vendors list), but I'm not going to be that guy hawking consoles on ebay.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

So how does this work? The Amazon UK store has a disclaimer on the Xbox One page saying that orders placed after a certain date are not guaranteed for release, with the implication that you will receive the order sooner if you pre-order earlier. If someone on Amazon US has a pre-order that was placed after the cut-off time for release-day delivery, they just have to cancel their order and try to get it on this? Why not give the extra consoles to the people who have already pre-ordered?

edit: I think I see now, Amazon US stopped people from being able to pre-order after they ran out of stock. Amazon UK still accepts pre-orders and just gives a warning saying you won't get the console for delivery if you ordered after X date.

No Caption Provided

One thing I like that canadian amazon did (maybe the others as well?) was create a new entry for the PS4 called the "New Year Edition" that makes it obvious that you're ordering an item that ships in January.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was this only up for like a minute? My buddy was trying to get one and it never worked for him.

A few minutes yeah. Imagine thousands of people hammering "refresh". Thank god for one click shopping.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know now. I kind of admired Amazon when I saw for myself the PS4 launch system really available for 399.99. But now for curiosity's I wandered over to Xbox one at Amazon. Of course the Xbox deal is long over, but once again there is that same launch PS4 system for near 900.00 dollars now... and on the very same page as Xbox 1 (already seen it and it's $1000.00 plus bundle brothers).

I'm starting to feel a bit cynical, and standing on if I did not pre-order, then I did not pre-order. So be it. Hard not to feel a twitch, though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@kishinfoulux said:

@artisanbreads said:

A few minutes yeah. Imagine thousands of people hammering "refresh". Thank god for one click shopping.

Crazy. I'm sure people bitched at them when they just suddenly put the PS4 up so they went this way. PS4 was up for like a good hour or more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.