Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Games At E3 Running On Win7 PCs, Nvidia GTX Cards

• 49 results
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@thetenthdoctor said:

@mosdl:

Heck, I can still brute force past 360 levels of graphics with an overclocked Dual Core and a GTX770, but that's all going to change in the next year. PC hardware right now is all built around brute forcing 60fps and crazy antialiasing and anisotropic filtering into games written for the consoles. Once developers beging optimizing for 8 cores and instant access to 4-5gb of on GPU RAM, PCs will begin struggling and big upgrades will be needed to people's PCs to hang.

It's the reason I've held my dual core as long as I have. No sense in going to to socket 1155 or even 2011, because Intel and AMD will need to respond with better CPUs to match these new consoles.

The low clock speeds on the the new consoles won't really change much for the PC, its easy to just use the 4 cores at much higher clock speeds. Memory wise its a wash as the memory access difference isn't that much and won't affect much as access is still really fast on PC.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The real killer is that they are running on Windows 7. Even Microsoft doesn't trust its latest OS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.