Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Reviews

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#301  Edited By ProfessorEss

@radecau said:

Yeah this mornings quick looks, both KI and Dead Rising, have got me really excited. I keep checking my email for a tracking number even though I'm sure I won't get one until tomorrow.

Ugh, that's the worst. Nothing sadder than sitting around hitting refresh over and over again even though you know nothing is going to happen.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By leftie68

I have always been a huge Dead Rising fan. I am actually one of those that loved the inventory management and time restraints of the first two games. I am glad they included those in nightmare mode. Now if only I can get my hands on an Xbox One. I doubt the wife will let me spend another $500 on a system after this past week purchase. Maybe by March. No matter what system you get it is a good time to be a gamer.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Here we go.

*Looks at watch* .... hmm, it seems I'm a tad bit early.

God damn time zones...

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Hoping to hear good things about Ryse.

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Podcast is going up shortly after the hardware embargo lifts, should be plenty of talk about the UI.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#307  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@radecau: During one of Jeff's Mixlr he seemed pretty positive about the UI and stuff.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8.0. Just sayin'. ;)

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@oginor: That one little number is going to cause quite the controversy.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEEEAAASSSSS. This is going to be fun reading on NeoGAF.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ericdrum: That's my hope.

*insert disgunbgud.GIF*

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ericdrum said:

@oginor: That one little number is going to cause quite the controversy.

Lol, I know right? I can't wait to see GAF explode :P

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By ArtisanBreads

GAF is already as salty as expected.

Not surprised to see someone (Sessler no surprise) going out of their way to crap on what the Xbox One does with TV because "Hey, I don't watch TV and no one else does!"

Do these people really have that much of an inability to see outside their habits? Pretty baffling. Again, I say this as someone who doesn't watch TV and still realizes records are broken left and right and lots of people I know do.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: My favorite quote thus far is "Xbox One better than Last of Us confirmed."

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ericdrum said:

@artisanbreads: My favorite quote thus far is "Xbox One better than Last of Us confirmed."

Yeah that's a gem right there.

The kind of thing you expect from the most advanced video game forum on the planet. Ya know, looking past scores at content and all that advanced stuff.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#317  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Syed117

hahaha. Oh man. Seeing peoples reactions is hilarious. Especially considering it's a machine that they don't give a shit about.

Polygon gave it .5 higher

PC Gamer gave it half a star higher

but the verge is the best.

They gave it .1 higher.

.1 haha. What does that even mean?

Ars technica says go for it if you want the exclusives, otherwise save $100 and buy a PS4

Cnet gave them both 3.5 stars.

There are a lot of unhappy sony fans tonight.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

>assigning numbers to a console at launch

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By ArtisanBreads
    @turboman said:

It's the best because it is the ultimate proof of how bullshit so many of these people are when they say they don't want scores for reviews they want text, they don't care about review scores, etc.

THEY SO DO.

Polygon in particular. They spend so much time saying the name of the site. All that free advertising!

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: ... gets a lot of people clicking on your website and talking about it apparently. If they were to reassess the scores quarterly, I think that it could be interesting I suppose. But some people just love their numbers.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok, Achievements for using the NFL app is really fucking stupid.

Remember when Achievements were pure and meant something?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

Yeah like when Avatar came out, so pure!

They haven't been pure for many years now.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

I could understand if they gave you points, but they don't.

It's not an issue.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Krullban

@turboman: no I don't remember that. Achievements never meant anything, they're just something cool to collect. Having achievements in things like the NFL app literally effects you in no possible way.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117: oh, there's no point value? It's not an issue then.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#327  Edited By churrific

Was watching GS' livestream. Voice commands/gestures don't seem to work 100%, lol apparently moreso if you're english/Danny O'dwyer. If I have to sporadically pick up the controller to navigate, I might as well just pick up the tv remote instead, which kind of kills whatever little interest I had in integrating it into my tv watching habits.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#328  Edited By mike

Watching this GS stream makes me sincerely appreciate how good at this sort of thing the Giant Bomb guys are.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#329  Edited By TheHT
    @turboman said:

yup. still pretty dumb.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#330  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@churrific: Yeah, I'm curious how much of their difficulties are actual Kinect sketchiness and how much of it is just due to Danny's accent, having multiple people competing for control, and/or lack of familiarity with commands.

"Xbox, go to game dee vee oar"

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By ArtisanBreads
    @chaser324 said:

@churrific: Yeah, I'm curious how much of their difficulties are actual Kinect sketchiness and how much of it is just due to Danny's accent and having multiple people competing for control.

Yeah the latter is a good question. I mean, in their demo on youtube they showed that working, but maybe that is a bit of a struggle with the system.

Obviously if it'll just work for once person fine that'll cover most of your uses. And the accents can't help.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm watching GS's stream as well. I'm not liking the UI. It looks cluttered and the colors are off putting (black, lime green, stop light red, etc.) They are having trouble with the voice commands too. Some of the stuff looks pretty neat though. I don't watch TV and don't mind using a controller to surf netflix, so I'll probably hold off until some more games come out or it drops in price.

It will have a broader appeal than PS4, but I'm mostly interested in the games, so I'm saving the $100 right now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whew got my sodium intake from NeoGAF time to check out for the Bombcast.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By ericdrum

@chaser324: Polygon mentioned that when multiple people in the room were speaking, the Kinect would struggle to understand the voice commands.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324 said:

@churrific: Yeah, I'm curious how much of their difficulties are actual Kinect sketchiness and how much of it is just due to Danny's accent and having multiple people competing for control.

Yeah the latter is a good question. I mean, in their demo on youtube they showed that working, but maybe that is a bit of a struggle with the system.

Obviously if it'll just work for once person fine that'll cover most of your uses. And the accents can't help.

I mean if it's supposed to take over my living room, it needs to be able to deal with multiple people fighting for control, multiple people with accents no less. And to be honest, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd rather people just fight for the remote instead of everyone yelling at the tv. Does it say anywhere whether or not the system can handle voice commands in multiple languages simultaneously?

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By BRich

@blu3v3nom07: Excellent video review as always from Polygon. I didn't even know about that awesome powersaving feature with the controller. Now that is how to integrate Kinect in an unquestionably positive way.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@churrific said:

@artisanbreads said:
    @chaser324 said:

I mean if it's supposed to take over my living room, it needs to be able to deal with multiple people fighting for control, multiple people with accents no less. And to be honest, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd rather people just fight for the remote instead of everyone yelling at the tv. Does it say anywhere whether or not the system can handle voice commands in multiple languages simultaneously?

... what kind of living room do you live in? Just imaging someone coming up and taking the remote out of your hand and changing the channel. You should probably figure out control of your TV.

Not saying your use case wouldn't be valid I guess if that's all legit. Not a lot of people are going to be working that way though.

Anyways, Giant Bombcast says the voice stuff works great and they have been Kinect and voice haters. I'm pretty optimistic.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a console with Sony's hardware and MS's UI would be a perfect combination

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By ArtisanBreads

The storage management part is odd.

I mean their cloud answers for that could work very well but it's good to give people options and more control.

The Giant Bomb guys are sensitive to that kind of thing though (understandably). Interested to see how it works.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I hope is that it works reasonably well. That people are like, "Damn, ya know. This is actually pretty solid; I can just focus on enjoying a game." I simply want people to be able to buy it and feel like it works properly and does what it's supposed to do.

Even if there are little hitches here and there, nothing major will at least make me feel good about the launch. Gamers deserve a smooth experience no matter what system they pick up.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By chrissedoff

I'm somewhat tempted to get an Xbox now. Something inside me knows that it's the wrong way to go in the long run, but the online and games situation seems so much better right now than the Playstation's. I'll resist the temptation for at least a few more weeks. Hopefully, I should be able to get a better sense of what the two systems are all about during that time.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@churrific said:

@artisanbreads said:
    @chaser324 said:

... what kind of living room do you live in? Just imaging someone coming up and taking the remote out of your hand and changing the channel. You should probably figure out control of your TV.

Not saying your use case wouldn't be valid I guess if that's all legit. Not a lot of people are going to be working that way though.

Anyways, Giant Bombcast says the voice stuff works great and they have been Kinect and voice haters. I'm pretty optimistic.

4 family members, 2 with slightly thick accents. That seems pretty avg. for a family living room to me, something that I assume a lot of the "casual" ppl buying this xbox for the tv stuff would have. If I was buying the system just for myself though, if the voice stuff doesn't work great all the time, it becomes kind of useless to me since I'd have to "work" at controlling the tv by straining my voice. The whole point of the remote is to not spend energy to change a channel. Lol firstworld problems, but its more than enough to make me have second thoughts.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm hyped, Friday can't come soon enough

can't decide what game to buy tho arrrrrg

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By churrific

@bigjeffrey: Haven't heard the bombcast yet, but I'm just going off on what I saw on the livestream and Sessler's review, which seems to confirm the voice command problems I saw on the stream. Dangit, not sure what to think. Gonna have to test it out for myself in a store or something.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@churrific:

Cool man don't mean to sound dismissive. Hopefully they keep working on that kind of stuff.

If you listen to the Bombcast they sound very positive about it though (and like I said, they were super against voice and Kinect in the past too) so we will see. Obviously their use cases might not cover yours.

They are going to be doing a Xbox One livestream so you will probably get a look at it there too (with multiple people).

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 records 15 minutes constantly, but only sends your videos to shitty facebook

XBONE lets you download the video file, but only records 30 seconds constantly.

UGH TO BOTH

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@turboman said:

PS4 records 15 minutes constantly, but only sends your videos to shitty facebook

XBONE lets you download the video file, but only records 30 seconds constantly.

UGH TO BOTH

Wait where did you get only 30 seconds? Pretty sure its five minutes.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Polygon banned me on my first comment for poking fun at their xbox one review.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.