Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Game Ideas?

Flaregun01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flaregun01

Hey guys! I'm pretty new to this forum stuff, so I apologize for anything I might have done wrong with this new topic. I just bought an Xbox One to add to my collection and I was wondering what game I ought to get for it. I have AC4, State of Decay, Halo:MCC; And have pre-ordered Fallout 4, BO3, and SW Battlefront. I haven't checked out the Xbox Marketplace much, so I'm really interested in ideas there. Thanks!

PaleEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PaleEye

Well, sounds like you are off to a good start. Maybe Sunset Overdrive, or one of the FORZA games?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I think Sunset Overdrive is amazing, if you want an open world game with good movement and crazy weapons.

Forza Horizon 2 is incredible too, one of the best open world racing games in recent years to me.

Flaregun01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely interested in looking further into Sunset Overdrive, I've just seen the trailer so far. How customizable is the vehicle options and the vehicle selection in Forza? I like to customize as much as possible when it comes to racing games. I stopped playing new NFS games after ps2 because the greatly decreases those options.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunset Overdrive seems pretty divisive. Some people love its presentation and tone, and some really couldn't past some of the gameplay choices. I belong to the latter group, but I do think the game has its merits. I think it's something worth checking out for sure, especially as a new Xbox One owner. Hopefully you enjoy it more than I did.

If you haven't played it elsewhere Shadow of Mordor is worth checking out. And I'll echo the sentiment for Forza Horizon 2.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KILLER INSTINCT

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously GTA V

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Like fighting games? Get Killer Instinct. Also, looking at what you've got locked down already, have you thought about trying Titanfall? I don't know how many people are still playing, but it's a fun shooter.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Forza: Horizon 2 is a must, an amazing game. Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 are really fun and pretty cheap on the store which is nice. Ori is on sale last time i checked too.

Flaregun01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have GTA V on the PS4, and it was pretty amazing. I greatly disliked GTA IV, so it was a great relief having an enjoyable GTA game again.

Flaregun01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to check out Killer Instinct when I go on lunch break. I had though about Titanfall a few times, I just wasn't sure if anyone still played it, being a launch/bundle game that was quickly replaced with newer games.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not sure what your individual level of COD fatigue is, so YMMV, but Advanced Warfare is actually really good. One of the best ones in recent years.

Flaregun01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Flaregun01

I thought Advanced Warfare looked pretty good, but I guess I was just waiting for a bit of a price drop to buy it. I have heard good things about it though. So Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, and Advanced Warfare. I think this will get my library started. Lol Thanks again guys!

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By notnert427

I'll second Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2. Both games should be in every Xbox One owner's library, or you're doing it wrong.

Horizon 2 is legitimately one of the best racing games of all-time. It's not that customizeable in terms of body kits, if that's what you're wanting. Most cars will at least have one "stock" and one "race" body kit, with the race version featuring different spoilers, side skirts, ground effects, etc. Some of the Japanese or "street racing scene" cars like the Supra have more body kit options, and some of the old muscle cars have different raised cowl or blower hoods. It's not like the old NFS Underground games where you're choosing between 12 different spoilers, but they generally offer what you're looking for. You've got a ton of options with rims, tires, performance upgrades, et al., and the livery editor is second to none. The selection of cars is terrific, and the campaign is structured to where you aren't forced to drive a bunch of garbage. I'm a car guy who appreciates a wide variety of cars (modern, classics, foreign, domestic), and I can't really think of a car I want to drive that isn't on there. The Tuscan/French Riviera setting they created is really awesome, and absolutely nailed the beauty of the region. It's a gorgeous game, and I've had a good time just playing around with the photo editor. The driving is a joy, to the point that I rarely found myself fast-traveling even when the race I was headed to was all the way across the map. I still fire it up and just drive around to relax. It's an absolute must-buy, and is one of the best games this generation on any system.

Titanfall does what recent CoDs have tried to do, except Titanfall does it much better, IMO. The movement feels fluid, the shooting mechanics are really solid, and the power-ups are appropriately useful, but not overpowered. Using the Smart Pistol is the most fun I've had with console FPS since the Modern Warfare days, and having the ability to hop in a giant robot (Titan) or just playing traditionally and trying to avoid the other giant robots keeps it interesting, as does the mix of AI and human players in Attrition. You can kind of choose how much of a challenge you want based on how you play. Want to rack up some kills? Go wreck some AI (Grunts & Spectres) for a bit. Want to take on someone with a pulse? Go after humans (Pilots). Want to really put yourself behind the 8-Ball? Take on a Titan as a Pilot. I love the post-game as well. It's basically a "Get to the choppah!" mode that makes for a fun way to finish off games whether your team won or lost. The game also has great sound design. If you've got a good stereo, crank it up and enjoy robots stomping around, chainguns blasting, and the mechanical "chirp-chirp-chirp-pff-tink" of the Smart pistol (which I liked so much that I made it my text message notification). And yes, people are still playing it. I don't have much trouble finding a game, which is a bit of a testament to the game's quality in and of itself, coming up on a year and a half since it came out. You should be able to get in on the cheap now, and they give away all the DLC maps free. It's a steal.

So, yeah. Get those two games, and welcome to the Xbox One fold, duder. You have chosen.....wisely.

Flaregun01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: Hey thanks man! You really nailed my questions about Forza Horizon 2 and it's definitely a game I will be buying and checking out. With Titanfall being an Xbox exclusive, and me having a ps4, I never really looked into that game much. If it as good as your making it sound I will have no problems logging a few hours into it. I'm wanting to stay as busy with Xbox games as possible so that I can try and keep my mind off of the release date of Fallout 4 that's seems to feel like forever away.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@notnert427: What is the Titanfall community like now? Like the OP I was a little late to the Xbox One party, and I felt by the time I got it, Titanfall had kind of run its course.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@notnert427: What is the Titanfall community like now? Like the OP I was a little late to the Xbox One party, and I felt by the time I got it, Titanfall had kind of run its course.

I hear the PC interest has waned, but it's still going on Xbox One. I can't speak for the other game modes beyond Attrition (I'm sure some are dead), but the longest wait time I've had getting into any Attrition lobby was about two minutes, and that's only happened to me once. Every other time, I've just been able to hop right in. It also seems to be a (thankfully) more mature audience than typical FPS fare. I haven't really heard any vitriol, racism, etc. that often comes with online multiplayer, and it's been really refreshing. Actually, I'm not even sure the audience deserves the credit. I think it might have a lot to do with the way the game is set up, because having AI, Titans, and human players all on the same map (Attrition mode) adds enough variety to where players of all skill levels can have fun. I just haven't run into people who are all pissed off in the game lobbies and whatnot. I'm comfortable letting my niece and nephew play it online (about the only game I can say that for), and have run into no issues when they come over and want to play it. Now I'm itching to get home and play Titanfall (and Horizon 2).

Gilian_Seed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gilian_Seed

I like to see more stuff with Kinect because I bought one and I think it's great! You should get fantasia, they did an amazing job. First game I ever play that make me feel like I have magic in my fingers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.