Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One for international users?

TheSpoonyBard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSpoonyBard

Part of the reason the PS3 was so popular overseas instead of the 360 was because the 360 experience was so truncated. We would pay similar Xbox Live fees, but have no access to certain features (Netflix, for example) as opposed to PS3 being free for online.

Now that the Xbox One has even MORE media features, I wonder how many of them will even make it past North America. Thoughts?

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nictel

Even LESS probably, NFL: No, voice control: No, tv channels: No, CBS: No.

ericjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Probably none. I live in Costa Rica so I'm getting no TV support, I can't borrow a friend's game (down here games are $90-$120), my Internet has the speed but if it goes down it could take 3-4 days to get it fixed, so the connect once every 24 hours worries me also.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not enough to make it worth it for international buyers, fingers crossed for Europe at least they support non English Voice commands, if there going that hard in on the voice features they need to look outside of English.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Anund

This is the reason I am buying a PS4. That, and I am sick of getting screwed over by Live Gold.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The TV features will be US-only. MS himself already covered that in their FAQ.

Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox?

A: Our goal is to enable live TV through Xbox One in every way that it is delivered throughout the world, whether that’s television service providers, over the air or over the Internet, or HDMI-in via a set top box (as is the case with many providers in the US). The delivery of TV is complex and we are working through the many technologies and policies around the world to make live TV available where Xbox One is available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.