"XBOX ONE" Impressions Room

• 381 results
#201 Posted by development (2350 posts) -
#202 Posted by froesti (101 posts) -

CHAT BE BROKE

#203 Edited by SpaceRunaway (866 posts) -

And....chat's dead. That was fun.

#204 Edited by KaneRobot (1615 posts) -

GB chat not working? That's it, not buying an XBox.

#206 Edited by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Music is awesome

#207 Posted by EXTomar (4738 posts) -

It is actually fun to watch this thread instead of the event.

#208 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Get your bingo cards ready:

I am actually really hoping for Ballmer screaming and running around :(

#209 Posted by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

I'm going for "thanks"

#210 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Not sure which site it was from, but some liveblog thing said "Even at the Xbox event people take pictures with their iPads"

Jeff :D

#211 Edited by Winternet (8019 posts) -

These are the true issues of this event. What's the first word to be said. I love you Giant Bomb.

#212 Posted by The_Reflection (249 posts) -

chat's fucked

#213 Edited by KaneRobot (1615 posts) -

I hate that I'm nervous that this thing is going to piss a lot of people off. I shouldn't care that much. It's videagamez.

#214 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Started

#215 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Started

#216 Posted by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

:o XBOX ONE

#217 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I...I want to touch that controller.

#218 Edited by simmant (41 posts) -

It looks fucking massive.

#220 Posted by TheHT (11291 posts) -

xbox one is a dumb name.

#221 Posted by phoenix6153 (42 posts) -

are they archiving the stream? i hope so....i love hearing these guys talk about new stuff...

#222 Edited by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

Oh my gosh, duders. So far, they have completely lost me...

Come on, XBOX One... Show me -one- game. -One- game feature. -One- thing I care about...

#223 Posted by Ares42 (2672 posts) -

How did noone convince them that XboX One just sounds incredibly regressive.

#224 Edited by masterpaperlink (1843 posts) -

They lost me

#225 Edited by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

SPORRTS ARE NUMBER ONE!!

#226 Posted by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

Unless I'm mistaken, the old chat never broke.

#227 Posted by Gaff (1758 posts) -

are they archiving the stream? i hope so....i love hearing these guys talk about new stuff...

I think they archived the Sony one, don't see any reason why they shouldn't archive this one.

Also, just joined but... Xbox One? So they basically retconned the first Xbox out of existence?

#228 Posted by redelectric (160 posts) -
#229 Posted by McTangle (157 posts) -

Xbox One, the third Xbox.

iPhone 5, the sixth iPhone.

Thanks for that, Corporate America

#230 Edited by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

"So, my son is asking for the first XBOX. You know, that XBOX One? You carry that?"

#231 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Come on, XBOX One... Show me -one- game. -One- game feature. -One- thing I care about...

I think it's turning out like a lot of people were expecting it to. Sony was aiming for the gaming crowd, talking about the technology (and I mean actually talking about it) and focusing on games. Microsoft's going for an entertainment box that does all kinds of stuff (also games!!). The contrast I think is most clear comparing the games they first showed, Knack and Madden.

#232 Edited by phoenix6153 (42 posts) -

@gaff said:

@phoenix6153 said:

I think they archived the Sony one, don't see any reason why they shouldn't archive this one.

Also, just joined but... Xbox One? So they basically retconned the first Xbox out of existence?

good point about stream archive. agreed, xbox one is terrible...it's bulky and awkward to say.

#233 Posted by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

I think it's turning out like a lot of people were expecting it to. Sony was aiming for the gaming crowd, talking about the technology (and I mean actually talking about it) and focusing on games. Microsoft's going for an entertainment box that does all kinds of stuff (also games!!). The contrast I think is most clear comparing the games they first showed, Knack and Madden.

Next up: Call of Duty: Ghost? Really sell us on your bro-ism!

#234 Posted by TheHT (11291 posts) -

i just want more Remedy.

#235 Edited by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

Neeeeew Eye Pee :o

#236 Posted by MachoFantastico (4700 posts) -

Something odd about all the trailers they have so far, have the same sort of look. Almost cartoony. It's odd.

#237 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

This thing is so underwhelming. BLAAHHHHH.

#238 Edited by smokeyd123 (329 posts) -

Hey guys, there's a female on the stage.

EDIT: two females.

#239 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@chibithor said:
@truthtellah said:

Next up: Call of Duty: Ghost? Really sell us on your bro-ism!

Almost!

#240 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -
@truthtellah said:

E3 is weeks away, this way they can get all the stuff people don't care about in their E3 conferences up front. And show off the 15 exclusives at E3 is my guess. The entertainment centre stuff is actually super cool as a tech nerd.

#241 Edited by Branthog (5562 posts) -

I'm out. 45 minutes into the presentation and we've had nothing but shit about television (hello, it's 2013) and sports . . . and *one* (mostly live-action) trailer for a Remedy game. I don't see much point in wasting the next 15 minutes watching more shit that's only relevant to people who sit around all day on the couch watching broadcast television and ESPN.

#242 Posted by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

Hey guys, there's a female on the stage.

Two.

#243 Edited by MachoFantastico (4700 posts) -

Have they said that the trailers were real-time?

#244 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4209 posts) -

Halo TV show. Halo TV show..

#245 Posted by EXTomar (4738 posts) -

Drama?! I still haven't watched anything but from the reaction here it sounds like they took a Windows Media Center PC and threw some cloud stuff on it.

#246 Edited by TheHT (11291 posts) -

Congrats Xbox on getting a woman on stage. No, f'realz. Look at her. It's a woman on a stage. Marvelous. Kudos.

And now there are two. Amazing. Two women on stage, how spectacular.

#247 Posted by phoenix6153 (42 posts) -

i'm kinda surprised that they went blu-ray...i mean, it makes sense, they hold more data, but you wouldn't think they would enjoy shelling out the money to sony...

#248 Edited by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

The XBOX One looks huge. o_o

Though, maybe that's just a small table...

Edit: Okay, yeah, just super tiny table. ha

#249 Posted by sdharrison (476 posts) -

I'm stunned at how utterly wretched this has been. It's going to take some time to really even put it down into words.

#250 Edited by MachoFantastico (4700 posts) -

Wow, that Xbox One looks massive. Real emphasis on entertainment.

That said, I couldn't care less for American football.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.