Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

XOne will only work in these Countries at launch (1.5mbps)

supertuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By supertuna

@nictel said:

@arbitrarywater said:

Alright, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a bit and ask how many people in those other countries are even in positions to get those consoles. If there are any GB members in those countries that seem neglected (i.e. South America, Eastern Europe) I'd like to hear how consoles are currently sold there. I've gotten the impression that most gamers in those areas just play PC and pirate everything.

If we look at numbers in South Africa they sold 102,000 until aug. 2009. In may they sold a total 30 million consoles worldwide. So that means South Africa is responsible for about 0,34% of global sales. You decide ;)

I live in Brazil and pretty much everyone I know (from the middle and upper classes) either owns a PS3 or a 360, in addition to a gaming PC. It's a pretty big market that (I think) is not translated in official numbers because very few people buy the official stuff released here, as importing consoles and games is a much cheaper option. For instance, the Xbox One will be released here in November for R$ 2.199,00 - around US$1.050,00 - so most people would simply import the console from the US or Europe. With the mandatory online verification, this won't be an option anymore.

Is selling more expensive hardware and software to far fewer people a smart and profitable move? Like Jeff said, it seems MS made the calculations and decided it was worth it. We'll see.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So my Internet is only 1 mbps. It's freaking slow I know. So that kinda sucks. Also, no Japan? I realize they don't sell a ton of Xbox's over there but really?

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@supertuna: That was a great/interesting response to read.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.