Xboxone chat quality clips

#1 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Source

So the Xboxone has a new chat thingy using the Skype codec and well it sounds amazing. I plan to get a Turtle Beach headset to play BF4 maybe this will encourage people to use head sets. And hopefully with the new system they can weed out people who tend to scream shout *And let it all out*

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Just because the audio quality is better doesn't mean the quality of the discourse will improve.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Just because the audio quality is better doesn't mean the quality of the discourse will improve.

With the new system they have in palce we can hope that people who are asses get tossed into their own little group.

#5 Edited by Syed117 (391 posts) -

People who can't use a mute button should probably not be using a headset in the first place. Keep on complaining though.

The chat quality sounds fantastic, but it's one of those things that I want to hear for myself. Of course some official samples from Microsoft are going to sound great. They've been talking up the increase in chat quality since the reveal, I'm sure it will be fine.

#6 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1333 posts) -

Xbox Live voice quality was one of those things I thought was pretty great until I hadn't used it for a few years and in the mean time I'd been using voice through services like Ventrilo on the PC. Then jumping back to the voice on Live I was taken aback by just how unbearable it is, it's super garbled and very much the lowest quality I can imagine while still barely understanding what someone says... barely. It's insane.

#7 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Turtle Beach are garbage. Get some real headphones.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.