Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Killer Instinct Update....Terrible

BoldFacedLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'll admit I haven't played on my Xbox One in quite some time but with the release of the story mode and Fulgore for KI I decided to attempt to play some today. I'm in the process of downloading the patch which was over 6 GB's I believe, but my God it's taking forever. I seriously started this thing at 7:51 and it's now 9:31 where I'm at and it's only 30% complete. I remember the install times being sort of shitty but I was hoping they had improved. Are people still having issues with crappy install and update times? Maybe my internet sucks but I just can't believe this hasn't been addressed.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Definitely just your internet. I've downloaded Forza's 50+ GB on two different consoles in a few hours.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I've never had issues.

BoldFacedLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh okay just checking it must be that then, because I couldn't imagine that the installs/updates would be as slow as I was encountering at the time.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Maybe you should rephrase the thread's topic. It is misleading, as the update isn't really terrible in itself.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ahhh, takes me back to good ol' November...

"Even though most people don't have this problem and the consensus is that speeds are relatively pretty great, my PS4/XOne download is taking a long time. The PS4/XOne SUCKS!!!"

Good times.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

The Xbone is pretending it's a PS3 to fuck with you with PSN-like download speeds.

Sony improved things a bit, but holy shit I remember in 2007 Tekken 5 taking 7 hours to download, meanwhile my PC was downloading 15GB games in 20 mins. (Tekken was like, under a gig)

PSN is still average on the PS3, but on the PS4 I get good speeds at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.